Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Liz
6 weeks pregnant & Wedding booked
Liz, 7 of March of 2024 at 14:30

Hi 👋 I’m 6 weeks pregnant and have my wedding booked for July next year. The baby will be born around Nov this year. Should I be trying on dresses just now and purchase one or am I best to wait until...

Liz, sunday 10-Mar-24 2 89
ellebob
Shrugs for babies/children
ellebob, 2 of November of 2012 at 08:08

Does anyone know anywhere you can get matching shrugs for babies and young girls? The only one I knew was BHS but they're out of stock. Or failing that, just somewhere you can get ones for babies. I'm...

Jennifer, friday 8-Mar-24 9 3,431
Tracey
rsvp Problem - full name not visible to guest??
Tracey, 6 of February of 2024 at 16:01

Can anyone help?? When the guest responds to the RSVP, they enter tehir name but when Hitched recognises it it displays only their first name and last initial e.g. Amada Jones looks like Amanda J on...

Jenna, thursday 7-Mar-24 3 55 1
Dani
11 Wedding Trends in 2024 🎷
Dani, 7 of March of 2024 at 12:39

Hey Couples! Have you checked out the Hitched Trend Report 2024 yet? If not, you are seriously in for a treat! Think celebrant-led, flowing veils and retro vibes... 👉 FIND OUT THE LATEST WEDDING...

Love these trends! 💜

60%

3 votes

I'm a trendsetter! 😉

20%

1 vote

Why did you choose ""?

Dani, thursday 7-Mar-24 99
M
VW Camper Van Hire Essex
MrsMtobe2016, 28 of August of 2015 at 13:25

Hi, I live in Essex and I'm looking into having a VW camper van as my transport from my home to the wedding venue. It will have me and the whole wedding party in. so 6 people in total. Anyone got any...

Jelly, thursday 7-Mar-24 9 1,029
Kristina
Wedding insurance
Kristina, 29 of February of 2024 at 11:20

Hello ! I looked online and compared some wedding insurance quotes but was wondering if anyone got some recommendations? Thank you!

Laurie, wednesday 6-Mar-24 1 55
B
8 weeks to go *flash*
BearFeb2016, 3 of January of 2016 at 11:04

8 weeks to go, and now Christmas has been packed away I can feel like I can get back into wedding planning! I was a super organised bride and most things were done within the first 2 months of our...

Jennifer, wednesday 6-Mar-24 24 2,370
Katrina
National Wedding Show nec Birmingham on Saturday
Katrina, 29 of February of 2024 at 11:36

Good Morning ladies, Just to make you all aware on Saturday there is a National Wedding Show in Birmingham on Saturday. I am looking forward to attending me and my Mum will be going VIP looking...

Katrina, tuesday 5-Mar-24 12 97
Francesca
App/ website design that can customise invites?
Francesca, 5 of March of 2024 at 08:59

Hi everyone! Hope planning is going well (wish I’d discovered this forum sooner!) We are getting married May next year & starting to think about invitation designs etc. I am thinking quite a...

Francesca, tuesday 5-Mar-24 11
X
Hen do ideas - where to go
xlisa_89x, 1 of June of 2016 at 10:28

Have been looking online on hen do planning websites for ideas - was wondering where people are going or have been before ? It isnt while next year but wanting to plan ahead ideas. Thinking so far of...

Samuel, tuesday 5-Mar-24 11 1,753
lyni
wedding presentation at work
lyni, 14 of October of 2008 at 10:15

Morning all, I've got the above at work this afternoon, and I really don't know what to say other than thank you! Basically someone will give a short speech about me getting married, the pros, etc in...

Lisa, monday 4-Mar-24 16 3,752
Siân
Customising emails to guests
Siân, 3 of March of 2024 at 20:25

Hi, is there anyway of changing the look of the emailed out invitations and RSVPS as they are quite boring looking

Ivana, monday 4-Mar-24 1 15
T
Adding food options after guests have Rsvp'd
Teshene, 4 of March of 2024 at 14:06

Hi, All of our guests have RSVPd already as we lined our wedding website in the save the date's. Does anyone know how we can now add food options for guests to go back into the wedding website and...

Teshene, monday 4-Mar-24 11
J
Free Videographer (for portfolio)
John, 4 of March of 2024 at 13:56

Hi Everyone, New videographer here just looking to try and branch out and obtain some more experience in shooting weddings and producing a nice product for people. I have basic experience in filming...

John, monday 4-Mar-24 24 1
*libby*
How many are coming (or went) on your hen night?
*libby*, 27 of March of 2011 at 11:28

I am sorting out my hen night and I am going to a hotel for one night for a night out and spa the next day. I am also having a meal on the Friday night for the guests that don't fancy or cant make the...

Samantha, monday 4-Mar-24 18 19,695
Ivana
Photographer Experience and Fees
Ivana, 1 of March of 2024 at 15:43

Hi everyone, I’m getting married this year in August in East London and still looking for a photographer. Recently a photographer that has done some makeup and fashion photoshoot collaborations with...

Ivana, friday 1-Mar-24 14
F
Parents not contributing?
Fruityxx, 7 of April of 2015 at 08:30

Hi guys, this is abit awkward but I'd love your views? Are everyone's parents contributing towards their wedding even if it's just a little bit? reason I ask is, me & my partner always intended to...

Agata, friday 1-Mar-24 49 12,424
Brandon
Wedding venue advice
Brandon, 28 of February of 2024 at 15:33

I was wondering if anyone could help clear something up. I'm planning on getting married next year, I want a pagan wedding as I am pagan. I need somewhere outdoors and that's hard to find on here...

Brandon, thursday 29-Feb-24 3 57
Claire
Winter flower girl dresses
Claire, 23 of January of 2024 at 16:58

Help! I'm having a nightmare trying to find a flower girl dress for my wedding in November. All the dresses I've come across have been short sleeved and summery. Where have you guys found your winter...

GraceCha, thursday 29-Feb-24 1 45
M
Rings - what's your engaement ring like and what wedding ring are you having?!
MrsB-to-be, 19 of January of 2013 at 17:33

Went wedding ring shopping today and was certain I was just going to have a plain 2mm platinum band... My ring looks roughly like this... Platinum, 13 diamonds: So today I tried a 'bow tie' wedding...

Luna, thursday 29-Feb-24 28 8,135
Dani
Where did you find the Hitched app? 📱
Dani, 29 of February of 2024 at 12:20

Hey couples! 🔥 We have a couple of burning questions 🔥 How did you come across the Hitched app? If you found us in the app store what did you search? 📱 It doesn't matter if you're team Android or team...

Social Media

40%

4 votes

The App Store

40%

4 votes

Recommendation

0%

0 votes

Other (Let us know below)

10%

1 vote

Why did you choose ""?

Dani, thursday 29-Feb-24 34 1
T
Registrar and when to book
Tianya, 2 of February of 2024 at 15:31

Hello, i am getting married in September 2026. I was just wondering when would i need to book the registrar and how much they are . Any help would be appreciated

Jelly, thursday 29-Feb-24 11 205
S
Divorce decree absolute
Sarah, 26 of February of 2024 at 16:16

My fiance needs his divorce decree to be provided to the registrar, he has a copy of this decree absolute in digital/pdf format. Will this be acceptable that we simply print it or does it need to come...

Jelly, thursday 29-Feb-24 8 69
K
Wedding Ideas
Kyra, 21 of February of 2024 at 22:12

Hello!! Need some advice… Me and my partner are hoping to get married next year ideally May 2025. We’re from Newcastle and don’t want to travel too far. We need a venue which will be fairly reasonable...

Hackbart, wednesday 28-Feb-24 31
S
Deed poll middle name... so confused!
Sarah, 28 of February of 2024 at 17:26

So I found out that my birth certificate doesn't have a middle name down for me, however all my life my parents had said my middle name is Alice had that on passports going back as far as I can...

Sarah, wednesday 28-Feb-24 23
A
Me and my boyfriend
Alice, 27 of February of 2024 at 23:21

Me and my boyfriend are getting married but we want a different wedding, what do we need?

RomanticGreenStation, wednesday 28-Feb-24 1 50
ebarton24
Wedding Gift from Bride to Groom and vice versa
ebarton24, 24 of June of 2013 at 12:17

Is anybody buying a gift for their future other half? I was planning on doing so and told my other half this the other night and he was shocked and didn’t know about this... Some friends did and some...

Caitlyn, wednesday 28-Feb-24 27 50,055
A
Wedding cake
Amy, 23 of February of 2024 at 18:59

What flavour wedding cake are you all going for? We are having a small wedding and it's going to be served as the desert at the wedding breakfast so it can't be different flavoured tiers because the...

Ivana, tuesday 27-Feb-24 4 50
Sammy
Save the Dates
Sammy, 13 of February of 2024 at 14:11

Hey everyone! We are getting married Oct 2025 and I have never planned a party never mind a wedding! We are only having a small wedding (50 day and around 80 evening), and I think majority already...

Stephen, tuesday 27-Feb-24 1 76
Nadia
Bridal shop suggestions
Nadia, 26 of February of 2024 at 21:15

Hi all We're planning on getting married in Sep 2025 and I've just had a quick look online to get a feel of what wedding dresses I like and I think I found some designers I'd really like to try at...

Nadia, monday 26-Feb-24 26
S
Last minute panic about church service
Stephanie, 25 of February of 2024 at 16:52

Hey! I'm getting married 6th april 24. We've got a church service followed by reception in nearby golf club. All going to plan, however the church doesn't have a middle aisle. It has two aisles which...

RomanticGreenStation, monday 26-Feb-24 2 63
Kristina
Wedding invitations
Kristina, 2 of February of 2024 at 17:32

Good evening everyone I noticed a lot of people are doing online invites etc . But I find it so confusing! And i think I am a bit old school ! Paper invites still a thing or online is the way forward...

Amy, monday 26-Feb-24 8 117

General groups

Hitched article topics