Planning
Join GroupGet wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.
members
Discussions
We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...
We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Hi everyone... this is my first post and I'm just wondering how realistic it is that I'll find a dress i LOVE with only a small budget? I have budgeted £1000 for a dress and realistically I can't...
I'm looking for simple and fun games to pass the evening and cheer myself up.
Hey folks, I'm starting to look for my dress, and as much as I love some of the ones I've seen online I cannot for the life of me bring myself to pay ££££ for a dress I will wear once (and maybe a few...
Photographers - how do you know that they are good and that your not going to get ripped off with a rubbish one?
We're having a family get together the day before our wedding. Most of our families have never met because mine live abroad. We're getting together in the afternoon for afternoon tea and I was...
Hi there, looking for some advice re hiring chairs, tables, linens and crockery/cutlery etc for my wedding on 01/10/11. We're doing a DIY reception at a lovely village hall, and looking to be able to...
Am I totally and utterly mental?!!! I'm thinking of going without the bouquet... I have seen a number of ideas for alternatives, but I'm just not sure I really want anything at all... My only...
I'm sure this topic has been done to death but, what was the worst speech you've ever heard? (In a nutshell, that is!) Speaker: Best Man What was so awful: He mentioned the groom's ex girlfriend, in a...
We are having an indoor/outdoor reception and I need some inspo for reception entertainment. We already have a digital Photo Booth and dancing set up. I’m waiting on rates for a silhouette artist, as...
I'm going to put together a photobook, with blank pages, of images from our pre wedding shoot for our guest book. I know some of you have done similar things. How many blank pages for writing on do...
Hi All, it seems 99.9% of venues that have a banqueting style approach to the meal want guests to have the same starter, same main etc etc, which can make for difficult decisions when it comes to...
Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...
Hi, can anyone reccomend anywhere for a twilight wedding please? Struggling to find many places that do them. Thanks so much in advance
Hi Everyone, First of all, congratulations to all the brides to be and of course those already married who are reading this. Not sure where to put this question up but I guess here is as good as any....
I have pretty sensitive skin, so during the day i just use a simple mineral foundation. The only issue is it doesn't last all day, and I'm after a foundation that will require as little touch up as...
After going to a black tie "do" for work last night the table centre pieces had coloured water in the vases and I quite liked it. Our centrepieces are artificial flowers in vases so it doesn't matter...
Can anyone give me some advice with the wedding guest list. I am closer to some cousins than others..plus they have kids. Do I invite some cousins and not all? Don't want to upset anyone!
My father has recently thought of a fantastic idea to stream weddings on the internet live to guests who can't be there. It wouldn't be avaliable for any one to watch as the link would be password...
Hi Everyone We recently went to veiw Berrow Court in Edgbaston/Birmingham and really love the venue itself, but have notcied the is quite a few bad reviews on the place and have been told by a friend...
Hi All, Just looking for some entertainment ideas for our guests during welcome drinks/photos and perhaps our wedding breakfast. Desperate bride looking for help and inspiration. TIAZoë ☺️
Hi I've recently set up our website, I'm trying to understand how to send electronic invites and if I can customise them . I can see how you add names to the guest list and it provides a generic...
Hi, my fiance and i are divided over entertainment. Our wedding is max 30 people in a small intimate venue. Do you think a DJ would be best or the other option is having a fun casino with croupiers,...
Can anyone suggest some summer colour schemes? (all photos welcome)
I'm not getting married until September next year, but our photographers have asked us to get a rough schedule to them asap. We're having a midday ceremony, which will be approx. 1 hour, then were...
Hi everyone, I’m Bethany and I’m just starting out in iPhone wedding content creation and would love to offer my services for free for couples getting married this year in the North...
Hi all, Iv bought some led lights (the ones you use for bottles) but I’m stuck of what to do with them…. My Center piece is an led rose battery powered light with candles (battery operated) and a bud...
Hi, I was just wondering how people have worked out numbers for their evening buffet? I still havent recieved alot of rsvp's for the evening, do you under cater, or over cater, and by how much? We...
How do I add a time into evening invitations
Hi everyone! Me and my partner are looking to do a small wedding on a budget. Inviting close family and friends only (40-70 at a push) I'm not really sure where to start though or what's best, so if...