Laurie

Edinburgh, Lothian & Borders · From February 2023

🕐 Wedding Countdown...

4 of May of 2024

1days 6hours : 31min
Laurie
Dress shirt for the groom
Laurie, 2 of April of 2024 at 15:40

Hello, My partner is hiring a kilt for our wedding day, but needs to get his own dress shirt. The one he's got fits him around the neck, but the sleeves look like balloons from shoulder to elbow. I'm...

StefanBype, thursday 11-Apr-24 1 30
E
Wedding photographer ghosted us
Ellie, 28 of February of 2024 at 19:21

Does anyone have any experience or advice on this . We booked a wedding photographer last year for our wedding on the 1st February 2024. After trying to get in contact with him in the month before to...

Sarah, monday 15-Apr-24 4
Kristina
Wedding insurance
Kristina, 29 of February of 2024 at 11:20

Hello ! I looked online and compared some wedding insurance quotes but was wondering if anyone got some recommendations? Thank you!

Laurie, wednesday 6-Mar-24 1
Hattie
Need to sell my Dress
Hattie, 3 of March of 2024 at 18:03

Hi all I got married last September 2023 and am desperate to get rid of my dress an sell Does anyone know where is best?I’ve listed it on EBay, Vinted and a site called still white and I’m not getting...

Jade, saturday 16-Mar-24 6
S
Wedding dress appointment
Samantha, 25 of February of 2024 at 15:27

I have my first wedding dress appointment next week at a local shop just went in for a browse and ended up with an appointment to try on as happens to be a sample sale next week! Owner has asked me to...

Laurie, thursday 29-Feb-24 6
Sian
Waking up with your husband to be on your wedding day
Sian, 21 of February of 2024 at 09:11

Has anyone spent the night before your wedding with your husband to be and woke up together and had breakfast together? Our wedding is a twilight wedding so not until 4pm and the bridal suite is...

Alexis, wednesday 13-Mar-24 14 1
A
Food for photographers etc.
Aimee, 15 of February of 2024 at 14:24

Hi all What is the appropriate etiquette for providing food for people you have hired? We have two photographers and a videographer (or two, not sure yet). The photographers have said they don't...

Mrsg, saturday 30-Mar-24 19 1
Abi
Registry / gift list
Abi, 18 of February of 2024 at 19:30

Has anybody managed to add a page in their website for a registry or gift list? I remember reading somewhere that you could do that with Hitched, but now can’t find where to add it.

Laurie, tuesday 20-Feb-24 1
A
Wedding dresses
Amy, 19 of February of 2024 at 16:43

Hello, After having my baby I ended up with a condition called diastasis recti (tummy muscles never went back together) so I have always looked pregnant. I am now pregnant again so extremely worried...

Amy, tuesday 20-Feb-24 4
S
When to start dress shopping?!
Samantha, 17 of February of 2024 at 21:29

Hi everyone we are getting married mid March 2025 ❤️ have conflicting advice on when to start actively wedding dress shopping. I am aiming to lose another stone or 2 so was thinking late summer time /...

T S, wednesday 28-Feb-24 5
K
Wedding budgets
Kay, 18 of February of 2024 at 16:11

Hi, just looking to see what peoples weddings budgets are? We are getting married in June 2024, and looking to spend about £10,000. We are doing a DIY wedding, registry office in the morning and party...

Alexis, wednesday 13-Mar-24 22
Kristina
Wedding insurance
Kristina, 4 of February of 2024 at 15:08

Help 😭 how close to the wedding should we take wedding insurance? I have been reading online as soon as started paying deposits? Thank you!

Laurie, tuesday 6-Feb-24 1
Kristina
Wedding invitations
Kristina, 2 of February of 2024 at 17:32

Good evening everyone I noticed a lot of people are doing online invites etc . But I find it so confusing! And i think I am a bit old school ! Paper invites still a thing or online is the way forward...

Amy, monday 26-Feb-24 8
L
Bridesmaid Gifts - morning of and at he
Lauréline, 29 of January of 2024 at 21:25

Hi! Help!! Rich influencers who can afford lots or who get gifted loads seem to gift things constantly and therefore don’t know what the expectations may be? Even if they’re not super expensive gifts?...

Jess, wednesday 7-Feb-24 9 1
J
Resize stock photo
Jay, 14 of January of 2024 at 20:47

Does anyone have any ideas to resize the photo for your website on here? Each time I've done it, it's just zooms right in. Nightmare

Ramsey, tuesday 23-Jan-24 1
A
Any 2025 brides?
Alisha, 2 of January of 2024 at 11:41

Im in the UK, Getting married January 2025.. Hoe far along in the planning process are you? Venue - comes as a package with dj&food ✔️ almost paid offPhotographer ✔️ deposit paidWedding dress ✔️...

Ramsey, tuesday 23-Jan-24 7 2
S
Postponing due to Groom having cancer treatment
Sallyann, 9 of January of 2024 at 14:44

Hi I'm actually mother of the groom. My son has recently been diagnosed with cancer and the treatment and operation, even if it goes to plan, means he won't be fully recovered by the wedding date. His...

Ramsey, tuesday 23-Jan-24 6
E
No gifts...at all?
Erica, 18 of October of 2023 at 10:21

Hi All As we have been together a long time and have everything we need, and money is tight for people we have decided that we do not want to ask for any gifts for our wedding, including cash. Has...

Judith, sunday 7-Jan-24 6
E
Disabled bride
Emily, 23 of August of 2023 at 12:08

I am getting married October 2025 and I can’t wait I’m so excited about everything but this one thing I think I should be most excited about, going dress shopping. I became paralysed from the waist...

Laurie, saturday 6-Jan-24 4
Laurie
Mother of the Bride/groom outfits
Laurie, 4 of December of 2023 at 20:37

Hello, I'm getting married in May 2024, and though I've got my dress and I've ordered bridesmaids dresses, we are struggling to find an outfit for my mum to wear. With so many high street stores...

Shanaide, monday 8-Jan-24 3
S
Bridesmaid Dresses
Sophie, 10 of December of 2023 at 07:53

Hi, We are getting married next August in South London & can’t wait for the day! Wondering if anyone had any advice on a good website or shop for Bridesmaid dresses? I have 3 bridesmaids who are...

Future Mrs J, wednesday 17-Jan-24 10 1
Zoe
Dry cleaning before or after alterations?
Zoe, 10 of March of 2023 at 14:57

Hello! I have just bought a dress in the sample sale and whilst to me it looks ok, I’m wondering if I should get it dry cleaned and it would look even better (probably)? Also, should I do this before...

Drago, friday 8-Dec-23 10
Bex
Bridesmaid Dresses
Bex, 31 of October of 2023 at 06:43

Where is the best place online to order bridesmaid dresses from? I'm looking for Dusty Blue, would like good quality for £100 or less. Thanks!

Drago, friday 8-Dec-23 2 1
M
Edinburgh hair and makeup
Melissa, 25 of November of 2023 at 11:41

Hello we are eloping in Edinburgh just me and mypartner no guests. I'm looking for someone to do my hair and makeup either come to me or me to go to the salon for hair and makeup done. I've seen some...

Laurie, wednesday 29-Nov-23 1
Laurie
Photograph Ititnerary
Laurie, 7 of September of 2023 at 15:24

Hi Does anyone have a list of photographs they wanted taken either the created for photographer or a suggested list from their photographer? Thanks

PhotographybyBillHad, friday 8-Sep-23 1 58 1
S
Day/evening guests- wedding website
Sammylea, 21 of January of 2022 at 07:57

Hi please help!! I’m trying to make a wedding website to save money on invitations- I’m just about there! But….. what do we do for the evening guests as the website refers to the day and all of the...

Laurie, thursday 7-Sep-23 12 3
A
Food before the wedding
Adele, 23 of May of 2023 at 09:49

My bridal party is getting ready at my house before the wedding, they will arrive around 9am, wedding is at 4pm and food will be served around 5:30pm so I want to give everyone a good feed before we...

Laurie, thursday 7-Sep-23 3
P
Games for family get together!
PenelopeP, 25 of September of 2008 at 11:22

We're having a family get together the day before our wedding. Most of our families have never met because mine live abroad. We're getting together in the afternoon for afternoon tea and I was...

Moni, sunday 28-Apr-24 16
C
Money saving tips
Charlotte, 10 of September of 2021 at 17:08

Hi everyone Does anyone have any money saving tips for wedding planning ? My H2B really wants to provide our guests with a free bar so we need to find ways to keep the other costs manageable - does...

Emily, sunday 10-Sep-23 25 5
P
Venue question- budget related.
Poppy-Florence, 21 of January of 2023 at 08:23

Morning everyone! I hope you don't mind me jumping in with both feet. I want to ask those who have already booked or chosen their venue- is your venue your dream venue? I live in an expensive part of...

Vicky, monday 11-Sep-23 10 1
O
Venue
Olivia, 31 of August of 2023 at 15:10

So I'm planning on booking my wedding for 2025. I'm viewing the venue next week and was just wondering, if I place my deposit down next week do I pay the price for 2025 or this year?

Nick, saturday 9-Sep-23 4 1

General groups

Hitched article topics