Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

38,881
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Buzdar, monday 28-Sep-26 64 1,050 11
Charlotte
No Bridesmaids but groomsmen?
Charlotte, 11 August, 2025 at 15:43

Hey, we have just booked our October 2026 wedding and noticed I have literally not one bridesmaids but we have groomsmen. Is it weird to have this. I feel we would look of balanced and it’s a bit sad...

Hites, 24 minutes ago 23 275
L
Chair covers
LauraLtobe, 31 March, 2016 at 10:52

Hi, I've just received a quote for chair covers for our reception venue and it seems a little expensive so wanted to get your opinions. Our venue is charging £3.50 a chair for covers and sashes, which...

Michael, 37 minutes ago 20 3,121
Louise
Wedding reading help needed.
Louise, 12 July, 2024 at 14:33

Hi! I’m really struggling to find a nice reading for the wedding that has a deeper meaning, is about love and might have the odd funny line in. Have any of you found the perfect reading that sounds...

92Dadu, 57 minutes ago 36 297
Robby
How to save money
Robby, 4 December, 2024 at 22:30

Where can I save money on, what do people never remember from a wedding that I don't need to put too much thought into?

Hashoo, an hour ago 44 472
Mrs*W*2B
How far would you travel for an evening do?
Mrs*W*2B, 12 June, 2013 at 21:42

There are a few guests that we don't want to the day but feel they need an invite to some part of the day. would you be offended if you were invited to an evening do approx 3 hours away? They have...

Rao, 3 hours ago 51 4,641
E
Pre-wedding arguments and anxiety
ExpensiveOrangeStationery414, 27 June, 2016 at 22:03

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and in desperate need of some impartial advice from people who do't know me. I got engaged in October 2015 and am due to get married on 6/7/16. We've agreed to have...

Дмитрий, 4 hours ago 12 2,964
D
Table Plan size!
dlees81, 11 May, 2012 at 11:26

Me again! We've worked out who's on which table now, and I mocked up a comparatively 'dense' table plan on bits of A4, my final attempt reached A3 size, but I think the finished product ought to be in...

Jack, 4 hours ago 24 13,885
smilesjp
Best Foundation?
smilesjp, 9 July, 2014 at 17:02

I have pretty sensitive skin, so during the day i just use a simple mineral foundation. The only issue is it doesn't last all day, and I'm after a foundation that will require as little touch up as...

Ali, 4 hours ago 65 2,968
E
How important is a dance floor?
Evon, 29 August, 2023 at 23:58

We are recently engaged and have 2 venues that we are looking to select as our wedding reception venue. We are planning to have a small, intimate wedding, with around 30 guests. Both the venues are...

Buruj, 5 hours ago 4 151 1
Olive
Bar Query - Keg Hire Uk
Olive, 12 February, 2024 at 19:47

Hello! I'm wondering if there's anyone in the UK (Scotland, ideally) who can recommend a keg hire service? The groom wants to serve Tennents, our venue allows us to BYOB, but we'll need to hire the...

Zoro, 5 hours ago 27 74
B
Wedding savings account
Bridetobejune18, 29 November, 2016 at 10:11

Hi ? im wanting to opening a savings account for all the family to put into for the big day does anyone have any recommendations on which is the best one going at the momant with the best interest...

Jack, 5 hours ago 31 2,915
Four-Little-Monkeys
Final Meeting with the Registrar today
Four-Little-Monkeys, 22 July, 2010 at 09:43

We have our final meeting with the Registrar today before the wedding. I have a copy of our Order of Day which includes the readings etc, chosen the vows etc a and we have already paid in full in...

Nancy, 5 hours ago 4 1,316
jen52637
Outdoor Wedding
jen52637, 5 December, 2008 at 16:59

Do you think September would be too cold to have an outdoor wedding? Just the ceremony itself would be outdoors (weather permitting of course) and then the meal etc would be indoors. Apparently...

Jack, 6 hours ago 30 2,792
E
Yorkshire venues
Emma, 15 June, 2025 at 15:09

Hi all, newly engaged and starting planning! I'm looking for a barn type venue where we can have an afternoon wedding and go straight into the evening Does anyone know anywhere in the Yorkshire area...

Jack, 7 hours ago 30 158 1
Sarah
Guest transportation
Sarah, 7 May, 2023 at 01:56

When it comes to transport for your guests who should pay? We are having our ceremony and reception in the same place but, do we provide transportation for day and evening guests or not?

Harry, 8 hours ago 16 520
M
Changing ceremony time
Mrs-S-to-be, 4 July, 2014 at 21:45

I've been away for a week and come back full of questions! We booked our ceremony for 3pm but as the planning gets further along I feel like it should be at the earlier slot (1.30) - has anyone...

Joe, 8 hours ago 32 3,453
Cora
What would be the ideal start time for a ceremony within a venue?
Cora, 25 September, 2025 at 12:27

We are having our ceremony in the venue and was curious when you should have the start time? and if anyone else has done this previously would you advise staying at the location the night before?

Jerico, 8 hours ago 58 371
VikingPrincess
1st Wedding Coordinator Meeting - what to ask?
VikingPrincess, 15 November, 2010 at 21:12

Hi, everyone! Our venue is providing us with a wedding coordinator both before and on the day - it will be the same person (I have heard of brides who ended up with a new person on the day and hadn't...

James, 8 hours ago 6 4,676 1
L
National wedding show
Lisacarmel, 31 August, 2023 at 14:16

Has anyone been? I am getting married abroad so just want an idea if it’s still worth going to or is all venues, photographers, cakes etc that I can’t use. Is there many bridal accessories available?...

Joe, 9 hours ago 30 133 1
Aimz87
Hitched Table Planner
Aimz87, 12 March, 2013 at 14:20

Does anyone know how to use this thing??? I cant seem to move people to tables or move the actual tables themselves. Please help

Freefirenicknames, 9 hours ago 127 2,590
N
Collecting guest photos
Natalie, 7 September, 2023 at 07:39

What seems to be the best way people have managed to collect wedding photos that their guests have taken throughout the day & night? - Is it creating a QR code/web uploaded app/scripin etc? -...

Joe, 10 hours ago 30 344 1
Kirsty
Cars
Kirsty, 15 February, 2025 at 21:42

Do we are getting married in a church and then off to a big house for wedding reception. However they are both on the same estate! We are both getting ready at the site so no need for pickups....

London, 10 hours ago 34 328
A
Bridesmaids? Ushers?
Amnesia180, 1 March, 2011 at 09:18

Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...

Amz, 10 hours ago 13 3,301
C
Mp3 player for pa system suggestions
Claire, 8 August, 2024 at 11:32

Hi all, as we're only having a small wedding we haven't hired a DJ and are using a PA Sytem instead (PANIC) rather than having to take my laptop to the venue, does anyone have any suggestions for an...

Nisar, 11 hours ago 22 334 2
Meghan
Budget wedding
Meghan, 11 December, 2025 at 22:21

Hello! I'm planning my day on a tight budget and am wondering if others have done this before (ofc they have), but for those who have, what would you say is the priority to put your money into. My...

Stavesmith1234, yesterday at 18:58 17 475 1
F
Anyone Else Going the Kilt Route for the Wedding? Let's Talk Traditions & Tips!
Finlay, 13 May, 2025 at 12:48

Hi everyone! My partner and I are deep into wedding planning mode, and we've decided to embrace a bit of heritage — kilts for the groomsmen and close family! 🥃🏴 We're doing a bit of a Scottish twist...

Paul, yesterday at 17:36 4 273
KEG
How to work out numbers for an evening buffet.. Help please.!
KEG, 21 January, 2009 at 15:34

Hi, I was just wondering how people have worked out numbers for their evening buffet? I still havent recieved alot of rsvp's for the evening, do you under cater, or over cater, and by how much? We...

Elina, yesterday at 17:07 39 15,085 1
G
Furniture hire for diy reception
glaelia, 27 September, 2010 at 22:49

Hi there, looking for some advice re hiring chairs, tables, linens and crockery/cutlery etc for my wedding on 01/10/11. We're doing a DIY reception at a lovely village hall, and looking to be able to...

Lilly, yesterday at 16:52 241 2,329
S
Crete Wedding Renewal/blessing
SunnyYellowHair243, 8 August, 2024 at 16:34

Hello you lovely lot I’m wondering if you could help please!? We are looking to have a blessing/renew our vows for our 10 year anniversary and Crete has really taken our eye. We’re planning to elope...

James, yesterday at 15:44 17 69
B
Football themed wedding - help!!!!
bradsheridan, 13 July, 2009 at 21:59

Hi everyone! I'm due to marry my football mad fiance on 17th July 2010, the colour theme is based on his football team (black and white), we're having a half time penalty shoot out ( between the...

Abdul, yesterday at 15:37 54 15,747
Rebecca
Videographer
Rebecca, 19 July, 2026 at 00:01

We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Dex, yesterday at 15:12 67 725 3

General groups

Hitched article topics