Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

38,682
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Buzdar, monday 28-Sep-26 64 1,048 11
KEG
How to work out numbers for an evening buffet.. Help please.!
KEG, 21 January, 2009 at 15:34

Hi, I was just wondering how people have worked out numbers for their evening buffet? I still havent recieved alot of rsvp's for the evening, do you under cater, or over cater, and by how much? We...

Emily, 52 seconds ago 38 15,073 1
Kirsty
Cars
Kirsty, 15 February, 2025 at 21:42

Do we are getting married in a church and then off to a big house for wedding reception. However they are both on the same estate! We are both getting ready at the site so no need for pickups....

London, 38 minutes ago 33 322
S
Crete Wedding Renewal/blessing
SunnyYellowHair243, 8 August, 2024 at 16:34

Hello you lovely lot I’m wondering if you could help please!? We are looking to have a blessing/renew our vows for our 10 year anniversary and Crete has really taken our eye. We’re planning to elope...

James, 54 minutes ago 17 69
B
Football themed wedding - help!!!!
bradsheridan, 13 July, 2009 at 21:59

Hi everyone! I'm due to marry my football mad fiance on 17th July 2010, the colour theme is based on his football team (black and white), we're having a half time penalty shoot out ( between the...

Abdul, an hour ago 54 15,747
Rebecca
Videographer
Rebecca, 19 July, 2026 at 00:01

We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Dex, an hour ago 67 718 3
smilesjp
Best Foundation?
smilesjp, 9 July, 2014 at 17:02

I have pretty sensitive skin, so during the day i just use a simple mineral foundation. The only issue is it doesn't last all day, and I'm after a foundation that will require as little touch up as...

Ayesha, 3 hours ago 64 2,964
Megan
When to order the cake
Megan, 2 July, 2026 at 18:30

We’re thinking of getting an M&S or Waitrose cake for the wedding, it’s not until sept 2027, but I’m wondering at what point next year to order!

Jonson, 4 hours ago 13 96
rubyfirecracker
HELP - Vinyl Record Label Template
rubyfirecracker, 9 November, 2012 at 19:09

I am looking for a template in word or publisher to make our own custom 7" single record labels (poss table centres). Any ideas?

Tamima, 4 hours ago 14 10,192
Kristina
Regretting my made of honour choice
Kristina, 21 August, 2024 at 11:26

Hello everyone , This is a very difficult one . I've only got my maid of honour and 1 bridesmaid. My maid of honour has been a friend to me for 12 years . The problem I have now , we went wedding...

Mohsin, 4 hours ago 8 236
2013_Bride_
Those handwriting invitation names...
2013_Bride_, 29 January, 2013 at 13:15

Are you doing it yourself? Or have you asked someone who can do 'posh' handwriting? My mum suggested one of her friends as they can do that special type of writing, but I just think what a palavour?...

Sophia, 5 hours ago 40 2,224
mummymrs2b
Hen party? What are you doing?
mummymrs2b, 13 February, 2012 at 12:20

Just wondering what everyone is doing for their hen do? I did think about going abroad for a chilled weekend, but not sure people would want to so thinking maybe Liverpool? After inspiration and ideas...

James, 5 hours ago 49 9,025
rainbowbride
wedding venue - Leez Priory
rainbowbride, 18 August, 2012 at 10:43

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and to the whole wedding planning. we have recently viewed Leez Priory and thought it was amazing, i could see myself getting married there and having a perfect day,...

Mohsin, 5 hours ago 34 8,929
R
Blessing after wedding abroad??
RossRoxx, 13 February, 2014 at 21:25

Hey everyone, Just wondering if anyone has had a blessing back in the UK after a wedding abroad? Me and my fiancé are wanting to fly off to Hawaii, just us two, have a small beach wedding alone and...

Char, 6 hours ago 33 11,426
boogiebelle
Postage costs...is a first class stamp enough...
boogiebelle, 14 April, 2009 at 16:01

The invitations weigh between 25-30g Is a first class stamp enough for them? Looked at this site - and I read it that you can have up to 100g covered by a first class stamp. Am I right or reading it...

Carson, 6 hours ago 6 2,013
R
Videographer or not to videographer
Rosie, 28 January, 2025 at 17:46

We are getting married in an amazing venue next year, but can't decide whether photos will be enough to truly capture the day. Would be great to hear the pros and cons of getting a videographer? Do...

Theodore, 7 hours ago 14 428
Charlotte
No Bridesmaids but groomsmen?
Charlotte, 11 August, 2025 at 15:43

Hey, we have just booked our October 2026 wedding and noticed I have literally not one bridesmaids but we have groomsmen. Is it weird to have this. I feel we would look of balanced and it’s a bit sad...

Keon, 7 hours ago 21 264
J
DIY Wedding - show off your makes
Jade the Bride, 28 March, 2015 at 21:01

Is anyone else making a lot of things for their wedding? I have a list as long as my arm, but I am really excited as I am a crafter anyway so the excuse is fab. Sorry if here is already a topic for...

Gareth, 7 hours ago 13 2,483 1
S
Catholic Service - no mass
suitably sparkley, 29 April, 2008 at 10:53

Is anyone having a Catholic Wedding without Mass? If so can I ask to see what your order of service is like? My OH isn't Catholic and my priest has suggested we have the wedding wihtout mass, but I've...

Evelyn, 8 hours ago 7 5,359
Elliefunt
Newborn baby and wedding
Elliefunt, 15 June, 2015 at 21:58

Hi...so a couple of months ago DP and I were chatting about our wedding (in ten months time) and said that now would be really bad timing to have a baby. Not sure what made us have that conversation...

Gareth, 8 hours ago 11 7,697
A
Bridesmaids? Ushers?
Amnesia180, 1 March, 2011 at 09:18

Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...

Work, 8 hours ago 12 3,297
Mrs-S-to-b
Hen party situation - please help!
Mrs-S-to-b, 3 June, 2010 at 09:03

Hello Girls! Just wondered if the girls in the know would be abel to help me out with my best friends hen do! Its her hen night tomorrow night and as her cheif bridesmaid I was left in charge of...

Willium, 9 hours ago 20 4,011
Ben
I'm looking for simple and fun games
Ben, 25 October, 2025 at 18:26

I'm looking for simple and fun games to pass the evening and cheer myself up.

Astutebetaserver, 9 hours ago 321 3,254 8
Caroline
Electronic Invites
Caroline, 9 April, 2025 at 17:28

Hi I've recently set up our website, I'm trying to understand how to send electronic invites and if I can customise them . I can see how you add names to the guest list and it provides a generic...

Ayesha, 10 hours ago 22 175 1
Red Baroness
Guest Books - How Many Pages?
Red Baroness, 29 May, 2012 at 14:10

I'm going to put together a photobook, with blank pages, of images from our pre wedding shoot for our guest book. I know some of you have done similar things. How many blank pages for writing on do...

Emma, yesterday at 23:47 17 894
K
Tiny Wedding Ideas?
Katy, 20 February, 2026 at 13:38

So my partner and I aren't wanting a traditional or big wedding, in fact with us included our entire guest list is a total of 12 people (plus maybe a few friends in the evening potentially, no more...

Vice, yesterday at 23:35 63 739 6
C
Panic mode
Chloe, 27 December, 2025 at 23:30

Hi everyone! I’m getting married in April 2026 and worried that there’s something I’m forgetting about. We’ve got all the main things booked.. is there anything anyone could advise that we may not...

Simon, yesterday at 21:46 14 116
Faye
The real figure
Faye, 12 July, 2026 at 17:13

Can someone please tell me why venues do this? They say for example of venue tyre is 11,000 and then they don’t disclose what else you have to add to that mandatory and it’s very frustrating when you...

fernandiz, yesterday at 18:42 21 235
Elle
Venue issues
Elle, 13 July, 2026 at 11:36

I’m really struggling with a venue. I found the venue of my dreams and they have out date available. I can not get ahold of them to put down our deposit. I’m worried they have gone cold on me! Any...

fernandiz, yesterday at 18:38 40 528 4
kharv
Childminder at wedding
kharv, 14 August, 2011 at 23:52

I'm looking to hire a childminder for my wedding as I have a lot of kids coming - does anyone have any idea how much I would be likely to pay for this? I'm having about 18 kids aged from 3 to 12 and...

Sanchizes, yesterday at 18:18 14 7,105
Robby
How to save money
Robby, 4 December, 2024 at 22:30

Where can I save money on, what do people never remember from a wedding that I don't need to put too much thought into?

Jimi, yesterday at 18:08 42 462
M
Feed the photographer?!!!
monkeynutter, 19 January, 2013 at 15:46

We are likely to book a photographer for the whole wedding day, we are having a sit down meal and then a buffet in the evening. Would the photographer expect to have their own meal? A wedding we went...

Sanchizes, yesterday at 18:07 30 3,080

General groups

Hitched article topics