Skip to main content

Off Topic Posts

Join Group

Wedding planning is fun but sometimes it's good to take a break! Grab a cup of tea and chat to your fellow forum members about anything and everything that isn't wedding planning related.

22,289
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
B
I am starting to hate my house
, 12 May, 2009 at 13:04

Has anyone else fallen out of love with their house? Our house needed a lot of work doing to it when we bought it and for that reason we got it for a good price, otherwise we could never have afforded...

Charles, an hour ago 18 1,045
H
how the hell do I stop smoking?
HeavyMetalMaiden, 24 July, 2014 at 12:19

Ok, I have been puffing away for about 10 years (I am only 24), and I have had a guts full. I only smoke about 10 rollies a day, but obviously I am sick of everything that comes with it. I am sick of...

Andrize, 3 hours ago 24 1,031
Consuela Banana Hammock
Blocked drains - has anyone used Dyno-Rod or similar?
Consuela Banana Hammock, 12 January, 2009 at 15:22

We live in a Victorian end-terrace with one drain which handles all our wastewater - our bathroom/kitchen and roof/rainwater and it's blocked. We think it blocked over Christmas because it sounded a...

Stephen, 4 hours ago 16 6,230
JJ
Photographer
JJ, 10 July, 2026 at 13:46

Looking for a photographer at a decent budget .

Stepan, 5 hours ago 23 130
South
Taxi Services for Special Events
South, 28 April, 2025 at 03:41

Special events often require careful planning, and transportation is a significant part of that. Whether it's a wedding, corporate event, or a night out with friends, South Ribble Taxis can provide...

Satzduc, 6 hours ago 897 4,886
HeidiHole
What colour shall I paint my hallway?
HeidiHole, 8 September, 2008 at 10:48

We've just decorated our sitting room and next weekend Mr Hole wants to do the hallway. I am all out of inspiration, looking at all the colour charts online has made me colour blind. It's quite a big...

Stephen, 6 hours ago 24 27,914
Sunset21
House movers with no savings...
Sunset21, 8 April, 2009 at 21:06

I'm back on the subject I was on yesterday, moving fees. We have zero savings so would have to borrow the extra for moving fees. But, the money would be added on to the mortgage amount which we...

Ukasha, 7 hours ago 15 1,179
L
converting back garden to parking space - building regs?
LittlePeanut, 30 August, 2009 at 12:39

Hi, we live on a corner plot and have a small garage at the back of the house BUT no dropped kerb to it and a lamp post almost in front of it (!). We know we could pay to get the kerb dropped and even...

Elinamichael56, 10 hours ago 23 27,861
C
What colours best with Jaundice?
Chedi, 24 February, 2013 at 12:18

My FMIL is quite ill at the moment and going through tests to find out what it is. Current thought by docs it gall stones which we should find out if its right this week. She's got really bad jaundice...

Gizmochina, 10 hours ago 8 2,465
Vera
Funeral Etiquette (Sens)
Vera, 25 September, 2008 at 16:38

**SENSITIVE** Hi, my neighbour's beautiful little 6 month old baby sadly passed away on Sunday. She was not well and was never going to be 'normal'. They have not been at the house this week as...

Maria, 12 hours ago 12 4,655
D
What Wedding Planning App Features Are Actually Useful?
Drako, 11 July, 2026 at 00:30

Hi everyone, I have been looking at different wedding-planning tools and noticed that many of them include guest lists, budget tracking, venue notes, seating plans, and countdown features. For those...

Hellen, 14 hours ago 71 655 8
Clairy
do you tip your cleaner at Christmas?
Clairy, 16 December, 2008 at 15:21

Argh, I hate this sort of thing. We use an agency, but always have the same girl and she's lovely. We've even met her family and they're all lovely. I don't know her well enough to call her a friend,...

Jon, 15 hours ago 14 4,827
Knownowt
Silly sports day ideas
Knownowt, 23 September, 2008 at 15:08

I need to think of a number of events for a silly sports day- participants being 12 unfit blokes, 6 women and (where possible) about 6 toddlers/young children. So far on the list I have: three-legged...

Calculadora, 17 hours ago 47 50,624
Cazpot88
Food
Cazpot88, 14 August, 2025 at 13:15

Hi beauts, not messaged on here for a while. Our weddings only 8 days away week! Just a quick question for you all. When would be the best time to open our buffet? Our ceremony is a 3pm in our local...

Practice, 17 hours ago 96 602 1
C
Wedding format
Carlos, 27 April, 2025 at 16:21

We are faced with a choice: what wedding format to choose - a traditional one with a large number of guests or a more intimate celebration with the closest people? What, in your opinion, is more...

Alamgeer, yesterday at 20:31 46 348
Ali_G
'New Home' hamper ideas
Ali_G, 10 July, 2014 at 11:05

My bestie is moving into her own place on Saturday, and I want to put together a hamper of useful food stuff so I need ideas! Any suggestions?

Stephen, yesterday at 16:17 27 7,106
Mrs Vineweevil
I need a can't fail cookie recepie please......
Mrs Vineweevil, 8 October, 2008 at 13:28

I must learn not to burn my cookie attempts in my fan oven, but even those unburnt one's aren't always that great, any suggestions???

Harry, yesterday at 14:47 17 2,026
sherry
Heavier partners - bed question?
sherry, 27 June, 2008 at 10:40

Wasnt sure how to phrase this without seeming rude, but it's not meant to be. Does anyone have any experience of a silentnight bed? or any other bed for that matter? My partner is larger than I am....

Mr Alex, yesterday at 13:56 12 1,041
F
People unable to access wedding website
Francesca, 11 June, 2024 at 21:49

Hi, we have sent links to our website to our guests, but some are having trouble accessing it. The links we sent don't work for some people and it says 'access denied.' Some people can't even access...

Jane, yesterday at 10:43 12 308 1
T
silly? im scared! re: maldives
Tongi, 7 July, 2008 at 08:32

As you know im planning my trip to Maldives. Its a life long ambition to go there and witness the beauty of the ocean, atols and tropical beaches. Dont laugh! im slowly getting over a life long...

Jelly, yesterday at 10:06 33 1,936
NeoShoegal
utility bills as prove of identity (rant)
NeoShoegal, 1 April, 2009 at 14:30

This is something I've never managed to understand in this country. It's totally ridiculous. I don't have a single utility bill that arrives in my name, they are all in MrNeo's name and half of those...

Webresourcehub, yesterday at 10:01 23 18,224
WelshTotty
Giving feedback on house viewings without feeling guilty
WelshTotty, 22 June, 2009 at 12:30

I feel is a difficult thing to do.... We viewed 3 houses on Saturday, all 3 ticked the boxes. First one was the style we want, was on a street we love, had a decent sized garden, a lovely big garage...

Rose, yesterday at 07:28 19 5,759
O
Hobbies
Odessa, 18 September, 2023 at 18:08

What are ur some good hobbies u can recommend? Really interested about what others do

Slava, sunday 27-Sep-26 66 550 1
Loopy
What's the CSE/O Level equivalent to A-C GCSE
Loopy, 10 February, 2009 at 13:44

Scuse the spelling. Hubby is applying for a job which asks for GCSC A-C maths and english - what is the equivalent in old money - o level/CSE? He's 41 and GCSCs came in in 1988 so after he left...

Marklee, sunday 27-Sep-26 17 26,004
O
Window repair in an old house
Olivia, 27 September, 2023 at 08:36

Hi all! My parents gave me a wedding gift. This is our family house in a small cozy town. This is a great place. My grandfather built this house and my husband and I want to live there. but first we...

Patti, sunday 27-Sep-26 90 1,237
Hubble
removing security tags from clothes...
Hubble, 14 June, 2008 at 12:36

H bought some clothes for Fin in london this week but when we upacked the bag, a magnetic security tag has been left in a pair of trousers.... There isn't a branch of that shop here in the channel...

Rose, sunday 27-Sep-26 8 5,912
AnnaBanana
dessert to go with paella
AnnaBanana, 12 March, 2009 at 12:37

Its my dad's birthday tomorrow and im making my kick @ss paella ? would like to make something quite light for dessert. I have a nice t&t recipe for a passion fruit mousse but i'd like to try...

Rose, sunday 27-Sep-26 15 8,934
Des
Loading pictures onto the wedding website designs
Des, 24 January, 2026 at 21:15

Hi. Is there any guidance on how to scale pictures to work on the wedding website designs? - I've tried loading various pictures, but I just get the middle bit - they are not that high res, they are...

Rose, sunday 27-Sep-26 45 327 1
P
Reserved a new house. Our buyers pulled out. What would you do? Solicitor help maybe?
Po, 9 July, 2008 at 22:24

If anyone could offer any advice on this I would really appreciate it. We had reserved a new build house on 24th June, our buyers pulled out literally last minute that same day at 4.50pm ( ten mins...

Faiq, saturday 26-Sep-26 15 3,264
S
Postponing due to Groom having cancer treatment
Sallyann, 9 January, 2024 at 14:44

Hi I'm actually mother of the groom. My son has recently been diagnosed with cancer and the treatment and operation, even if it goes to plan, means he won't be fully recovered by the wedding date. His...

Tech, saturday 26-Sep-26 13 620
summer solstice
Leak coming from upstairs in a flat - help what should I do? long sorry!
summer solstice, 30 August, 2008 at 23:44

I live in a ground floor flat - last night when I went to bed I found puddles on my bedroom floor and water dripping from the light fitting in the centre of the ceiling! I went up and spoke to the guy...

Yaseen, saturday 26-Sep-26 28 42,392
bigpants
4th wedding anniversary
bigpants, 8 July, 2008 at 19:40

I'm confused...I've just googled '4th wedding anniversary' and some sites say it's 'linen' some say 'flowers' others say ' fruit'. What did you get hubby for your 4th anniversary?

ShaoorIT, saturday 26-Sep-26 42 3,621

General groups

Hitched article topics