Skip to main content

Off Topic Posts

Join Group

Wedding planning is fun but sometimes it's good to take a break! Grab a cup of tea and chat to your fellow forum members about anything and everything that isn't wedding planning related.

22,346
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
South
Taxi Services for Special Events
South, 28 April, 2025 at 03:41

Special events often require careful planning, and transportation is a significant part of that. Whether it's a wedding, corporate event, or a night out with friends, South Ribble Taxis can provide...

Mohsin, 38 minutes ago 919 5,005
Cazpot88
Food
Cazpot88, 14 August, 2025 at 13:15

Hi beauts, not messaged on here for a while. Our weddings only 8 days away week! Just a quick question for you all. When would be the best time to open our buffet? Our ceremony is a 3pm in our local...

Moz, an hour ago 100 629 1
B
Cat food - which is best?
, 24 September, 2008 at 19:54

Usually my cat has wet food, she's been having Tesco's Premium Supermeat recently, I tried her on Whiskas but it didn't agree with her, and she turned her nose up at it after a day or so. Then...

Barak, 4 hours ago 43 3,162
flissy666
Naughty confessions thread :D
flissy666, 16 August, 2009 at 22:44

You *might* remember me posting a couple of weeks ago about a party that was held in our shared gardens. Well, the lady who organised the party has stored all the leftover booze in the communal cellar...

Sneha, 4 hours ago 1,082
JJ
Photographer
JJ, 10 July, 2026 at 13:46

Looking for a photographer at a decent budget .

Joe, yesterday at 23:45 26 149
Rod
Defrosting Raw Prawns
Rod, 7 February, 2013 at 16:46

I am making a thai curry tonight using some frozen raw king prawns I bought. I forgot to take them out of the freezer this morning, so am I ok to defrost them in the sink under running water? Thanks...

Superdia, yesterday at 23:18 13 9,876
C
Wedding format
Carlos, 27 April, 2025 at 16:21

We are faced with a choice: what wedding format to choose - a traditional one with a large number of guests or a more intimate celebration with the closest people? What, in your opinion, is more...

Jones, yesterday at 20:20 57 391
S
Hanging striped wallpaper sideways!!
Specialkat, 6 September, 2008 at 01:51

I have finally picked the wallpaper for my bedroom and have picked a striped design. The problem is I want to hang it horizontally instead of vertically. Any ideas on how to do this making sure it is...

Ateeq, yesterday at 18:01 12 23,807
Sunset21
Does anyone have an 'L' shaped corner sofa?
Sunset21, 30 June, 2008 at 15:45

Where did you get it from? We ordered a lovely one but then realised it was too big for the space so now we're back to looking. I can't see anything I like so far.

Houseoffurnishes, yesterday at 16:46 16 1,434
D
What Wedding Planning App Features Are Actually Useful?
Drako, 11 July, 2026 at 00:30

Hi everyone, I have been looking at different wedding-planning tools and noticed that many of them include guest lists, budget tracking, venue notes, seating plans, and countdown features. For those...

GeorgeUK, yesterday at 16:30 78 729 8
J
Betting on speeches at weddings?
JuniperConroy, 3 July, 2009 at 11:03

Hey, Those Paddy Power wedding speech sweepstake kits arrived today and look better then expected! They're in cream envelopes that you put on each table. Given that most tables at weddings that i've...

Mohsin, yesterday at 15:01 44 4,053
Consuela Banana Hammock
House buyers/sellers/anybody else - quick question if I may
Consuela Banana Hammock, 10 August, 2009 at 16:12

Just had a phonecall from the Estate Agents asking if our prospective buyers can come around and measure up. We agreed a sale with them two weeks ago and the survey has been completed (which we assume...

Thomos, yesterday at 11:34 44 5,532
Pickled Eggs
So I have been signed off work but why do I feel so guilty ?
Pickled Eggs, 15 May, 2008 at 18:28

My GP was wonderful, she sat and listened even though I made her surgery run very late. She has decided that it sounds more like anxiety than depression and has signed me off for 2 weeks, I didn't...

LaynxSalt, yesterday at 10:47 19 27,147
P
help please - polish on a plasma tv screen.. it won't come off
peanut, 19 June, 2009 at 10:49

OMG.. I've just dusted the tv from the finger print splodges of my eldest and there must have been polish on the cloth and its smeared on the screen.. it won't come off.. I've found the wee blue...

Mohsin, yesterday at 09:57 68 13,341
P
Reserved a new house. Our buyers pulled out. What would you do? Solicitor help maybe?
Po, 9 July, 2008 at 22:24

If anyone could offer any advice on this I would really appreciate it. We had reserved a new build house on 24th June, our buyers pulled out literally last minute that same day at 4.50pm ( ten mins...

Faiq, yesterday at 09:22 16 3,269
H
Locate my videographer Help!
Hayley, 27 September, 2025 at 04:57

I got married in August 2017 at cave castle hull and I need to locate my videographer we’ve lost our dvd and I don’t remember his name! He travelled to us I think from Liverpool area and the company...

Mehnaz, yesterday at 08:45 49 355
Nardia
Vow writing
Nardia, 8 May, 2025 at 20:50

Hi My fiancé and I are writing our own vows, I know what I want to write but I don’t know how to start and don’t want to come across to cheesy.. Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris, monday 5-Oct-26 95 807
Mrs S Smith
30th Birthday BBQ - ideas?
Mrs S Smith, 16 June, 2009 at 08:22

Hi all, Jist of it is, it's H's 30th birthday on Friday, and we're planning to hold a bbq for him on Saturday. We have about £20-50 to spend on it, which means it's going to be a Bring-your-own bbq...

John, monday 5-Oct-26 20 5,792
*ginni of the lamp*
Camping food help - what to cook with only one ring?
*ginni of the lamp*, 11 July, 2008 at 18:23

We're going camping next weekend, for a week. I haven't camped for many years and suddenly I'm in charge of camp catering for four. What can I cook, since I have only one ring. The boychild is...

Tokyo, monday 5-Oct-26 35 4,876
Helenia
Recipe ideas please - tuna steaks and Quorn mince (separately!)
Helenia, 29 September, 2013 at 20:05

Having a freezer clearout prior to defrosting, and I've discovered all sorts of gems hiding at the back. There's a pack of Quorn mince which I bought when H was having some anti-red-meat thing, and...

Sophia, monday 5-Oct-26 14 1,169
S
Postponing due to Groom having cancer treatment
Sallyann, 9 January, 2024 at 14:44

Hi I'm actually mother of the groom. My son has recently been diagnosed with cancer and the treatment and operation, even if it goes to plan, means he won't be fully recovered by the wedding date. His...

A1223123, monday 5-Oct-26 14 630
L
converting back garden to parking space - building regs?
LittlePeanut, 30 August, 2009 at 12:39

Hi, we live on a corner plot and have a small garage at the back of the house BUT no dropped kerb to it and a lamp post almost in front of it (!). We know we could pay to get the kerb dropped and even...

Kevinhills52, monday 5-Oct-26 24 27,875
cha-cha
Medical peeps- collapsed vein?
cha-cha, 30 July, 2009 at 13:47

I went for a blood test today and the nurse had a terrible time trying to find a nice vein. Right arm, left arm, back to right arm... I now look like I lost a fight with a hedgehog. but anyway. When...

Jose, monday 5-Oct-26 10 26,300
B
wet the bed
, 29 August, 2013 at 12:58

Ok so last night char wet the bed on CBB. have you ever been so drunk you have done this ?

Hydrovac, monday 5-Oct-26 31 3,435
John
Managing Chronic Pain While Planning My Wedding: Any Tips?
John, 16 November, 2024 at 10:53

Hi everyone, I’m currently planning my wedding, but I’ve been dealing with chronic pain that’s been making it hard to focus on all the details. I’m trying to balance my health with wedding...

Rosey, sunday 4-Oct-26 14 355
Knownowt
Silly sports day ideas
Knownowt, 23 September, 2008 at 15:08

I need to think of a number of events for a silly sports day- participants being 12 unfit blokes, 6 women and (where possible) about 6 toddlers/young children. So far on the list I have: three-legged...

Mine, sunday 4-Oct-26 48 50,635
L
My question is
Liliah, 9 November, 2024 at 17:18

Has anyone who'd have a restaurant called cleaver and wake I'm hoping to celebrate my 28th birthday at that particular location I'm just not sure if the food is any good I would like your opinions it...

Eternity, sunday 4-Oct-26 256 1,632 2
Emmark
Anyone had someone in to paint their exterior wooden windows?
Emmark, 5 June, 2009 at 10:03

My wooden windows are in much need of some painting on the exterior. I am going to be getting a few companies out to quote, but just wanted a rough idea of how much people have paid for there windows...

Jan, saturday 3-Oct-26 8 5,258
B
Anyone managed to get into a terramundi money pot without smashing it??
, 10 June, 2008 at 21:50

I have a really nice one of these banks and really don't want to smash it...but it's got loads of cash in it and I want it for my holdays. I've tried using a nail file to file down the coin slot but...

Sikhsha150, saturday 3-Oct-26 264 38,066
E
Brown University
Egor, 6 October, 2023 at 12:13

Brown University stands as an academic beacon, fostering a culture of intellectual curiosity and inclusivity. Its open curriculum empowers students to explore diverse subjects, nurturing well-rounded...

Sophia, saturday 3-Oct-26 36 297
B
I am starting to hate my house
, 12 May, 2009 at 13:04

Has anyone else fallen out of love with their house? Our house needed a lot of work doing to it when we bought it and for that reason we got it for a good price, otherwise we could never have afforded...

Netan, saturday 3-Oct-26 20 1,053
Panjita
Mobile Phones
Panjita, 7 October, 2013 at 10:10

Can you remember what your first mobile phone looked like? I've just been discussing with my friend and found a photo online of my first ever mobile. Hilarious! It looks like an 80's walkie talkie!!!...

Mr., saturday 3-Oct-26 44 6,865

General groups

Hitched article topics