Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
G
Church to reception
Gina, Yesterday at 13:19

Hi all, So I get married in August in a church at 15:00, the service lasts for 1 hour, then the photographer will be doing photos outside the church whilst the florist moves the flowers to the...

PhotographybyBillHad, 2 hours ago 2 8
Karen
Small Circle
Karen, 11 of June of 2024 at 16:04

I have a very small circle of friends, and an even smaller family. My other half is the opposite! How do I reassure him its okay? I personally am okay with my number of guests on my side and don't...

RomanticGreenStation, 2 hours ago 3 11
MrsKHbutterfly
Downloading Wedding music - Tom Odell Help
MrsKHbutterfly, 27 of June of 2014 at 22:53

Hi Lovelies, I've noticed in a few posts that a few of you are having Tom Odell's Grow old with me as part of your music. We are also thinking of having this.... but..... I can't find a clean...

MrsKHbutterfly, yesterday at 19:03 59 20,886
E
Grow Old With Me - Tom Odell, does anyone have the clean version of this song?
Emily, Yesterday at 15:15

We are really wanting this song for the registration of the marriage however I can't find a clean version anywhere that doesn't have the lyrics "make me come" in the song! If anyone has an edited...

Emily, yesterday at 15:15 5
*Pugsley*
How shall I send business card size save the date magnets in the post?
*Pugsley*, 27 of January of 2013 at 12:49

Hi My save the dates are business card sized magnets I bought from Vistaprint on one of their freebie offers. We're really happy with how they've turned out as they were a design we uploaded ourselves...

Duncan, yesterday at 12:44 11 1,462
L
Best Wedding Planning Book and Magazine
L Brown, 29 of May of 2024 at 23:44

Hi all, Very recently engaged and am so excited to start planning my dream wedding. Does anyone have any planners and magazine recommendations? Thanks so much!

Katrina, yesterday at 08:02 4 66
M
Barcelona Hen Party - Places to Stay
MoorWedding, 14 of November of 2014 at 13:10

Hello I am planning my hen party for the end of July (2015) in Barcelona. There will be 15 of us, and I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations for places to stay. Looking for somewhere close...

Dental, yesterday at 07:23 10 3,420
Sarah
Is this a good deal?!
Sarah, 2 of June of 2024 at 18:19

I feel like I've looked at every venue within 30 minutes of both sides of our families, I wanted something that wasn't really expensive but nicer than the Rugby Club, I think this venue is a nice...

Sirapey, tuesday 11-Jun-24 3 99
Haley
Help, bridesmaids!
Haley, 11 of June of 2024 at 21:02

Hi, so i have no idea who to choose as my bridesmaids. I know i want 2 or 3 but i moved to UK from NZ 8 years ago and haven't really made any friends in this time. I have 1 friend that lives near by...

Haley, tuesday 11-Jun-24 2
L
Hair and make up
Laura, 24 of May of 2024 at 17:22

Is it better to have 2 suppliers for this. One for make up and one for hair? Or have one that does both? I have 5 bridesmaids to have hair and makeup too. Also, is it usual for bridesmaids to have a...

Katrina, tuesday 11-Jun-24 5 97
A
Charger Plate Hire - Chester / North Wales
Amy, 8 of April of 2024 at 14:26

Hi All - hoping for some suggestions for a company that will hire out charger plates in the North Wales / Chester area. Thank you

Alight, tuesday 11-Jun-24 1 51
H
How can I incorporate cricket into my wedding without it being tacky?
hannahstorey17, 17 of February of 2015 at 14:44

I'm currently planning my wedding which is this summer, set in a barn. It is going to be very classic and chic with lots of white and pastel colours with flowers everywhere. My husband to be is a...

Metveronicas, tuesday 11-Jun-24 5 2,412
Chris
Anyone getting married in Yorkshire this summer?
Chris, 2 of May of 2024 at 09:13

Anyone getting married in Yorkshire over the next couple months ? I'm looking to expand my portfolio so offering full day wedding videography for just Β£200. Please Dm for details or to seem my work...

Jhon, tuesday 11-Jun-24 1 32
F
Has anyone had a dress made bigger?
Future*mrsP, 6 of May of 2015 at 16:38

I bought my dress last year. Bought off the peg. Its a corset back and when i bought it i was fully aware that it was too small, probably by about a size. The shop assistant told me that it would be...

Kihec24, tuesday 11-Jun-24 3 5,589
L
Bridesmaids..
Lauren, 10 of June of 2024 at 20:23

I have chosen my bridesmaids and have made the decision not to include my SIL as part of the bridal team. There has been issues in the past with my SIL and her husband but we have now moved on and can...

Lauren, monday 10-Jun-24 2
L
Wedding website and wedshoots
Lorraine, 24 of May of 2024 at 09:31

Hi Has anyone used Hitchens wedshoots for their guest photos. I’m curious into see how they found the process and if your guests found it easy to us? Or if anyone knows of any other that they can...

Stephen, monday 10-Jun-24 13 216
T
Hair extensions?
thatlassoverthere, 10 of June of 2018 at 17:16

Hi everyone, I'm getting married in Italy this September and want to give some extra length to my shoulder length hair. My hair is quite thick so I'm not worried about volume, but am completely new to...

Lois, sunday 9-Jun-24 5 1,038
J
Does anyone know of a deconsecrated church in South East England?
Jose, 25 of September of 2011 at 23:46

I would like to get married in a church but without the 'religious bits'. Does anyone know of a church in Sussex or Kent that we could hire? thanks for your help J

Michael, saturday 8-Jun-24 6 6,709
C
Printing on gatefold invites
conwc002, 23 of August of 2012 at 10:15

I'm thinking of doing my own invites but I really like gatefold! Just wondering how did you all manage to print on them? X

Victor, friday 7-Jun-24 4 4,536
M
Wedding business advice...
Moonbeam88, 10 of September of 2014 at 13:30

Hi ladies I am currently planning my august 2016 wedding and absolutely love the whole creative side of planning colours, decor, themes and designs! So much so that I have had the wild thought of...

Thomas, friday 7-Jun-24 9 4,639
P
Games for family get together!
PenelopeP, 25 of September of 2008 at 11:22

We're having a family get together the day before our wedding. Most of our families have never met because mine live abroad. We're getting together in the afternoon for afternoon tea and I was...

Carl, friday 7-Jun-24 13 8,791
Abby
Own flower arrangements
Abby, 6 of June of 2024 at 23:40

Hey Has anyone done their own flower arrangements for wedding reception? I’m really in two minds as I would actually love to do it I’m quite a creative person and the thought of spending a few...

Abby, thursday 6-Jun-24 2
Sarah
Wedding venues under 1k
Sarah, 6 of June of 2024 at 22:20

Any recommendations for a venue other than a Registry Office/Town Hall for just the two of us and our little boy.

Sarah, thursday 6-Jun-24 1 6
S
Acceptable travel time
Sam, 20 of May of 2024 at 20:18

Hi! I’m getting married next year and getting married in Norfolk. The venue for the ceremony is 50 mins away from the reception venue… We’ve done this as the place where our reception is special to us...

T S, thursday 6-Jun-24 18 425
Shree
Wedding Planner
Shree, 4 of August of 2023 at 13:58

Wedding Planner: Sometimes called a "director," "coordinator," or-as a bit archaic-"bridal consultant," wedding planners are basically professionals who organize, oversee, and orchestrate a wedding or...

Victor, thursday 6-Jun-24 1 23
T
Photographer Recommendation - Bucks/berks
T S, 6 of June of 2024 at 20:01

http://www.kategrayphotography.com/ Hi brides!! I’m just dropping in to show my amazing photographer some love. She doesn’t have a profile on here that I can find and I’m so thrilled with my wedding...

T S, thursday 6-Jun-24 2
H
Walking down the aisle drama
Honey, 29 of December of 2022 at 18:48

Looking for some unbiased opinions please! I’m not close to my real dad at all. He’s never been there for me emotionally or financially. Despite living 20 minutes away, I only see him around 3 times a...

Ihab, tuesday 4-Jun-24 13 923 1
K
Food
Kayleigh, 4 of December of 2023 at 11:52

I’m getting married and I’ve gone for a two course meal, so we will get a hot dinner and a pudding for after the ceremony . I was going to have a buffet at the night time, but I decided to have a...

Tung, tuesday 4-Jun-24 10 479
Dani
How much do wedding flowers really cost? πŸ’
Dani, 30 of May of 2024 at 11:55

Hey lovely people, Let's dive into the world of wedding flowers! There are a lot of factors that go into your wedding florist quote, so read this article to learn more about why wedding flowers are...

Dani, monday 3-Jun-24 2 105
Romanticorangebridesmaid36953
Staying at the hotel a year before the wedding.
Romanticorangebridesmaid36953, 24 of May of 2024 at 15:32

Heyy all ☺️ Looking for some honest opinions please πŸ™πŸ½ We get married 1st June next year. We chose 1st June as its when we first met (soon to be 6 years ago) it's a real special date for us πŸ₯° This...

RomanticGreenStation, monday 3-Jun-24 3 51
Olive
Politely not inviting family members
Olive, 23 of February of 2024 at 03:30

Hi, I'm getting married in April 2025 and even though I'd always said to my mother that I didn't want family there (apart from her, my dad and brother) she has disregarded this and taken it upon...

Shay, saturday 1-Jun-24 8 207
Hounds
Dogs at weddings
Hounds, 20 of May of 2024 at 14:57

Hello everyone, I was just interested in getting some general advice/opinions regarding dogs at weddings. I recently started my own little business called Hounds of Honour, which is a bespoke wedding...

Nikkimerc, saturday 1-Jun-24 16 261

General groups

Hitched article topics