Weybridge, Surrey · From January 2021

Happily married 🎉

23 of July of 2022

614days 21hours

Discussions

Yorkshirelass
We did it!
Yorkshirelass of Just Married, 25 of July of 2022 at 17:06

We did it on Saturday! Here are some pics (not professional yet!). The day was amazing, venue, all my suppliers and food and drink were fantastic, everyone had a lovely time. We just loved it. Would...

Sarah, friday 2-Dec-22 17 458
Yorkshirelass
George??
Yorkshirelass of Just Married, 26 of September of 2022 at 17:06

Hello everyone Did anyone hear how George got on? He was posting on here about dressing as a bride at his wedding to his husband and I think they were getting married in June which was before me. I...

Michelle, monday 14-Nov-22 6 359
Yorkshirelass
Covid worries
Yorkshirelass of Planning, 5 of July of 2022 at 20:09

We are getting married on 23rd of this month and I’ve started getting very worried about Covid😳 I’m not an anxious person or a drama queen but I’m worrying a lot about people pulling out in general in...

Michelle, saturday 23-Jul-22 17 379
Yorkshirelass
Decree Nisi and Absolute
Yorkshirelass of Etiquette and Advice, 14 of June of 2022 at 07:12

So my partner has been married before in his early 30s (we are both over 45!) and a few weeks ago he gave me his “divorce papers” so I could keep them safe for when we give notice which is now this...

Emily, saturday 18-Jun-22 4 226
Yorkshirelass
Pea Soup Drama🤣
Yorkshirelass of Planning, 30 of May of 2022 at 16:51

Last week my FH and I went to the venue to taste the menu. We had been asked to give three courses each and then we would choose a full meal of starter, main and dessert from these. Now we both love...

Mrsjones2024, thursday 9-Jun-22 4 240
Yorkshirelass
bm dresses arrived!
Yorkshirelass of Wedding Attire, 24 of May of 2022 at 12:34

A few people have been asking about JJs House and I said I would post when my BM dresses from them arrived. I ordered 5 dresses in total for 4 junior BMs aged 8, 10, 12 and 14 and I also ordered one...

Michelle, tuesday 24-May-22 3 248
Yorkshirelass
My dress arrived!!
Yorkshirelass of Wedding Attire, 26 of April of 2022 at 17:16

Ok so have a bit of a double chin in this pic 🤣but so happy with my dress, it was actually too big. I am sharing as can’t tell anyone else except my mum and sister!

Rhian, wednesday 4-May-22 15 313 1
Yorkshirelass
Wedding stationary
Yorkshirelass of Planning, 18 of April of 2022 at 13:57

Hi all, what have you done about orders of service and menu cards? I’ve not done anything yet and we are coming up to 3 months so thought I ought to get sorted. We are getting married in a museum...

Ajx, monday 25-Apr-22 4 148
Yorkshirelass
Bridesmaids before or after the bride?
Yorkshirelass of Planning, 5 of April of 2022 at 15:20

Just wondered what your plans are ladies and gents? I know in the UK the BMs follow the bride as traditionally they were behind her to carry the train in the old days. However I've watched so much Say...

Bliss, saturday 9-Apr-22 15 373
Yorkshirelass
bm dresses and mens ties
Yorkshirelass of Wedding Attire, 27 of March of 2022 at 10:15

So we have decided on these dresses for my 4 junior BMs and blue is the accent colour throughout the wedding. Yesterday we bought the suits for my dad and my fiancé and they have a lovely stripe of...

Michelle, sunday 27-Mar-22 3 91
Yorkshirelass
Printing of signs and seating plan
Yorkshirelass of Planning, 27 of February of 2022 at 11:38

Hello all. We get married this July and have done most of planning. Just need to nag fiancé about suits and rings and we are mainly done! But I have been thinking about a couple of things with regard...

Agrohimiyo, saturday 5-Mar-22 5 254 1
Yorkshirelass
Civil ceremonies
Yorkshirelass of Etiquette and Advice, 13 of February of 2022 at 15:46

Hi all, can someone advise how long it takes for a civil ceremony? We are not getting married in church and haven’t yet had much information about length of service or what songs/readings we need....

Eleanor, monday 14-Feb-22 2 106
Yorkshirelass
Jj's House
Yorkshirelass of Planning, 3 of March of 2021 at 16:46

Hello all Has anyone used this website for bridesmaid dresses? I have looked at quite a few of their dresses and the reviews are excellent but wasn't sure what to believe! It is all mail order though...

Yorkshirelass, wednesday 2-Feb-22 11 819
Yorkshirelass
Top Table
Yorkshirelass of Etiquette and Advice, 28 of January of 2022 at 11:28

So I started discussing the top table with my mum and fiancé the other week. Wish I hadn't started! The traditional set up of parents plus MOH and Best Man won't really work for us because my fiancé...

Yorkshirelass, tuesday 1-Feb-22 7 288
Yorkshirelass
Ordered shoes!!
Yorkshirelass of Wedding Attire, 21 of January of 2022 at 11:41

Not really needing advice but just wanted to share as obv I can’t tell or show my other half! This keeping stuff a secret is hard. Anyway I have gone for a vintage theme and my dress is tea length...

Yorkshirelass, saturday 22-Jan-22 13 230 1
Yorkshirelass
dj costs
Yorkshirelass of Planning, 5 of March of 2021 at 10:16

Hi all What quotes have you all received for wedding DJs please? We are looking at a set up from 5pm and finish at midnight on a Sat night in July 2022. We have approached one person who was highly...

Yorkshirelass, wednesday 15-Dec-21 5 297
Yorkshirelass
Evening Wedding Shoes
Yorkshirelass of Planning, 6 of May of 2021 at 13:47

Just wanted to share my Wedding Converse which arrived today! I am very pleased with them! I got the idea from this site, there are also white satin ribbon laces so I will probably use those as I...

Yorkshirelass, wednesday 28-Jul-21 12 350 2
Yorkshirelass
Wedding photo albums- To bother or not?
Yorkshirelass of Planning, 11 of March of 2021 at 13:38

Hi all, Doing a bit of research around photographers, bit shocked to see how expensive they are but that's the way these days so I have come round to it now as I know they are providing a service and...

Ben, friday 7-May-21 4 207
Yorkshirelass
Venues and Visits in a Lockdown
Yorkshirelass of Planning, 28 of January of 2021 at 17:12

Has anyone else had trouble with venues wanting you to book without actually setting foot in the place?! We have 5 prospective venues for July 2022 and have only managed to visit one due to lockdown....

Lisab, thursday 4-Feb-21 10 368

General groups

Hitched article topics