Off Topic Posts
Join GroupWedding planning is fun but sometimes it's good to take a break! Grab a cup of tea and chat to your fellow forum members about anything and everything that isn't wedding planning related.
members
Discussions
Hiya, I wondered if anyone has been through a similar situation and can offer any advice… My sister and mum detest my Aunty due to some family issues a few years ago and have therefore kicked off...
I live in a ground floor flat - last night when I went to bed I found puddles on my bedroom floor and water dripping from the light fitting in the centre of the ceiling! I went up and spoke to the guy...
I have a really nice one of these banks and really don't want to smash it...but it's got loads of cash in it and I want it for my holdays. I've tried using a nail file to file down the coin slot but...
Hi everyone, My partner and I are planning our wedding for next July and we’ve hit a bit of a discussion point that I’d love your thoughts on. We’re torn about whether to do a “first look” before the...
My wooden windows are in much need of some painting on the exterior. I am going to be getting a few companies out to quote, but just wanted a rough idea of how much people have paid for there windows...
Even though I'm not a 'regular' poster here (more of a lurker with a few hundred posts to my name), I'm still too embarrassed to post this under my usual username. In fact, it's taken me a week or so...
I had a Mirena coil fitted on Wednesday and I have been having some pretty horrible side effects ever since. On Thursday I started suffering with waves of really crippling stomach cramps. They were so...
Special events often require careful planning, and transportation is a significant part of that. Whether it's a wedding, corporate event, or a night out with friends, South Ribble Taxis can provide...
I feel is a difficult thing to do.... We viewed 3 houses on Saturday, all 3 ticked the boxes. First one was the style we want, was on a street we love, had a decent sized garden, a lovely big garage...
We are faced with a choice: what wedding format to choose - a traditional one with a large number of guests or a more intimate celebration with the closest people? What, in your opinion, is more...
Couldn't think of a better title - sorry! Its my parent's 30th Anniv in July and im planning a surprise lunch and will invite some of their best friends. however most of their long term best friends...
Has anyone else fallen out of love with their house? Our house needed a lot of work doing to it when we bought it and for that reason we got it for a good price, otherwise we could never have afforded...
I often get emails for Search Engine Optimisation. Today I got one that actually claims to already have had a look at my site "I came across www.everaftervideos.co.uk today while looking for a website...
I spotted 2 topless calendars in the workshop today- one from 2007 so obviously just kept for the pretty pictures. Now I personally couldn't care less about seeing page 3 models or whatever, plus the...
I'm back on the subject I was on yesterday, moving fees. We have zero savings so would have to borrow the extra for moving fees. But, the money would be added on to the mortgage amount which we...
I got married in August 2017 at cave castle hull and I need to locate my videographer we’ve lost our dvd and I don’t remember his name! He travelled to us I think from Liverpool area and the company...
We had a lean-to conservatory extension built a couple of years ago. It's great for the extra space, but it becomes unusable in the summer. In fact it gets so hot in there, it ends up heating up the...
What are the chances of me getting my order on Friday?... it says 3-5 working days. Friday would be 3 working days. It's cutting it a bit fine isn't it? Does anyone know how they deliver? Do they use...
Hi everyone, I have been looking at different wedding-planning tools and noticed that many of them include guest lists, budget tracking, venue notes, seating plans, and countdown features. For those...
Ok, I have been puffing away for about 10 years (I am only 24), and I have had a guts full. I only smoke about 10 rollies a day, but obviously I am sick of everything that comes with it. I am sick of...
We live in a Victorian end-terrace with one drain which handles all our wastewater - our bathroom/kitchen and roof/rainwater and it's blocked. We think it blocked over Christmas because it sounded a...
We've just decorated our sitting room and next weekend Mr Hole wants to do the hallway. I am all out of inspiration, looking at all the colour charts online has made me colour blind. It's quite a big...
Hi, we live on a corner plot and have a small garage at the back of the house BUT no dropped kerb to it and a lamp post almost in front of it (!). We know we could pay to get the kerb dropped and even...
My FMIL is quite ill at the moment and going through tests to find out what it is. Current thought by docs it gall stones which we should find out if its right this week. She's got really bad jaundice...
**SENSITIVE** Hi, my neighbour's beautiful little 6 month old baby sadly passed away on Sunday. She was not well and was never going to be 'normal'. They have not been at the house this week as...
Argh, I hate this sort of thing. We use an agency, but always have the same girl and she's lovely. We've even met her family and they're all lovely. I don't know her well enough to call her a friend,...
I need to think of a number of events for a silly sports day- participants being 12 unfit blokes, 6 women and (where possible) about 6 toddlers/young children. So far on the list I have: three-legged...
My bestie is moving into her own place on Saturday, and I want to put together a hamper of useful food stuff so I need ideas! Any suggestions?
I must learn not to burn my cookie attempts in my fan oven, but even those unburnt one's aren't always that great, any suggestions???
Wasnt sure how to phrase this without seeming rude, but it's not meant to be. Does anyone have any experience of a silentnight bed? or any other bed for that matter? My partner is larger than I am....