Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,443
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

3patti, monday 5-Oct-26 66 1,065 11
F
Tipi and running water- any advice?
flaw27, 4 November, 2014 at 12:57

Hello! I'm getting married in September next year, in a field, at a farm, with no running water. I'm starting to regret wanting to have a dry hire, blank canvas wedding- the planning is quite...

Johnnyduardo, yesterday at 22:45 15 2,931
E
Evening entertainment ideas for small wedding
ExpensiveOrangeStationery50284, 1 May, 2018 at 18:22

Help - really need ideas and inspiration Having a small wedding of 22 guests - including 4 children under 10 and a baby in arms Getting married at 4pm followed by a sit down meal in a hotel Thought I...

Zakin, yesterday at 21:14 4 2,200
A
Time to have the evening do?
AngeliB, 5 August, 2009 at 18:41

Im having a church wedding to start at 12.30 pm. it takes 20 minutes in the car to get to the reception venue also. What time should I ask the evening guests to come? I have rang my reception venue...

Zakin, yesterday at 20:43 7 9,162
E
Hitched Wedding Breakfast Menu
Erin, 7 January, 2026 at 18:26

Does anyone know how to get the food menu options to guests to choose their starter, main and dessert to send back and know who has chosen what? I have done a questionnaire but only tells me the...

Zakin, yesterday at 20:20 4 33
L
Re-Arranged Wedding. Alternative Entertainment, Games Ideas
LookingForward2020, 16 July, 2020 at 18:25

Hi Everyone, First of all, congratulations to all the brides to be and of course those already married who are reading this. Not sure where to put this question up but I guess here is as good as any....

Steve, yesterday at 18:36 133 2,275
R
Postpone or cancel?
Rosie, 30 November, 2024 at 21:18

Hello, my fiancé and I were due to get married this year but due to a variety of reasons including financial, family issues and not getting on we postponed to next June. Sadly things are still...

Ridha, yesterday at 17:52 60 1,646 1
Caroline
Electronic Invites
Caroline, 9 April, 2025 at 17:28

Hi I've recently set up our website, I'm trying to understand how to send electronic invites and if I can customise them . I can see how you add names to the guest list and it provides a generic...

Bronted, yesterday at 17:32 25 189 1
Terri
Travel time??
Terri, 20 September, 2023 at 14:57

Hey…. Help… ergh I keep changing my mind about venues. We thought we had one picked out and there’s something about it I’m not sure of, can’t put my finger on what! I figured I’ll know when it’s the...

Usman, yesterday at 17:10 35 379
Rebecca
Videographer
Rebecca, 19 July, 2026 at 00:01

We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Legal, yesterday at 16:34 70 766 3
Charliebob
Expectations Vs. Reality - Selling Wedding Items On..
Charliebob, 8 April, 2016 at 09:22

I just wanted to start a discussion about it and see what other views and opinions other people have. I am not intending to upset anyone, but it's just something I have noticed whilst wedding...

Dash, yesterday at 13:15 13 2,403
N
Sophie's Wedding Dress - Mamma Mia the Movie
Nephelae, 28 October, 2008 at 14:06

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about dresses like the one Sophie wears in the film? I'm pretty sure I don't want a traditional wedding dress and as soon as I saw the dress in the film...

Inat, yesterday at 12:14 37 45,847
porkchop
Changing name on driving licence
porkchop, 4 October, 2012 at 14:44

Now I'm an old married I'm trying to sort out all the changing of name stuff! Have tried a search but all questions seems to be about certificates, rather than what I need to know! I'm probably just...

Jack, yesterday at 12:09 71 52,887
B
Favours on the top table
Blinkered, 16 November, 2011 at 22:18

I know this might be a really stupid question, but do you put favours on the top table?!

James, yesterday at 11:34 9 7,567
P
Post ceremony drink
Purpleshoes13, 17 January, 2017 at 18:19

Hello, I'm struggling to decide on what to serve for our post ceremony drinks. We want to have a local beer as one option and a non alcoholic fizzy drink as another, but unsure what to have for our...

Chanchal, yesterday at 10:54 3 589
ajdown
Financial gifts in advance made out to Mr & Mrs... help!
ajdown, 13 July, 2011 at 13:08

We've just received our first wedding gift, a cheque from someone who is unable to come, written out to "Mr and Mrs". Obviously we can't set up a joint account yet because "Mrs" does not yet exist,...

sahilverma3, yesterday at 10:48 23 7,903
Georgina
Advice and Help
Georgina, 19 May, 2025 at 11:38

I'm getting married in January 2026. I have already got people asking me what can they can get us as a wedding present. However, I would rather money putting into an account to help with a deposit for...

Harry, yesterday at 10:47 21 120
Jordan
Diy- Fun or headache?
Jordan, 16 December, 2025 at 16:36

Has anyone begun any DIY they want to do for their day? There are a few decorations I was considering doing DIY but I also don't want to overdo it. We have a LOT of time before the wedding but I just...

Local, yesterday at 08:42 23 346 2
G
Furniture hire for diy reception
glaelia, 27 September, 2010 at 22:49

Hi there, looking for some advice re hiring chairs, tables, linens and crockery/cutlery etc for my wedding on 01/10/11. We're doing a DIY reception at a lovely village hall, and looking to be able to...

Lilly, yesterday at 08:32 248 2,375
C
Timeline
Charlotte, 25 July, 2025 at 21:39

I'm struggling with our timeline, we are having quite a casual day as the legal ceremony will have already happened. So far I've got this below. Any advice on when you'd do the cake cutting and do...

Zoi, yesterday at 08:07 16 150
C
Maid of Honour Drama
Claire, 13 August, 2025 at 09:15

Hi all, I need some advise on concerns ive have with my maid of honour. She has been my best friend for years and when we got engaged she was straight away saying she cant wait to be involved and...

Naoh, yesterday at 08:02 6 187
Sarah
Vow Renewal / anniversary celebration
Sarah, 6 March, 2024 at 15:34

Hey everyone, I got married 10th June last year and my day didn't go to plan (well my plan) at all. A combination of hair and make up artist stress which led to a very frosty and awkward wedding...

Julie, yesterday at 07:55 14 535
J
Free Videographer (for portfolio)
John, 4 March, 2024 at 13:56

Hi Everyone, New videographer here just looking to try and branch out and obtain some more experience in shooting weddings and producing a nice product for people. I have basic experience in filming...

Harry, yesterday at 07:52 7 143 1
Dani
Do these wedding pros have all the answers? Let’s find out! 👀
Dani, 11 February, 2025 at 10:19

Want to catch the rest of the podcast and more - click below, happy listening! 👇

Evan, yesterday at 07:32 11 45
Mike
Delete/ change web attendees menu
Mike, 19 September, 2024 at 18:18

Hi all, Is there way to change or even set the menu for you invitees? When testing, I go to the attendance page, search a person and when choosing if I am coming or not, there is a menu list with...

Parcon, yesterday at 07:23 13 118
Kelly
Dance floor
Kelly, 23 January, 2026 at 09:25

Hello, I am getting married in May 2026 in West Sussex. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a dance floor hire company. I am ideally looking for a white lit floor. Thank you!

Jack, yesterday at 07:09 28 161
B
The blazing donkey, sandwich, Kent
Becca, 19 August, 2025 at 17:11

Please check reviews on Google, bride sites, and search Richard Martin court cases before you book here Richard promised us the world and took half of the money upfront making us pay the rest monthly,...

Drist029ity, yesterday at 06:33 3 163
Annie
Accessibility for venue
Annie, 22 October, 2025 at 13:18

Hi I have my venue booked in the south west for 2027 given family health my mum will be in a wheelchair, it's not the most accessible venue mainly the outside being stones and there is a ramp but it...

berbas, yesterday at 06:30 17 143
C
Timeline idea
Christine, 2 March, 2025 at 08:16

Hi I’m trying to get a rough timeline together so I can plan do you think I need to change anything or is this ok ?

Alax, yesterday at 06:00 7 198 1
M
Stag do weekend before the wedding?
mkw, 15 June, 2015 at 20:42

My OH mentioned the other day that he is considering having his stag do the weekend before the wedding and asked if I would mind. Assuming they don't shave his head or anything I'm perfectly fine with...

Wafa, yesterday at 05:19 12 1,325
Z
Entertainment ideas
Zoë, 21 November, 2023 at 15:09

Hi All, Just looking for some entertainment ideas for our guests during welcome drinks/photos and perhaps our wedding breakfast. Desperate bride looking for help and inspiration. TIAZoë ☺️

Willium, yesterday at 04:00 48 696 1
RomanticBrownDiamonds829
Money gifts acceptable in Scotland? How do you ask? How much on average?
RomanticBrownDiamonds829, 9 May, 2017 at 00:40

Hello ladies, This question might be strange, I hope not. My fiancé is Scottish and he tells me there it's not customary for family or guests to give money gifts at weddings. In Spain, weddings cost...

SEBT16, yesterday at 01:11 18 6,473

General groups

Hitched article topics