Planning
Join GroupGet wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.
members
Discussions
We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...
Hi there, looking for some advice re hiring chairs, tables, linens and crockery/cutlery etc for my wedding on 01/10/11. We're doing a DIY reception at a lovely village hall, and looking to be able to...
First time posting here but of a long post, and this is so far from tradition, so my fiancée actually proposed to me, so me the groom is currently planning out wedding, I’m trying so hard I feel like...
Hi everyone My best friend is going away to get married abroad. I will be giving her a 'proper' wedding present when they get back at reception. I just thought it would be nice to give her a little...
Hello! I'm planning my day on a tight budget and am wondering if others have done this before (ofc they have), but for those who have, what would you say is the priority to put your money into. My...
Hi everyone I am newly engaged and this is my first post on the forum. So I guess the first thing I need to do is find somewhere to get married, but that seems easier said than done. I have a list of...
Hi, I was just wondering how people have worked out numbers for their evening buffet? I still havent recieved alot of rsvp's for the evening, do you under cater, or over cater, and by how much? We...
I have a bit of a problem which I need serious help in approaching without offending anyone. I've just sent out our wedding invitations, one of which is an old friend of mine whom lives a good 3 hour...
Hi, with 4wks ? to the big day we're starting to work on the seating plan but I'm having an issue before I've even started!! We've got long rectangular tables rather than round and we can't figure out...
Hi, Does anyone have experience or recommendation for insurance company that deals with people and long term pre existing condition please, there doesn't seem to be many around that will cover this...
Hi everyone, I'm planning my wedding and want to give each guest a slice of cake in a beautiful personalised cake box. I'm looking for boxes that are sturdy, elegant, and can be customised with our...
Hi all, very new to this! But I'm getting married next August and I really want to get my wedding budget down. One way is through the photographers. Though some people are charging over £1000 they are...
I’m really struggling with a venue. I found the venue of my dreams and they have out date available. I can not get ahold of them to put down our deposit. I’m worried they have gone cold on me! Any...
Any hairdressers with availability for bride, 2 adult BMs and MOB?
This weekend I think I may have found my dress. It's AC420 (I can't post a picture as on my iPad). Has anyone got this dress? I would just be interested to see some photos on an actual real person as...
Hi I've recently set up our website, I'm trying to understand how to send electronic invites and if I can customise them . I can see how you add names to the guest list and it provides a generic...
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about dresses like the one Sophie wears in the film? I'm pretty sure I don't want a traditional wedding dress and as soon as I saw the dress in the film...
Hi, We're getting married in London and our venue is not authorised to host wedding ceremonies, so we've decided to have the official ceremony before the "wedding". We would still like someone to...
We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Hello, We are getting married in October. A small reg office ceremony followed by the reception etc in a marquee in our garden. As we’re planning it all ourselves, I’m a little nervous that I’m going...
Hey, I'm about to start looking around and shopping for a dress. I have a very good idea of what I want, and provided it looks good on me, have my heart set on a dress that costs £1295. How much would...
My dress is a full lace light coffee/ champagne colour....2 questions: 1. What colour veil do I go for? I want cathedral length so not sure if I have to get a champagne veil or if I could go for...
Hello! I’m recently engaged and my Fiancé and I are planning to get married in Italy in 2027. Thinking around June time but I have no clue whatsoever where to start! Any advice would be appreciated on...
We are having an indoor/outdoor reception and I need some inspo for reception entertainment. We already have a digital Photo Booth and dancing set up. I’m waiting on rates for a silhouette artist, as...
Is anyone wearing flat shoes? I need some suggestions. People keep telling me that I must wear heels but I rarely wear heels and our wedding ceremony is at a castle with around 300 steps to go up and...
Looking to bark a harpist for our wedding on 1 August 2026 in Southend. Please get in touch or send over recommendations! Any help appreciated!
Hello, i'm having an April wedding, which unless we are lucky with the weather I envisage will be mostly indoors. We are also not wanting our wedding to be too formal, neither of our mum are wearing a...
I know this might be a really stupid question, but do you put favours on the top table?!
Hi, I am looking for ideas for an elegant centre piece, we are having a small vow renweal so want something I can use for the ceremony and the breakfast. Xx
Hi everyone! I have recently got engaged and we have decided on 2028 as the year to get married. The wedding planning space is quite overwhelming but I’m so excited to get going with it. If you...
I'm looking for simple and fun games to pass the evening and cheer myself up.