Skip to main content
K
Katherine

Derry, Co Londonderry · From August 2022

Happily married 🎉

12 of August of 2023

308days 23hours
E
What are you main challenges with wedding planning?
Eleanor, 11 of July of 2023 at 17:21

Hi All, I'm wondering what are you having trouble with the most on your current wedding planning journey- money, family, suppliers? What are you trying that's worked/ not worked out so far?

Sarah, wednesday 26-Jul-23 15 1
K
Blue ribbon fishtail hoop
Katherine, 5 of June of 2023 at 16:02

Afternoon ladies. So I had my first dress fitting at the weekend. My seamstress recommended a dress hoop for under the dress. She had one there to try out under my dress and makes such a difference so...

Katherine, monday 5-Jun-23 30
L
Walking down aisle
Lucy, 18 of May of 2023 at 14:19

Hi all, when walking down the aisle which side should the bride walk on? I am UK based. There are so many different wander online. 🙈

Lex, saturday 20-May-23 5
Nicola
Bridal shoes flats or heels?
Nicola, 15 of May of 2023 at 19:52

I really like the idea of wearing some nice flats for my wedding day but my dress is a ball gown and I feel like heels would possibly suit it better. Did anyone else wear flats or heels and regretted...

Katherine, wednesday 17-May-23 6
N
Family member declined rsvp
Nem, 7 of May of 2023 at 16:32

A family member (grandma’s sister) declined the invite as she didn’t like the menu options (the meat options didn’t work for her dietary requirements, so she’d have to have the vegetarian option). We...

Katie, monday 15-May-23 13 1
K
Wedding Dress - Hairband to go with it - Suggestions please 🙏
Katie, 9 of May of 2023 at 19:31

Hi ladies, I have attached a photo of my wedding dress. I think I want a hairband instead of a veil. Can I please ask for suggestions for what would look nice with this dress? Would a pearl hairband...

Michelle, wednesday 10-May-23 8
J
Shoes
Joanna, 24 of March of 2023 at 22:03

I'm looking for inspiration for wedding shoes. I quite like vintage shoes, not too high and looking for comfort. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Geogina, thursday 11-May-23 10
S
Traditional invites! help
Samantha, 5 of April of 2023 at 08:53

Bride 2025, and I know it's a while away but it's came up now and it's caused me so much stress these last two days! My parents have mentioned they want us to do traditional wedding invites. They're...

Ankit, monday 10-Apr-23 10 1
Charlotte
New to wedding planning!
Charlotte, 5 of April of 2023 at 22:12

Hey everyone! I got engaged at the weekend and I'm absolutely buzzing!! I think we are aiming for a Spring 2025 wedding. How quickly do we need to start planning? Including hair, make up etc.......

Katherine, thursday 6-Apr-23 3
Emma
Have you gone over budget?
Emma, 5 of April of 2023 at 13:24

Our budget was about 5k and we are now at 8k (without the honeymoon) haha. Anyone else gone over? Make me feel better! What did you splurge on that you didn't think you would? How much more did you...

Clare, friday 14-Apr-23 9
Charlotte
Veil comb replacement
Charlotte, 31 of March of 2023 at 21:26

I’m looking for some advice please! ❤️ I’ve found a beautiful veil on Vinted but the comb is broken. Does anyone know how easy they are to replace / if it’s expensive to get them replaced? I have no...

Katherine, tuesday 4-Apr-23 3
Jade
Wedding favours?
Jade, 1 of April of 2023 at 18:28

We are undecided on whether to even do wedding favours - I am slightly leaning towards a no, owing to the additional cost (and the fact that no one seems to be bothered about getting one?). Has anyone...

Leanne, sunday 16-Apr-23 22
H
Spray tan help!
Holly, 28 of February of 2023 at 09:15

I am getting married in June and wanted to have a nice glow, nothing too much. But I’m stuck with what salon to go with as most offer Sienna-x spray tan and I can only find one salon who can do St...

Charlotte, tuesday 4-Apr-23 8
C
Wedding invitations
Crystal, 29 of March of 2023 at 13:32

Hi, Where did all of you order your invitations from? Did you order them or make your own? I’ve seen a few decent places through Ebay and Etsy, seems so difficult to decide what’s bestb

Tryptin-205, wednesday 5-Apr-23 23 2
A
Wording for pestering a guest who says they're coming but hasn't Rspv'd?
Anonbride, 30 of March of 2023 at 10:03

I have two friends who seperately keep saying "I know I haven't RSPV'd but I am coming!!!!" and the RSVP date is tomorrow. We do have a "B" list so want to invite others if people can't come, however...

RomanticGreenStation, friday 31-Mar-23 5
Maddison
Guestbook. Are they waste of time?
Maddison, 27 of March of 2023 at 14:32

Hello. I'm due to get married next year and me and my partner are going through ideas for the guestbook. Now we're just about managing to agree on having one however I wanted to have an Audio...

Marie, monday 16-Oct-23 17 1
Estina
Family difference
Estina, 29 of March of 2023 at 22:59

I am soooo frustrated. My Fiancé and I agreed on a rehearsal dinner. We picked the venue and we got the booking through via email. My Fiancé lost his shit because it has 46 people on it. He said why...

Kirsty, tuesday 4-Apr-23 11
J
Bridesmaids Dresses
Jasmine, 18 of March of 2023 at 23:15

Hello! I'm getting married in July 2023 and I've been looking for bridesmaid dresses but struggling to find any reliable sites. Our colour theme is grey, but its about finding the right shade. Can...

Taniel, friday 24-Mar-23 7
Sarah
Rainbow club wedding shoes
Sarah, 13 of March of 2023 at 21:28

Has anyone worn Rainbow club shoes for their wedding or any other occasion? My bridal shop suggested getting shoes from there but worried as I like to try shoes on before buying. If you have had shoes...

Katherine, monday 20-Mar-23 3
Jade
When to send save the dates and invitations
Jade, 1 of March of 2023 at 21:31

I get married in August 2024- the bank holiday weekend. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to when to send out the save the dates and the invitations- as i know people's bank holidays can...

Zudio, tuesday 12-Mar-24 15
Lex
Thankyou cards??
Lex, 23 of February of 2023 at 20:14

Just wondered what the etiquette nowadays is for thankyou cards?! Do all guests get them, day and evening? Did you make a list of what each person gave as a gift? Wedding isn’t till July but I’m...

B2B2023, saturday 20-May-23 5
T
Urgent advice needed on wedding planning/family vacation conflict
TT, 17 of February of 2023 at 16:38

Dear all, I am looking for some urgent advice: we are planning our wedding for late July and it will be a family-planned and run wedding with about 200 guests on my family's property. We have a lot of...

Breakinuk, wednesday 18-Oct-23 4
Emma
Problems with getting our venue to answer any communication.
Emma, 15 of February of 2023 at 08:07

Hi all, our wedding is June this year. We booked it last July, they took our deposit and the events coordinator at the time seemed helpful and sent all the relevant menus etc. to us and told us she...

Lisa, thursday 16-Feb-23 6
L
moh or Bridesmaid
Laura, 22 of August of 2022 at 01:09

I am having only one person in my wedding party, FH is having two best me. But should she be MOH or Bridesmaid? So my wedding party would be only a MOH and no bridesmaids OR just one bridesmaid? What...

Ebony, monday 22-Aug-22 6
K
Wedding dress. what to do
Katherine, 19 of August of 2022 at 13:28

So, i have a dress ordered. almost finished paying off. i was on my own when i went. my bff then came with me to shop so she could see me in my dress. she loved it too. she took a few pics of me in...

Katherine, sunday 21-Aug-22 5
Michelle
Is dress regret normal?
Michelle, 8 of August of 2022 at 10:25

I said yes to the dress this weekend, I was absolutely over the moon... until I saw pictures of me in the dress and suddenly the dread has been creeping in that I've made the wrong decision. The...

Alison, tuesday 8-Nov-22 13
Rozzie
Parents want to pay for wedding but have conditionsof whom i can't invite.
Rozzie, 13 of August of 2022 at 02:34

I'm having a marquee ceremony in my parent's national trust garden. Deposits for the catering and marquee have been paid for and my parents have kindly agreed to pay for everything for the day...

DavidArine, saturday 20-Aug-22 8
G
Cash Bar?
Gracef, 11 of August of 2022 at 21:18

I’m just looking for some advice really. I was chatting to a member of the family about the wedding the other day and mentioned that it’s a cash bar. He was shocked and looked at me horrified and said...

SlimThug, thursday 23-Mar-23 19 2
S
Am i being selfish? Venue drama!
Sophie, 14 of August of 2022 at 04:17

Hi, Im sorry in advance if this isn't in the right place, I just was hoping for some completely independent advice! My partner and I have found our dream wedding venue, but my parents are concerned...

Clay, thursday 1-Sep-22 51
K
Wedding favours
Keri, 18 of August of 2022 at 11:29

Do people still do wedding favours for their guests, I’m not sure if it’s still expected or not?

Michailygp, sunday 21-Aug-22 17

General groups

Hitched article topics