Off Topic Posts
Join GroupWedding planning is fun but sometimes it's good to take a break! Grab a cup of tea and chat to your fellow forum members about anything and everything that isn't wedding planning related.
members
Discussions
I have a really nice one of these banks and really don't want to smash it...but it's got loads of cash in it and I want it for my holdays. I've tried using a nail file to file down the coin slot but...
I picked a design thinking I could change the colour scheme of the flowers but I can't, and now I can't see a way to change the design or start from scratch at all, can anyone help?
Hi, I’m new here, this is my first post. My OH and I have been together just over 2 years and we’ve been talking of getting married in the next year. I’ve been married before, and neither of us want a...
Has anyone who'd have a restaurant called cleaver and wake I'm hoping to celebrate my 28th birthday at that particular location I'm just not sure if the food is any good I would like your opinions it...
**SENSITIVE** Hi, my neighbour's beautiful little 6 month old baby sadly passed away on Sunday. She was not well and was never going to be 'normal'. They have not been at the house this week as...
H's credit card expired in December and the new card never arrived. When he queried it with the bank, he was told that due to a history of late payments, the bank would not be issuing him with a new...
Special events often require careful planning, and transportation is a significant part of that. Whether it's a wedding, corporate event, or a night out with friends, South Ribble Taxis can provide...
I am having a new house built and have been told by Persimmon who are building it that we cannot have laminate flooring as its a new house. We went to a carpet shop yesterday to arrange to get a quote...
I'm going to a friend's house for a "Cocktail Sleepover" tommorrow and I said I'd make Bellini's. I have Prosecco but I know the proper version is made with white peach puree, which I can't get hold...
Hi everyone, I have been looking at different wedding-planning tools and noticed that many of them include guest lists, budget tracking, venue notes, seating plans, and countdown features. For those...
I got married in August 2017 at cave castle hull and I need to locate my videographer we’ve lost our dvd and I don’t remember his name! He travelled to us I think from Liverpool area and the company...
If I was to have one continuous piece of carpet all the way from the top of the landing to the bottom of the stairs - I need 10m of length. However, I only need 1.3m of width. Most carpets come in...
I was nominated by my brother to cook profiteroles for a family meal today. We're meeting and I think/feel trying to impress his new girlfriend. I followed the Gorden Ramsey recipe, placing them on...
Hiya, I wondered if anyone has been through a similar situation and can offer any advice… My sister and mum detest my Aunty due to some family issues a few years ago and have therefore kicked off...
I live in a ground floor flat - last night when I went to bed I found puddles on my bedroom floor and water dripping from the light fitting in the centre of the ceiling! I went up and spoke to the guy...
Hi everyone, My partner and I are planning our wedding for next July and we’ve hit a bit of a discussion point that I’d love your thoughts on. We’re torn about whether to do a “first look” before the...
My wooden windows are in much need of some painting on the exterior. I am going to be getting a few companies out to quote, but just wanted a rough idea of how much people have paid for there windows...
Even though I'm not a 'regular' poster here (more of a lurker with a few hundred posts to my name), I'm still too embarrassed to post this under my usual username. In fact, it's taken me a week or so...
I had a Mirena coil fitted on Wednesday and I have been having some pretty horrible side effects ever since. On Thursday I started suffering with waves of really crippling stomach cramps. They were so...
I feel is a difficult thing to do.... We viewed 3 houses on Saturday, all 3 ticked the boxes. First one was the style we want, was on a street we love, had a decent sized garden, a lovely big garage...
We are faced with a choice: what wedding format to choose - a traditional one with a large number of guests or a more intimate celebration with the closest people? What, in your opinion, is more...
Couldn't think of a better title - sorry! Its my parent's 30th Anniv in July and im planning a surprise lunch and will invite some of their best friends. however most of their long term best friends...
Has anyone else fallen out of love with their house? Our house needed a lot of work doing to it when we bought it and for that reason we got it for a good price, otherwise we could never have afforded...
I often get emails for Search Engine Optimisation. Today I got one that actually claims to already have had a look at my site "I came across www.everaftervideos.co.uk today while looking for a website...
I spotted 2 topless calendars in the workshop today- one from 2007 so obviously just kept for the pretty pictures. Now I personally couldn't care less about seeing page 3 models or whatever, plus the...
I'm back on the subject I was on yesterday, moving fees. We have zero savings so would have to borrow the extra for moving fees. But, the money would be added on to the mortgage amount which we...
We had a lean-to conservatory extension built a couple of years ago. It's great for the extra space, but it becomes unusable in the summer. In fact it gets so hot in there, it ends up heating up the...
What are the chances of me getting my order on Friday?... it says 3-5 working days. Friday would be 3 working days. It's cutting it a bit fine isn't it? Does anyone know how they deliver? Do they use...
Ok, I have been puffing away for about 10 years (I am only 24), and I have had a guts full. I only smoke about 10 rollies a day, but obviously I am sick of everything that comes with it. I am sick of...
We live in a Victorian end-terrace with one drain which handles all our wastewater - our bathroom/kitchen and roof/rainwater and it's blocked. We think it blocked over Christmas because it sounded a...