Skip to main content
Lea
Lea

Willesborough, Kent · From July 2022

My partner and I first met in primary school at the age of 9. I moved away from the town two years later and we didn't connect until some 35 years later... View more

My partner and I first met in primary school at the age of 9. I moved away from the town two years later and we didn't connect until some 35 years later on social media - first on FB and then on Tinder! Our plans to get married in 2020 were delayed by the pandemic and now we have finally decided to tie the knot on 1st July 2023.

Happily married 🎉

1 of July of 2023

308days 6hours
Lisa
Too old for princess type dress?
Lisa, 18 of February of 2024 at 21:40

Hiya I've never posted on here before but I'm seriously having doubts about my dress choice. I've never been married before and I have 3 almost adult children I raised alone, I was single for 15 years...

Toni-Joy, friday 26-Apr-24 21
R
Handbag?
RACHEL, 6 of October of 2023 at 20:22

Hi, Realistically, do I need a handbag on my wedding day? I won't need my mobile phone and I am not bothered about touching up make up. What are other people's views please?

Lea, saturday 30-Dec-23 9
Catherine
Inviting partners we don't know/haven't met?!
Catherine, 14 of December of 2023 at 18:56

Hello Everyone! My fiance and I are cureently sorting through our guest list for the wedding and trying to decide who to bump to just eve only to send out the invitations. It's so hard as the majority...

Cazpot88, friday 9-Feb-24 15
Katherine
Buttonhole politics
Katherine, 21 of November of 2023 at 21:25

I have asked my groom to wear a buttonhole to tie him nicely into the wedding party and help it look cohesive My groom has thrown a hissy fit about how much he hates buttonholes, he doesn't get the...

Ravina, wednesday 3-Jan-24 9
Zoë
Entertainment ideas
Zoë, 21 of November of 2023 at 15:09

Hi All, Just looking for some entertainment ideas for our guests during welcome drinks/photos and perhaps our wedding breakfast. Desperate bride looking for help and inspiration. TIAZoë ☺️

Zoë, monday 1-Jan-24 4
M
Challenges planning my own wedding
Michael, 10 of December of 2023 at 17:58

Hey everyone! I’m currently knee-deep in wedding planning right now! Honestly, figuring out all the details has been a bit of a struggle. There seems to be so many different aspects of wedding...

Richard, wednesday 10-Apr-24 15 1
S
Bridesmaid Dresses
Sophie, 10 of December of 2023 at 07:53

Hi, We are getting married next August in South London & can’t wait for the day! Wondering if anyone had any advice on a good website or shop for Bridesmaid dresses? I have 3 bridesmaids who are...

Future Mrs J, wednesday 17-Jan-24 10 1
Aisha
Hair help!
Aisha, 4 of December of 2023 at 19:32

I’m a bride of 2025 and I’m really struggling to find a hairstylist that will work with me. All of my bridesmaids are black, so they will be having braids installed for my wedding. My maid of honour...

Gertrude, wednesday 7-Feb-24 4
T
The best timings !! Help!! Xx
Terri, 25 of October of 2023 at 17:08

Hey guys! I believe today i have found our wedding venue, wahoo! My ceremony will start at 2pm, I have the place booked out until midnight. I am stressing abit about the timings off how I should have...

PhotographybyBillHad, saturday 18-Nov-23 9 1
M
Wedding Stationary
Melissa, 7 of April of 2023 at 11:23

I need to start sending out save the dates and I don’t know where to start. Have people used wedding stationary companies/packages for all of their stationary for their wedding? Any advice on how to...

KDealer, wednesday 6-Dec-23 4
R
Honeymoon Destinations
Robyn Amos, 28 of March of 2022 at 21:19

Where is everyone having their honeymoon??🥰

David, monday 11-Dec-23 41 1
M
Wedding signage
Melissa, 13 of July of 2023 at 00:15

Hey, I’m looking for wedding signage, specifically a table plan and welcome sign, to fit our theme of sage green and gold. Can anyone recommend any suppliers? There’s so many out there I don’t know...

Lea, sunday 12-Nov-23 1
Agnieszka
i hated how i looked :(
Agnieszka, 22 of August of 2023 at 11:31

So we had our amazing day 4 days ago. It was everything I could ask for and more. Dreamy and magical. I have never felt so much love and people are commenting on how much in love we look. But I hated...

David, friday 1-Dec-23 9
L
Hen do issues
Lauren, 9 of November of 2023 at 20:32

Hey I had a total of five bridesmaids and my wedding is. In Italy next year in April and we have been trying to plan a weekend away with myself and the bridal party. I had five bridesmaids one is my...

Lea, sunday 12-Nov-23 3
A
Only 10% rsvp 2 week to deadline
Alex, 11 of November of 2023 at 22:49

We sent out our invites 6 weeks ago and gave a deadline which is in 2 weeks time but so far we only had 10% reply. We thought we would get some nos quickly and were planning to send out invite to our...

Alex, friday 1-Dec-23 7 1
Lucy
Modest Dresses - Help!
Lucy, 28 of October of 2023 at 21:16

I have just started looking into wedding dresses and honestly feel completely overwhelmed by the whole process! I would like a modest dress that completely covers my back. I have a large chest and...

Herera, saturday 25-Nov-23 4 1
S
Wedding day worry!
Shay, 9 of November of 2023 at 22:19

I’m worried about my Mum having no one accompanying her on my wedding day! My Dad sadly passed a few years ago and she only has one friend who cannot attend. On the other hand my MIL & FIL have...

Shay, wednesday 15-Nov-23 9
H
Issues with guest list
Hope, 7 of November of 2023 at 05:41

First time posting here! Also super new to planning a wedding so please do go easy on me. My fiancé and I have been sorting out a guest list, but for my side I’ve been stuck with one thing- the under...

Reem, thursday 2-May-24 10
M
Surprise groom attire
Melissa, 8 of November of 2023 at 12:50

I don’t know if I am being a bit unreasonable here. My partner is choosing his suit for him and his grooms party aswell as the clothing for our little page boy. He has decided he doesn’t want to tell...

Carlene, thursday 16-Nov-23 6
Phoebe
Buffet instead of sit down?
Phoebe, 7 of November of 2023 at 12:37

Hi, all, really, looking for someone’s help right! We plan to get married about 3 o’clock, but don’t know whether to go for a sitdown meal and then the buffet or to go straight into a buffet after...

Lea, wednesday 8-Nov-23 1
Catherine
Removing friend from guestlist
Catherine, 7 of November of 2023 at 20:26

Hello, I wanted some thoughts and advice. Long story short, I've been friends with this person for around 15 years or more. We've always been super close. Up until about a year ago, she started to...

Charlotte, tuesday 14-Nov-23 12
R
Wedding venues
Rachel, 5 of November of 2023 at 11:27

Hey newly engaged 😀 My question is how many venues have/did you visit before you found the one? I seen a venue when helping my friend plan her wedding that I absolutely love (she didn't choose it 😅)....

Joanna, tuesday 12-Dec-23 17 2
E
Where a can find venues to do all this about married a foreign ?
Elsa, 8 of November of 2023 at 00:27

We been together for 1 years, but how to marry him in uk ? he is foreign

David, friday 1-Dec-23 2 1
F
Plus ones!
Fran, 8 of November of 2023 at 12:10

What are peoples thoughts on plus ones. I have people including my single bridesmaids getting huffy as I haven’t included plus ones. By having these extra people I’m having to knock people off the...

Orne, thursday 9-Nov-23 3
Sandie
Going rate for photographers
Sandie, 23 of October of 2023 at 02:26

Does anyone know what the going rate for a photographer is these days. I’ve have had quotes from £600 to £1000. So not really sure. Any advice would be welcome as we have quite a tight budget. Sandie...

Andrea, sunday 5-Nov-23 3
Kayleigh
Panic!
Kayleigh, 21 of October of 2023 at 03:15

I'm in a panic 😭 I get married in 8 hours and I don't think they've communicated thr guest number changes discussed at my final meeting 😭 I dressed my chairs earlier this evening and noticed I was...

Lea, monday 23-Oct-23 3
Alissa
Looking for Seamstresses/wedding Dress Alteration Recommendations
Alissa, 14 of October of 2023 at 17:06

Hi there, I'm getting married next year and have just found my dress. I'm assuming that when it comes in I will need some alterations to the dress and addition of a hook so I can pin up my train for...

Lea, tuesday 17-Oct-23 1
Laura
Digital Invites yes or no?
Laura, 27 of September of 2023 at 15:27

Digital Invitations, yes or no? I feel they are more sustainable, easier to send as I don't know half the addresses and linkable to the wedding website for RSVP?

Genevieve, friday 26-Jan-24 8 2
S
9 month countdown!!!
Shay, 14 of October of 2023 at 23:08

Hi everyone! We are in the quiet spell of the run up to the wedding! Everything is booked!! Save Save Save! To the point it feels like we aren’t even getting married it’s all so quiet!! Of course I...

Shay, wednesday 27-Dec-23 14 2
Emma
Reading at civil ceremony
Emma, 12 of October of 2023 at 12:32

We recently had our registrar appointment for our April 24 wedding & were given a copy of the vows that will will have to say. With it being just a few lines of text, I said it just seems that it...

Linda, saturday 21-Oct-23 3
J
Losing weight
Joanna, 8 of October of 2023 at 21:04

Hi all. I want to get a stone off before my wedding in April 24. I don't want to go mad. I have no idea what diet to follow . Ant tips so greatfully received as I want to focus a bit on this and have...

Joanna, wednesday 21-Feb-24 13
Lea
July 2023 weddings
Lea, 25 of May of 2023 at 23:42

Not long to go now. Starting a thread for brides (and grooms) getting married this July. What are you doing in the run up to your wedding day? What is left to be done? I'm more or less prepared. -...

Lea, wednesday 27-Sep-23 40

General groups

Hitched article topics