Skip to main content
Valyria
Valyria

Sharpthorne, West Sussex · From June 2023

Pale Victorian ghost child vibe, dark sense of humour, not your average bride type.

🕐 Wedding Countdown...

27 of October of 2026

907days 12hours : 19min
I
Speeches - no best man/bridesmaids
Isabel, 18 of December of 2023 at 15:07

Have just started wedding planning and my partner and I aren’t planning on having bridesmaids/groomsmen. I know my partner is pretty self conscious about this. I’ve suggested that we both invite...

Valyria, friday 29-Dec-23 3
Valyria
Dried Flowers
Valyria, 29 of December of 2023 at 19:14

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone has done dried flowers for their weddings, and if so who you went to for them? I've seen a company called hidden botanics online, but just wanted to see if...

Valyria, friday 29-Dec-23 13
Vanessa
Double-barrelled surname
Vanessa, 12 of October of 2023 at 15:26

Hi everyone, I'm getting married and I'm thinking of having a double-barrelled surname to keep my current surname and also have the surname of my husband to be. My surname is Richter and his surname...

Kirsty, tuesday 2-Jan-24 7
J
Feeling let down by friends
Jessica, 18 of September of 2023 at 13:50

Hello all, Hope you are all well. First time posting! Bit of a longer read. Sorry I got engaged on the 11th of August 2023, was over the moon, taken by surprise, but it was all pretty perfect. Of...

Katrina, friday 29-Dec-23 27 5
J
My perfect wedding venue
Jodie, 29 of November of 2023 at 12:03

Hi I’m struggling to find my perfect venue, I would like something that looks like a Manor House with a marquee but big enough to hold 300 guest I would love to get married outside also

Katrina, sunday 4-Feb-24 19 1
Abigail
Getting Started
Abigail, 1 of December of 2023 at 14:42

Hi! My fiancé and I have been together 6 1/2 years and are only recently engaged. We think it’ll be a few years until we finally have a wedding but would like to be prepared. I know it must sound...

Valyria, saturday 2-Dec-23 1
Jessica
Alternative Wedding Dress
Jessica, 10 of September of 2023 at 19:48

Hello I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where I could go to find a black wedding dress. I don’t want a traditional white wedding & set on the dress being black. Any other...

KATHRYN, thursday 9-Nov-23 15 1
Sarah
Wedding insurance
Sarah, 6 of October of 2023 at 12:37

Hi everyone, We have recently booked our venue for July 2026 I'm struggling to find wedding insurance because of the length of time until the wedding. Has anyone found insurance that covers over 2...

Valyria, monday 6-Nov-23 2
April
Bridesmaid can only come solo to overseas wedding and just for wedding day not welcome party or after party
April, 21 of October of 2023 at 08:38

Am I in my rights to feel upset?

Burtion, wednesday 8-Nov-23 9 2
B
Best man’s fiancé not invited to wedding
Blake, 24 of October of 2023 at 07:58

Hello all. I need some brutally honest opinions. If you were the finance of a best man, but not invited to the said wedding, would you be happy inviting that couple that snubbed you to your own...

Lisa, monday 6-Nov-23 6
C
Selling wedding dress
Chantelle, 30 of September of 2023 at 20:53

Where’s best to sell my wedding dress?

Valyria, monday 6-Nov-23 1
H
Photographer - Lack of communication
Hannah&Andrew, 31 of October of 2023 at 09:21

Hi everyone! After a bit of advice, we are getting married in September 2025 and have booked our photographer. However, we've realised that the photographer lacks communication. We have emailed and...

Sarah, saturday 23-Dec-23 7
P
Venue question- budget related.
Poppy-Florence, 21 of January of 2023 at 08:23

Morning everyone! I hope you don't mind me jumping in with both feet. I want to ask those who have already booked or chosen their venue- is your venue your dream venue? I live in an expensive part of...

Vicky, monday 11-Sep-23 10 1
Charlie
1 room venue decorating
Charlie, 8 of September of 2023 at 12:18

Hi all, I need some help please. My Fiancé and I have booked our reception venue this will be used for our wedding breakfast and our evening celebrations as we hope to get married in a church. The...

SL WaltonJones, tuesday 7-Nov-23 3
L
Table Number
Louise, 8 of September of 2023 at 21:12

Hey everyone! Wondered if you could help! I’ve found these table numbers whilst i was endlessly scrolling instragram and wondered if anyone could tell me what they are are called, it’s a solid wood...

PhotographybyBillHad, friday 8-Sep-23 2
T
Bridesmaid dresses
Tish, 7 of July of 2022 at 13:04

Hi all, Has anyone had experience with buying bridesmaid dresses online? These particular shops, Stacees, Cincinia, Mix Bridal, are overseas and I’ve seen a lot of mixed reviews which is a pain. Our...

Sarah, wednesday 13-Mar-24 7
Kate
Wedding Insurance
Kate, 22 of July of 2023 at 13:31

Having just read an article on this very website, it suggests that wedding insurance is something often overlooked by couples planning. After a very brief look into it, I wasn’t able to find any...

PeatearIss, monday 18-Mar-24 8 2
Chantelle
Lgbtq+ Halloween Wedding!
Chantelle, 8 of August of 2023 at 15:11

Hi Everyone, I'm Chantelle (she/her) & engaged to Kirsty (they/them). We're planning on getting married on Halloween 2026 which feels ages away but I know it's going to fly by so I'm already...

Valyria, monday 14-Aug-23 7
R
Sister in Law Dilema
Romanticgoldconfetti36665, 1 of August of 2023 at 16:22

AITB… okay, so me and my partner have been together for 6 years. We originally were supposed to get engaged 3 years ago but put it off due to his brother cancelling his wedding last minute....

Sophie, sunday 20-Aug-23 11 1
A
Has anyone bought a veil from lovespell bridal full price and how much did it cost?
Adele, 25 of July of 2023 at 10:55

If you havnt , how much have you spent on your wedding veil?

Hectoramuts, thursday 27-Jul-23 1
Valyria
Not having wedding favours
Valyria, 16 of July of 2023 at 20:24

Hi All, Is it unusual to not have wedding favours on the tables for guests? if I am being honest it just seems like an unnecessary expense after everything else we're having to pay out for. We're not...

Sarah, wednesday 26-Jul-23 20
N
Second dress advice
Nick, 18 of July of 2023 at 10:40

Hello, I’m after some advice on wearing a second wedding dress for the dancing in the evening. Has anyone else done this and / or thinking about it? What time do you change? Did you allocate a set...

Bunker, wednesday 26-Jul-23 5
E
Flower girl dress
Emma, 18 of July of 2023 at 01:57

Hi I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions, on where to look for a long sleeve sparkly flower girl dress. I’m not having much luck with my search. Thanks Emma

Emma, tuesday 18-Jul-23 2
Rhian
Do they have to say my surname?
Rhian, 20 of October of 2022 at 12:45

Help me please, past brides or people with wedding knowledge. Without trauma dumping, my surname isn’t my birth name, it was changed when I was a child to a man’s who was my abuser and I cannot wait...

Rhian, monday 25-Sep-23 21
C
Wedding Dress Shops
Claire, 14 of July of 2023 at 20:39

Hi all, probably like most I'm getting into the stages of thinking about gowns, for our wedding as it is split between UK (traditional) and Vegas (anything goes) i am stuck, I would love a black dress...

Dee, monday 7-Aug-23 2
M
Paying for hair and make up
Melissa, 12 of July of 2023 at 09:59

Hey all, I need a bit of advice. I am starting to make my enquiries for hair and make up for myself and my bridal party, 3 adult bridesmaids, 2 junior and mother of the bride. Myself and my partner...

Sarah, thursday 27-Jul-23 9 1
J
Hated hair and make up trial
Jo, 11 of July of 2023 at 22:32

Please help! I had my hair and make up trial the other day and I hated how it looked. I said I wanted to try Hollywood waves or half up half down with a French plait. She tried to do the plait and...

Jo, thursday 21-Sep-23 8
H
Sister having no involvement with the wedding and family are just allowing her?!
Hannah, 14 of July of 2023 at 11:02

Hi all, I would really appreciate your opinion on this! I actually raised similar issues recently but cannot find my discussion from before annoyingly! So I’ll try to keep this short (probably won’t...

Valyria, friday 14-Jul-23 2
S
Wedding morning - getting ready @ Millbridge Court
Sammie, 12 of July of 2023 at 11:41

Our venue doesn't allow you to arrive until 9am and my ceremony is at 1pm which means I'm aiming for the bridal party to be ready by 12pm. There's 7 of us that needs to get ready so I'm worried that 3...

Laura, saturday 15-Jul-23 8
A
Is 2026 too far..
Ayisha, 21 of June of 2023 at 20:04

We got engaged at end of May this year (2023)- I instantly got excited and started looking at venues. At first he said I was rushing & that getting engaged symbolized he would marry me... Not...

Valyria, saturday 24-Jun-23 8

General groups

Hitched article topics