Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,292
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Back, saturday 19-Sep-26 63 1,032 11
Steelgoddess
Is fruit cake a necessity??
Steelgoddess, 4 December, 2009 at 20:35

My Mum is doing my wedding cake and shes under the impression that I HAVE to have fruit cake as some people like it, I bloody hate the stuff, understand not everyone likes chocolate or some people...

Nisar, 3 hours ago 16 2,198
S
Not too riske hen party game ideas
Sparkly, 25 February, 2010 at 20:46

Hi all! Not a regular hitcher here - am usually found on Babytalk. It's my sister's hen party this weekend and as chief BM I guess I am responsible for the event. I was looking for some not too riske...

Verna, yesterday at 21:17 156 34,461
*Pugsley*
Opinions..... How much money to give as a gift at a wedding?
*Pugsley*, 1 July, 2013 at 17:22

Hi all, Just sitting here (wasting time at work) and got me thinking... If you're a guest at a wedding where they request money towards honeymoon etc etc, how much would you give? At recent weddings...

Brad Cage, yesterday at 20:38 82 123,303
R
Help! Wedding cancellation deposit questions
RomanticBrownDecor177, 15 June, 2015 at 22:25

Hi all, i could really use some advice please! I booked and paid for a wedding venue last August to have our ceremony there in June 2016. Our entire correspondence in relation to the booking was via...

Emily, yesterday at 19:51 26 13,443 1
B
Games to play at a Hen Party Weekend??
BrogstarBride, 22 February, 2013 at 12:55

We are going to a Spa for the weekend and I want to play some fun games in the evening and ideas? x

Achu1122, yesterday at 18:51 239 9,284
L
"You may now kiss the bride" - no longer happens??
Little_MrsA2B, 5 April, 2015 at 20:03

Ladies, please help settle a 'discussion' my H2B and I are having... He says at the end of the service the vicar/registrar/etc no longer says "you may kiss the bride". Is this true? I havent been to a...

Sanchizes, yesterday at 18:32 20 9,857
S
Crete Wedding Renewal/blessing
SunnyYellowHair243, 8 August, 2024 at 16:34

Hello you lovely lot I’m wondering if you could help please!? We are looking to have a blessing/renew our vows for our 10 year anniversary and Crete has really taken our eye. We’re planning to elope...

James, yesterday at 18:19 16 66
E
Kids Photo Challenge
easter2010, 13 January, 2010 at 18:52

Hi all I'm getting married this April and have been lurking for absolutely ages and have picked up loads of great ideas etc so thank you! Last year their was a thread on here about an idea to keep...

Sanchizes, yesterday at 18:12 38 3,697
K
Dress deposit?
KJHLee, 30 June, 2015 at 21:18

Hey, I'm about to start looking around and shopping for a dress. I have a very good idea of what I want, and provided it looks good on me, have my heart set on a dress that costs £1295. How much would...

Mohsin, yesterday at 17:01 71 2,571
G
Furniture hire for diy reception
glaelia, 27 September, 2010 at 22:49

Hi there, looking for some advice re hiring chairs, tables, linens and crockery/cutlery etc for my wedding on 01/10/11. We're doing a DIY reception at a lovely village hall, and looking to be able to...

Harry, yesterday at 14:10 237 2,312
J
Invitation Font - boring i know!!....
Jlo84, 22 November, 2011 at 20:54

Hiya, Just tying up my inserts for my pocket fold invites but can't seem to find a good font. Has anyone used or seen a font they thought looked nice on a wedding invite? Many thanks, Jen x

Mr Harry, yesterday at 13:57 11 3,370
G
menu tasting... when should it be done?
Gumibear85, 7 April, 2013 at 09:24

Something that was big on my list was having a nice menu for the wedding breakfast. I want my guests to be able to have a choice of what they eat. So I need to (at some point) go to my venue and do a...

Johnsmith67, yesterday at 11:48 25 3,317
S
Cambridgeshire venues
SunnyOrangeHair87292, 9 January, 2020 at 13:03

Hi all, We’ve been looking for venues based around the Cambridge area, we are West of Cambridge in St Neots. We like the Barn style venues and have found a couple that we like so far. We went to see...

Kidzz, yesterday at 11:29 4 880
Mrs*W*2B
What % are you catering for in the evening?
Mrs*W*2B, 22 December, 2011 at 13:20

We have found a venue that we like, we have been to see it and had a quote for it, we are taking our parents back to look at the venue and discuss the quote...we are having 120 in the day and 150 in...

HGaming, yesterday at 11:28 19 10,523
S
Small Budget Wedding
Sara, 13 December, 2025 at 09:10

Does anyone have any recommendations for an intimate wedding for 50-60 guests maximum, in Wales under £7,000. Thank you x

HGaming, yesterday at 11:24 7 97
E
Hitched Wedding Breakfast Menu
Erin, 7 January, 2026 at 18:26

Does anyone know how to get the food menu options to guests to choose their starter, main and dessert to send back and know who has chosen what? I have done a questionnaire but only tells me the...

HGaming, yesterday at 11:23 3 31
A
Bridesmaids? Ushers?
Amnesia180, 1 March, 2011 at 09:18

Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...

Nik, yesterday at 11:15 8 3,280
Megan
Expectations
Megan, 29 January, 2026 at 07:27

Hi Brides! I’m 2 weeks engaged and aiming to be a 2027 Bride in September, I keep seeing all these other brides on tiktok that have their venues, caterers, dresses ect all booked. I know it’s only...

HGaming, yesterday at 11:13 5 63
J
Wedding Suits
James_12345, 22 January, 2016 at 10:27

First of all, wow, this mens thread is pretty empty! (come on guys! its our wedding day too!) now to the topic at hand, I am choosing my wedding suits, much like the bride gets to choose hers. I...

Michaelfrackowiak, yesterday at 10:26 13 2,293
M
Videographers are too expensive, shall i ask my guests to capture videos throughout the day?
martin011, 15 June, 2023 at 16:01

I would love to have a wedding video but videographers are too expensive. One idea I had was to ask a few key people to capture video on their phones throughout the day. My nephew said he can edit...

Gsmtoolspro, yesterday at 09:13 23 440 1
kizzi10000
Anyone played wedding 'raffle'? Ideas needed
kizzi10000, 25 February, 2016 at 14:40

Thanks to yet another change of plan, as the pub we'd picked to eat and dance in after the ceremony has decided they're not sure they can offer what we want due to noise and space constraints, we've...

sahilverma3, yesterday at 08:43 16 3,441
S
Divorce decree absolute
Sarah, 26 February, 2024 at 16:16

My fiance needs his divorce decree to be provided to the registrar, he has a copy of this decree absolute in digital/pdf format. Will this be acceptable that we simply print it or does it need to come...

Bernatskyi, yesterday at 08:40 17 317
B
reply slips/wedding food choices wording help wanted!
beckyakabetty, 13 September, 2008 at 14:48

I have a menu for the reception and need to tell guests the choices of food available also want to incorporate music requests, reply slip (eg if they are coming or not). Has anyone got any examples...

Raghavtib, yesterday at 07:29 42 3,596
L
Wedding Photo Apps
LuxuriousPurpleHair69883, 9 January, 2018 at 06:13

Has anyone used a photo app for their wedding? I’ve been looking at wedpics, but can you download from the app (i.e. onto my Mac)? and do guests have to take photos through the app itself, or can they...

Salik, yesterday at 03:03 28 7,265 1
H
I want to purchase a Wedding Planner book... Help!
HappyPinkCakes669, 30 September, 2016 at 14:41

Hi everyone, I'm getting married next year and I am just beginning the planning process.... I have no idea where to start! My best friend suggested to get a wedding planner organiser thingy which will...

Alexander, saturday 26-Sep-26 35 3,538
Ellie
Gothic Venue Suggestions
Ellie, 25 November, 2025 at 09:59

By gothic I mean the period not like 'goth', if that makes sense? I'm looking for a venue (anywhere in the UK), that has super pretty gothic architecture and will fit (and ideally house) 60 guests....

Dian, saturday 26-Sep-26 15 174 1
itgirlno1
Hen night games - non-rude (ish!)
itgirlno1, 12 November, 2010 at 16:11

Hello! I've not been on here since before I got married, so firstly apologies for being a part timer... it's my friend's hen night tonight and I've just been told we're supposed to bring games for the...

Olie, saturday 26-Sep-26 54 5,802
B
Order of service and registry office wedding?
, 7 October, 2014 at 22:22

I know you aren't meant to call it that for a registry office wedding! Anyway, are you meant to have one? I wasn't going to bother but my mums just asked me if I'm having one and said it'll be chaos...

Granny, saturday 26-Sep-26 20 9,210
Lucy
Save the date cards
Lucy, 18 June, 2025 at 08:20

Hi everyone! What is the cheapest way to get saved the date cards printed? Unsure how to go about printing my own.. Thank you!

Michal, saturday 26-Sep-26 31 262
S
Serving wedding cake
SunnyGreenConfetti675, 4 November, 2016 at 10:15

I always thought cake got served after the speeches or is it before the first dance? Also not sure on the size of the cake to order? I was going to have it just for the day guests. However now I am...

Adnan, saturday 26-Sep-26 33 3,118
L
Quizzes for Guests? Ideas?
LeicesterBride, 13 June, 2012 at 14:38

Following a 1.5 - 2 hour drinks reception where everyone will be free to mingle as they wish, we've decided to mix people up a bit for the meal. It's not a formal do (hot buffet in village hall) and...

Samuel, saturday 26-Sep-26 18 35,511

General groups

Hitched article topics