AmesLou

Egham, Surrey · From October 2022

Happily married 🎉

28 of October of 2023

203days 16hours
Weddingjuly2023
People inviting their other halves!
Weddingjuly2023, 4 of April of 2023 at 10:44

Hi all, 4 months until our big day in July, things are starting to feel so real and so stressful! We decided to invite cousins to our wedding and only invite their other halves if they are...

Melissa, thursday 13-Apr-23 10
K
Hair and makeup - cost??
Kay, 29 of March of 2023 at 20:56

Hi - I have searched but I couldn't find recent discussions and with the economic crisis I imagine costs have gone up, but I have no idea what is reasonable. I've been quoted around £600 for just the...

Jas, monday 3-Apr-23 13
A
What will you do with lipstick, tissues, phone, plasters etc on the day?
AmesLou, 26 of March of 2023 at 11:21

There doesn't seem to be much point in me getting a bag, as when would I actually hold it? A lot of websites advise giving all your 'essentials' to the bridesmaids, but they'll also have their own...

Anonbride, thursday 30-Mar-23 7 200
Ajx
Catholic wedding songs
Ajx, 8 of March of 2023 at 07:56

Hi guys, We've not had our second meeting with the priest yet so I haven't been able to ask him any proper questions but does anyone know what the rules are around songs in a catholic church? Are we...

Kirsty, thursday 16-Mar-23 5
Sabrina
What to do with engagement ring on the big day?
Sabrina, 28 of February of 2023 at 23:34

Hey hey all 😊 I was wondering if anyone knows what people do with their engagement ring on the wedding day? I plan to wear mine on top of my wedding ring in the future, but not entirely sure how it...

Maxgat, friday 10-Mar-23 9
Kayleigh
October 2023 Brides
Kayleigh, 19 of June of 2022 at 16:37

I'm not sure if there's already threads for this kind of thing but I thought it would be nice for those of us getting married in the same month to chat 🥰

Kayleigh, monday 6-Mar-23 22 3
Kayleigh
Hair and make up trial
Kayleigh, 3 of March of 2023 at 14:54

Hi guys. I did my own hair and make up trial... what do you think? X

Michelle, tuesday 3-Oct-23 11 1
Weddingjuly2023
Bridesmaids and Cleavage
Weddingjuly2023, 3 of March of 2023 at 13:38

Hi all, I wanted your thoughts on the below and whether I'm being unreasonable. I have 10 bridesmaids and I've said them that they can get any dress they like, I'll pay for them but just as long as...

Colleenraxia, saturday 11-Mar-23 6
A
Questions/prep for meeting Dj?
Anonbride, 27 of February of 2023 at 10:17

Our DJ (provided by venue) has just reached out to us to have a planning call - anything we should be thinking about or making sure to ask? So far we've been developing an example playlist to share...

Kim, wednesday 1-Mar-23 12
L
Bridesmaid not invited my fiancé (will be husband) to her abroad wedding
Lennon, 26 of February of 2023 at 15:44

I’m really struggling with a situation and I’m hoping I could get some advice. I got engaged to my fiancé last year about six weeks before one of my closest friends. We got our venue booked and I...

Melissa, wednesday 1-Mar-23 13
J
Bridesmaids hair & makeup
Jess, 25 of February of 2023 at 19:16

I am a 2024 bride and I have just started my search for some hair and make up artists. I am currently in a predicament of who pays for the bridesmaids hair and makeup. I have 5 bridesmaids so if I pay...

Emma, thursday 22-Jun-23 20 2
A
Does anyone else feel ridiculously annoying when questioning/correcting suppliers?
AmesLou, 12 of February of 2023 at 17:56

I should start by saying that none of my suppliers have done anything to make me think I am being annoying (yet)! - It's just a me problem! As we get into having more detailed conversations with...

Michael8653, monday 13-Feb-23 2 114
A
Bridesmaids presents
Andreea, 8 of February of 2023 at 14:18

Hi I’m new to England customs. I’m Romanian so we have different traditions. I also heard that is a custom to get a present/ presents bag for bridesmaids. Is that true? If so what presents everyone...

Andreea, saturday 11-Feb-23 12
A
September 2022
Amy, 11 of February of 2023 at 04:31

Hi all!! We get married September this year, only started planning early January so it’s very last minute due to family illness 😞 We’re having afestival theme as Glastonbury Festival is our favourite...

AmesLou, saturday 11-Feb-23 1
Phoebe
Venues
Phoebe, 9 of February of 2023 at 08:44

So I am currently trying to pick a wedding venue, however I am stuck between paying around £14,000-16,000 on a venue with everything included or paying £6,000 and then having to hire everything in....

Anonbride, friday 10-Feb-23 3
F
Evening Guests Arrival
Florence, 7 of February of 2023 at 22:14

Hi guys, we get married at 12 o'clock with our music ending at 11 pm with departure any time between 11 - 11:30 pm, what time should we ask our evening guests to arrive? The evening food is being...

AmesLou, thursday 9-Feb-23 5
Hollie
Wedinsure - Anybody had a policy with them?
Hollie, 29 of January of 2023 at 21:26

Hey guys, I am looking into wedding insurance with covid cover. I currently live outside of the UK but am a citizen and so not a lot of companies will take my wedding. Wedinsure is one of the only...

Louise, monday 30-Jan-23 2
A
First Dance Lessons
AmesLou, 29 of January of 2023 at 10:14

Is anyone else considering getting lessons for their first dance? I don't want a dramatic different routine, but we also don't just want to stand and sway. I guess I'm thinking of something that looks...

Monsi, saturday 24-Feb-24 5 149 2
H
Second thoughts changing my surname?
Honey, 26 of January of 2023 at 20:47

Getting married in July. I always said I’d take my husbands surname, which is Stephens. I’m now feeling sad about the thought of leaving my surname Richards. I’m not good with change and it’s worrying...

Sarah, sunday 29-Jan-23 10
Nataliegoodall
Alternative wedding dresses
Nataliegoodall, 23 of December of 2022 at 10:24

Hi all, Has anyone got any recommendations of shops in the Essex/London area that do like glam dresses and outfits but aren’t like traditional wedding dresses? Sparkles and sequins and feathers kinda...

Nataliegoodall, wednesday 8-Feb-23 8
S
Photographer/ Videographer
Stephanie, 23 of January of 2023 at 15:27

We are looking for photographers and videographer duo package. But had very different quotes! What roughly is the average for photo and video packages for weddings. We are getting married in Surrey so...

Amie Seal Photograph, thursday 16-Feb-23 5 1
Miranda
Bridesmaid dresses
Miranda, 26 of January of 2023 at 12:59

Hello everyone, just seeing where people brought bridesmaids dresses from please? My theme is champagne/ chocolate brown satin dresses but I’m struggling to find many I like! Does anyone have any good...

Rebecca, sunday 29-Jan-23 7
K
Trying to find a black wedding dress
Katey_84, 27 of January of 2023 at 18:34

Hi all, I have been married before so obviously this will be second time around for me! This time round I want the total opposite to how my first wedding day was and my fiancé echoes this as well!...

Michelle, monday 6-Mar-23 21
E
Catholic marriage prep classes
Eala, 22 of January of 2023 at 19:27

Hi. We are having our marriage classes just now in preparation for our marriage in the Catholic Church. We are having our classes in our local parish but getting married at a different church where I...

AmesLou, monday 23-Jan-23 2
Rachel
Handwritten invites
Rachel, 20 of January of 2023 at 10:04

Good morning 🤵🏻‍♂️👰🏻‍♀️ I’m not getting married until next year but a family picked me up some invites from Paperchase as they were a bargain! The only problem is my handwriting is awful and yes I...

Bethan, monday 30-Jan-23 19
August 24 Bride
What do i do next???!!????
August 24 Bride, 18 of January of 2023 at 15:09

Hi!!!!! I'm a August 2024 bride and wondering what i should be doing next in terms of wedding planning and prep. Currently confirmed and booked for my date is - Venue, Photographer, Videographer,...

Stephanie, monday 23-Jan-23 7 1
Kayleigh
Boudoir shoots for plus size ladies
Kayleigh, 17 of January of 2023 at 16:48

I was thinking about a boudoir shoot to gift my FH but I'm so self conscious about how I look. I'm flabby and covered in stretch marks and scarring and my belly is basically two bellies now... has any...

Tammy, saturday 4-Mar-23 4
P
Gift bags!
Paigen, 11 of January of 2023 at 13:58

Hey guys! Me and my partner are getting married in November! I’m wanting some help with what to put in our wedding gift bags for the guests? We are having a gothic/nature theme! Any ideas would be...

NawiroOrevy, thursday 19-Jan-23 4
L
Venue Viewing and Honeymoon Suite
Louise, 15 of January of 2023 at 12:11

Hi, we're starting to view venues and was just wondering if anyone took parents/bridesmaids for the initial viewing or only do that once you w settled on a place? We've no idea what the 'norm' is!...

Louise, thursday 19-Jan-23 3
J
One set of parents names omitted from invitation
Jasnit, 16 of January of 2023 at 01:22

My fiancee's parents were absent during his life and he was mainly raised by his grandparents. We wanted to include my parents' names on the wedding invite (Mr &Mrs... Request the honour of you...

Melissa, tuesday 17-Jan-23 4
A
Anyone else developed a Pinterest addiction?
AmesLou, 14 of January of 2023 at 16:12

I first got Pinterest several years ago as I read it would be useful to to help get visitors to my (now not very updated) blog. I really tried to use it but I just could not understand the point of...

AmesLou, sunday 15-Jan-23 4

General groups

Hitched article topics