Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

38,700
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Buzdar, monday 28-Sep-26 64 1,053 11
B
Very shy groom - advice needed!
, 4 June, 2014 at 21:44

I am really worried my husband-to-be is going to hate our wedding! We've just got engaged and I'm ridiculously excited about the wedding planning! However, my fiance is incredibly shy. He's fine in...

Jonathan, an hour ago 9 5,649
R
How do I sit in my wedding dress?
RomanticRedHair152, 12 June, 2015 at 08:36

When I had my final fitting i tried to sit down in my dress... which I could... but suddenly it was as if my boobs were underneath my chin because of all the boning pushing them up! It's a corset back...

Jonathan, an hour ago 7 7,453
Kolawole
How do i validate my guest on event day?
Kolawole, 5 May, 2025 at 11:57

How do i validate my guest on event day?

Premiumiptv, an hour ago 7 76
J
Bridesmaids
Jrl, 13 January, 2024 at 18:16

Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice. One of my bridesmaids never replys to any messages, the girls asked her if she wanted to help arrange my hen do about 3 months ago and they never got a reply,...

Jonathan, 2 hours ago 3 146
B
Football themed wedding - help!!!!
bradsheridan, 13 July, 2009 at 21:59

Hi everyone! I'm due to marry my football mad fiance on 17th July 2010, the colour theme is based on his football team (black and white), we're having a half time penalty shoot out ( between the...

Zubair, 2 hours ago 57 15,754
TheOtherMoof
Ideas for subtle horror themed table names...
TheOtherMoof, 23 July, 2015 at 20:37

Hi! As I mentioned in my introductory post, my OH and I are still in the veeeeery early stages of wedding planning but I got a little bit carried away with thinking of possibilities for the big day!...

Oliver, 3 hours ago 9 2,468
B
reply slips/wedding food choices wording help wanted!
beckyakabetty, 13 September, 2008 at 14:48

I have a menu for the reception and need to tell guests the choices of food available also want to incorporate music requests, reply slip (eg if they are coming or not). Has anyone got any examples...

Project, 4 hours ago 43 3,601
A
Bridesmaids? Ushers?
Amnesia180, 1 March, 2011 at 09:18

Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...

Eclark12, 5 hours ago 18 3,312
S
what the main difference betwen argos gold and gold elsewhere??
sammi23, 11 April, 2012 at 09:21

Were looking for our wedding bands at the moment and were both very happy with a gold band..... looked on h samuel and found this /webstore/d/****/9ct+yellow+gold+4mm+extra+heavy+d+shape+ring/ then...

Zoesmith, yesterday at 20:01 7 5,316
B
Background music for wedding breakfast
Becky424, 11 August, 2012 at 09:30

Please help! We're getting married 2 weeks today and we can't think of music!! We really need to think of some background music for during the wedding breakfast....only thing is I can only think of...

Hites, yesterday at 18:46 11 15,193
beccak
Guest puzzles - are these wedding-related anagrams too hard?
beccak, 7 May, 2014 at 21:44

I saw a cute idea online where some little quizzes were included in the order of ceremony or on the back of place cards, just as something for guests to do if they're sat waiting. I've used a website...

Saif, yesterday at 18:42 27 8,397
mummymrs2b
Hen party? What are you doing?
mummymrs2b, 13 February, 2012 at 12:20

Just wondering what everyone is doing for their hen do? I did think about going abroad for a chilled weekend, but not sure people would want to so thinking maybe Liverpool? After inspiration and ideas...

John, yesterday at 14:51 51 9,047
K
Dress deposit?
KJHLee, 30 June, 2015 at 21:18

Hey, I'm about to start looking around and shopping for a dress. I have a very good idea of what I want, and provided it looks good on me, have my heart set on a dress that costs £1295. How much would...

Mohsin, yesterday at 14:21 78 2,607
Victoria
Interesting reception entertainment?
Victoria, 24 April, 2024 at 03:47

We are having an indoor/outdoor reception and I need some inspo for reception entertainment. We already have a digital Photo Booth and dancing set up. I’m waiting on rates for a silhouette artist, as...

Mohsin, yesterday at 13:54 95 1,058
S
Not too riske hen party game ideas
Sparkly, 25 February, 2010 at 20:46

Hi all! Not a regular hitcher here - am usually found on Babytalk. It's my sister's hen party this weekend and as chief BM I guess I am responsible for the event. I was looking for some not too riske...

Clibrestock, yesterday at 12:44 158 34,484
P
Games for family get together!
PenelopeP, 25 September, 2008 at 11:22

We're having a family get together the day before our wedding. Most of our families have never met because mine live abroad. We're getting together in the afternoon for afternoon tea and I was...

888, yesterday at 11:32 147 10,875
kelly29
Crafty types - card weight?
kelly29, 20 February, 2009 at 23:10

I need to be sorting out some ivory card for my table numbers / menus and my seating plan display. In case I need to order it online, what weight (i.e. gsm) should I be looking for? I'm going to have...

Jerry Jacks, yesterday at 11:05 9 1,362
J
Looking for a Michael Myers (halloween) flower girl
Jane, 7 July, 2026 at 23:20

Random one I know. We are having speeches Halloween wedding and I am looking for a Micheal Myers scare actor to be our flower girl. I gave no idea where to start with looking anyone got any...

Dash, yesterday at 10:44 6 56 1
S
Filming your own wedding - anyone used Filmed On Phones?
Sophie, 3 November, 2024 at 13:52

Hello! My partner and I have been looking at videographers but we're not sure we want to pay so much for such a fancy video. We really just want the main parts of our day captured on video so we were...

Kelvin, yesterday at 08:45 14 236
Amy
Evening food - Good idea or waste of money?
Amy, 10 October, 2024 at 14:07

I am undecided on whether or not to have food in the evening at our wedding. I believe that people will be focused on getting drunk and the food will go to waste but some people have said its nice to...

Marketing, yesterday at 08:11 56 695
Kara
Scottish Twilight wedding
Kara, 29 December, 2025 at 23:57

Hi, I’m looking for venues in Glasgow, Ayrshire or Dumfries and Galloway which can accommodate evening ceremonies followed by a party for up to 80 guests. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Arianwen, yesterday at 07:53 1 18
xkimx007
Wedshoots
xkimx007, 14 March, 2022 at 11:59

Hi all, Anyone planning on using (or already has) the Wedshoots app and adding the page to their Hitched website? I created an album in the app and added a photo to test. I can see the photo has been...

Laura, yesterday at 07:44 146 2,092 2
M
Transport for guests
Miss-KEM, 7 February, 2016 at 16:24

Our ceremony and reception are at different venues. Ceremony venue is about 15 minutes by car from where we live. Then ceremony to reception is about 5 minutes by car. I have arranged a car to take OH...

Ankit, yesterday at 07:38 14 2,869
N
order of service font
narie, 4 September, 2011 at 18:19

Hi - am now drafting the order of service to show the reverend on Tuesday... what would you say is the best font to use for the words for the hymns in the order of service? Need to be big and clear...

James, yesterday at 03:26 35 11,731
Dani
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED: Take a peek at our last £25,000 winners' wedding! You could be next 👀
Dani, 13 January, 2025 at 15:57

Check out how last year’s winners, Courtney and Adam celebrated their chic £25,000 wedding! Fancy a shot at winning your dream wedding this year? Enter now for a chance to WIN our biggest giveaway of...

Willium, friday 2-Oct-26 1 44
panda2011
Military Weddings
panda2011, 24 November, 2010 at 22:14

I'm sure I'm not the only Hitcher getting married to a man in uniform. What's everyone doing about uniforms/civvy clothes? My OH will wear his RAF uniform, as will his RAF mates. His brother will be...

Rolen, friday 2-Oct-26 61 7,443
Charlotte
No Bridesmaids but groomsmen?
Charlotte, 11 August, 2025 at 15:43

Hey, we have just booked our October 2026 wedding and noticed I have literally not one bridesmaids but we have groomsmen. Is it weird to have this. I feel we would look of balanced and it’s a bit sad...

Hites, friday 2-Oct-26 23 282
L
Chair covers
LauraLtobe, 31 March, 2016 at 10:52

Hi, I've just received a quote for chair covers for our reception venue and it seems a little expensive so wanted to get your opinions. Our venue is charging £3.50 a chair for covers and sashes, which...

Michael, friday 2-Oct-26 20 3,121
Louise
Wedding reading help needed.
Louise, 12 July, 2024 at 14:33

Hi! I’m really struggling to find a nice reading for the wedding that has a deeper meaning, is about love and might have the odd funny line in. Have any of you found the perfect reading that sounds...

92Dadu, friday 2-Oct-26 36 297
Robby
How to save money
Robby, 4 December, 2024 at 22:30

Where can I save money on, what do people never remember from a wedding that I don't need to put too much thought into?

Hashoo, friday 2-Oct-26 44 472
Mrs*W*2B
How far would you travel for an evening do?
Mrs*W*2B, 12 June, 2013 at 21:42

There are a few guests that we don't want to the day but feel they need an invite to some part of the day. would you be offended if you were invited to an evening do approx 3 hours away? They have...

Rao, friday 2-Oct-26 51 4,642

General groups

Hitched article topics