Skip to main content

Off Topic Posts

Join Group

Wedding planning is fun but sometimes it's good to take a break! Grab a cup of tea and chat to your fellow forum members about anything and everything that isn't wedding planning related.

22,586
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
B
I am starting to hate my house
, 12 May, 2009 at 13:04

Has anyone else fallen out of love with their house? Our house needed a lot of work doing to it when we bought it and for that reason we got it for a good price, otherwise we could never have afforded...

Marco, yesterday at 22:00 19 1,048
NeoShoegal
SEO's
NeoShoegal, 3 April, 2008 at 16:01

I often get emails for Search Engine Optimisation. Today I got one that actually claims to already have had a look at my site "I came across www.everaftervideos.co.uk today while looking for a website...

Muhammad, yesterday at 20:37 52 646
C
Girlie calendars in the workplace AIBU
Carrot, 20 October, 2008 at 21:00

I spotted 2 topless calendars in the workshop today- one from 2007 so obviously just kept for the pretty pictures. Now I personally couldn't care less about seeing page 3 models or whatever, plus the...

Nisha, yesterday at 19:00 21 1,755
Sunset21
House movers with no savings...
Sunset21, 8 April, 2009 at 21:06

I'm back on the subject I was on yesterday, moving fees. We have zero savings so would have to borrow the extra for moving fees. But, the money would be added on to the mortgage amount which we...

Stephen, yesterday at 16:54 16 1,184
JJ
Photographer
JJ, 10 July, 2026 at 13:46

Looking for a photographer at a decent budget .

Metka, yesterday at 16:52 25 141
H
Locate my videographer Help!
Hayley, 27 September, 2025 at 04:57

I got married in August 2017 at cave castle hull and I need to locate my videographer we’ve lost our dvd and I don’t remember his name! He travelled to us I think from Liverpool area and the company...

Emmaa, yesterday at 12:12 43 336
anjumanji
Do you have conservatory roof blinds? Recommendations please.
anjumanji, 28 May, 2009 at 09:45

We had a lean-to conservatory extension built a couple of years ago. It's great for the extra space, but it becomes unusable in the summer. In fact it gets so hot in there, it ends up heating up the...

Owan, yesterday at 11:12 30 8,346
Ali_G
Boohoo.com Standard Delivery
Ali_G, 10 June, 2014 at 11:31

What are the chances of me getting my order on Friday?... it says 3-5 working days. Friday would be 3 working days. It's cutting it a bit fine isn't it? Does anyone know how they deliver? Do they use...

Emmaa, yesterday at 10:49 29 10,918
Cazpot88
Food
Cazpot88, 14 August, 2025 at 13:15

Hi beauts, not messaged on here for a while. Our weddings only 8 days away week! Just a quick question for you all. When would be the best time to open our buffet? Our ceremony is a 3pm in our local...

UPFR, yesterday at 10:14 97 606 1
D
What Wedding Planning App Features Are Actually Useful?
Drako, 11 July, 2026 at 00:30

Hi everyone, I have been looking at different wedding-planning tools and noticed that many of them include guest lists, budget tracking, venue notes, seating plans, and countdown features. For those...

Dex, yesterday at 09:09 72 666 8
South
Taxi Services for Special Events
South, 28 April, 2025 at 03:41

Special events often require careful planning, and transportation is a significant part of that. Whether it's a wedding, corporate event, or a night out with friends, South Ribble Taxis can provide...

Enwatt, yesterday at 07:39 898 4,900
H
how the hell do I stop smoking?
HeavyMetalMaiden, 24 July, 2014 at 12:19

Ok, I have been puffing away for about 10 years (I am only 24), and I have had a guts full. I only smoke about 10 rollies a day, but obviously I am sick of everything that comes with it. I am sick of...

Andrize, tuesday 29-Sep-26 24 1,031
Consuela Banana Hammock
Blocked drains - has anyone used Dyno-Rod or similar?
Consuela Banana Hammock, 12 January, 2009 at 15:22

We live in a Victorian end-terrace with one drain which handles all our wastewater - our bathroom/kitchen and roof/rainwater and it's blocked. We think it blocked over Christmas because it sounded a...

Stephen, tuesday 29-Sep-26 16 6,230
HeidiHole
What colour shall I paint my hallway?
HeidiHole, 8 September, 2008 at 10:48

We've just decorated our sitting room and next weekend Mr Hole wants to do the hallway. I am all out of inspiration, looking at all the colour charts online has made me colour blind. It's quite a big...

Stephen, tuesday 29-Sep-26 24 27,915
L
converting back garden to parking space - building regs?
LittlePeanut, 30 August, 2009 at 12:39

Hi, we live on a corner plot and have a small garage at the back of the house BUT no dropped kerb to it and a lamp post almost in front of it (!). We know we could pay to get the kerb dropped and even...

Elinamichael56, tuesday 29-Sep-26 23 27,864
C
What colours best with Jaundice?
Chedi, 24 February, 2013 at 12:18

My FMIL is quite ill at the moment and going through tests to find out what it is. Current thought by docs it gall stones which we should find out if its right this week. She's got really bad jaundice...

Gizmochina, tuesday 29-Sep-26 8 2,465
Vera
Funeral Etiquette (Sens)
Vera, 25 September, 2008 at 16:38

**SENSITIVE** Hi, my neighbour's beautiful little 6 month old baby sadly passed away on Sunday. She was not well and was never going to be 'normal'. They have not been at the house this week as...

Maria, tuesday 29-Sep-26 12 4,656
Clairy
do you tip your cleaner at Christmas?
Clairy, 16 December, 2008 at 15:21

Argh, I hate this sort of thing. We use an agency, but always have the same girl and she's lovely. We've even met her family and they're all lovely. I don't know her well enough to call her a friend,...

Jon, tuesday 29-Sep-26 14 4,827
Knownowt
Silly sports day ideas
Knownowt, 23 September, 2008 at 15:08

I need to think of a number of events for a silly sports day- participants being 12 unfit blokes, 6 women and (where possible) about 6 toddlers/young children. So far on the list I have: three-legged...

Calculadora, tuesday 29-Sep-26 47 50,624
C
Wedding format
Carlos, 27 April, 2025 at 16:21

We are faced with a choice: what wedding format to choose - a traditional one with a large number of guests or a more intimate celebration with the closest people? What, in your opinion, is more...

Alamgeer, monday 28-Sep-26 46 349
Ali_G
'New Home' hamper ideas
Ali_G, 10 July, 2014 at 11:05

My bestie is moving into her own place on Saturday, and I want to put together a hamper of useful food stuff so I need ideas! Any suggestions?

Stephen, monday 28-Sep-26 27 7,107
Mrs Vineweevil
I need a can't fail cookie recepie please......
Mrs Vineweevil, 8 October, 2008 at 13:28

I must learn not to burn my cookie attempts in my fan oven, but even those unburnt one's aren't always that great, any suggestions???

Harry, monday 28-Sep-26 17 2,026
sherry
Heavier partners - bed question?
sherry, 27 June, 2008 at 10:40

Wasnt sure how to phrase this without seeming rude, but it's not meant to be. Does anyone have any experience of a silentnight bed? or any other bed for that matter? My partner is larger than I am....

Mr Alex, monday 28-Sep-26 12 1,043
F
People unable to access wedding website
Francesca, 11 June, 2024 at 21:49

Hi, we have sent links to our website to our guests, but some are having trouble accessing it. The links we sent don't work for some people and it says 'access denied.' Some people can't even access...

Jane, monday 28-Sep-26 12 310 1
T
silly? im scared! re: maldives
Tongi, 7 July, 2008 at 08:32

As you know im planning my trip to Maldives. Its a life long ambition to go there and witness the beauty of the ocean, atols and tropical beaches. Dont laugh! im slowly getting over a life long...

Jelly, monday 28-Sep-26 33 1,936
NeoShoegal
utility bills as prove of identity (rant)
NeoShoegal, 1 April, 2009 at 14:30

This is something I've never managed to understand in this country. It's totally ridiculous. I don't have a single utility bill that arrives in my name, they are all in MrNeo's name and half of those...

Webresourcehub, monday 28-Sep-26 23 18,224
WelshTotty
Giving feedback on house viewings without feeling guilty
WelshTotty, 22 June, 2009 at 12:30

I feel is a difficult thing to do.... We viewed 3 houses on Saturday, all 3 ticked the boxes. First one was the style we want, was on a street we love, had a decent sized garden, a lovely big garage...

Rose, monday 28-Sep-26 19 5,761
O
Hobbies
Odessa, 18 September, 2023 at 18:08

What are ur some good hobbies u can recommend? Really interested about what others do

Slava, sunday 27-Sep-26 66 551 1
Loopy
What's the CSE/O Level equivalent to A-C GCSE
Loopy, 10 February, 2009 at 13:44

Scuse the spelling. Hubby is applying for a job which asks for GCSC A-C maths and english - what is the equivalent in old money - o level/CSE? He's 41 and GCSCs came in in 1988 so after he left...

Marklee, sunday 27-Sep-26 17 26,005
O
Window repair in an old house
Olivia, 27 September, 2023 at 08:36

Hi all! My parents gave me a wedding gift. This is our family house in a small cozy town. This is a great place. My grandfather built this house and my husband and I want to live there. but first we...

Patti, sunday 27-Sep-26 90 1,238
Hubble
removing security tags from clothes...
Hubble, 14 June, 2008 at 12:36

H bought some clothes for Fin in london this week but when we upacked the bag, a magnetic security tag has been left in a pair of trousers.... There isn't a branch of that shop here in the channel...

Rose, sunday 27-Sep-26 8 5,913
AnnaBanana
dessert to go with paella
AnnaBanana, 12 March, 2009 at 12:37

Its my dad's birthday tomorrow and im making my kick @ss paella ? would like to make something quite light for dessert. I have a nice t&t recipe for a passion fruit mousse but i'd like to try...

Rose, sunday 27-Sep-26 15 8,938

General groups

Hitched article topics