Skip to main content
Jamie
Jamie

Loch Lomond, Argyll · From December 2021

I have never been someone who thought about their wedding or getting married, and suddenly I'm planning like a mad woman. I kinda love it :)

Happily married 🎉

22 of October of 2022

557days 10hours

Discussions

Jamie
Hire of Cutlery - how much do i need?
Jamie of Planning, 28 of February of 2022 at 16:19

This might be the most daft or boring question in the world, but our decor supplier has just got back and quoted us to hire gold cutlery (we thought it might be a nice finishing touch/detail worth...

Humairah, monday 25-Apr-22 11 197
Jamie
The Perfect Wedding Dress
Jamie of Wedding Attire, 15 of March of 2022 at 15:17

I found my "dress" this weekend (it's actually separates, a lace bodysuit and a skirt) and am having it made in a custom colour because I'm not really an all-white, traditional kind of person. I was...

Jamie, wednesday 16-Mar-22 24 215 1
Jamie
My bridesmaid just dropped out and I'm disappointed
Jamie of Off Topic Posts, 25 of February of 2022 at 09:42

Though I am trying to be understanding of the situation, one of my three bridesmaids, someone who is one of my oldest, closest friends, of which I have precious few, just dropped out. Our wedding...

Kayleigh, tuesday 15-Mar-22 16 783
Jamie
Freaking Out About Wedding Dress Appointment This Saturday
Jamie of Wedding Attire, 10 of March of 2022 at 15:32

I've got an appointment at Rock the Frock on Saturday to try on a specific designer's separates at a trunk show, and I'm having a bit of a panic. I was hoping to lose a bit of weight before my...

Jamie, monday 14-Mar-22 7 254
Jamie
Who should pay for groomsmen waistcoats?
Jamie of Wedding Attire, 7 of March of 2022 at 08:31

We're not asking the groomsmen to wear full suits and are keeping it informal and letting them wear black/dark jeans and a plain white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and boots. But we do want them...

RomanticGreenStation, tuesday 8-Mar-22 5 113
Jamie
Bridal Boutiques in the uk - Do They Charge Import Tax/customs Fees?
Jamie of Wedding Attire, 4 of March of 2022 at 11:49

As I said in the title really - if I go to a bridal boutique in the UK, and they order from a designer in the US, will I be charged customs fees/tax etc. when it arrives? The designer I want to buy...

Jamie, monday 7-Mar-22 3 55
Jamie
Do i need a hair stylist for the big day?
Jamie of Beauty & Wellbeing, 28 of February of 2022 at 15:54

I've already decided I don't want anyone doing my make-up on the day, as I'm incredibly picky and very particular with the way I do my make-up, so I'm just going to practice the look extensively to...

Charlotte, tuesday 1-Mar-22 3 146
Jamie
Sweet Caroline Wedding Dresses
Jamie of Wedding Attire, 1 of March of 2022 at 10:07

I've just discovered this website, as I'm determined to have a bit of green colour in my wedding dress, and was wondering if anyone else had used them/heard of them? I have an appointment booked at...

Jamie, tuesday 1-Mar-22 50
Jamie
Don't want a band or dj but venue is insisting
Jamie of Planning, 21 of February of 2022 at 16:36

I just need to have a little vent here for a moment, before I seriously lose my cool with our venue's Events Coordinator... We've repeatedly told our venue that we simply don't want a DJ or band...

Jamie, tuesday 22-Feb-22 10 329 1
Jamie
Coffee Bar Hire for Drinks Reception, near Glasgow
Jamie of Planning, 11 of January of 2022 at 16:47

We've finally got our date officially set for October this year, and I'm a bit of a coffee fiend and am considering hiring a coffee bar for the drinks reception... It might seem odd to many, but I...

Jamie, tuesday 11-Jan-22 38
Jamie
Can i have a Bagpiper and a String Quartet?
Jamie of Planning, 8 of January of 2022 at 08:29

I'm getting married in Scotland and have a lot of close Scottish heritage that's important to me. Before getting engaged, I've never been the type to plan or fantasise about my wedding day really, but...

Rosie, sunday 9-Jan-22 3 105
Jamie
Do we need to give notice at venue location or locally?
Jamie of Planning, 1 of January of 2022 at 10:50

I'm still very new to wedding planning, and I'm sure this has been asked before... But I'm so confused! We're planning to get married in Scotland, hopefully at Loch Lomond. However, we live in...

Jamie, saturday 1-Jan-22 3 121 1

General groups

Hitched article topics