Laura

Bristol City, Bristol · From December 2020

Happily married 🎉

23 of July of 2022

614days 13hours
Laura
Wedding night drama
Laura, 25 of July of 2022 at 07:46

Me and my wonderful husband had our dream wedding on Saturday. It was everything we wanted and more. The only thing that spoilt things, was his parents. His mum is very negative, glass half empty kind...

Anonbride, monday 25-Jul-22 3 354
C
Opinion on non-bridesmaids, bridesmaids
Clare, 24 of June of 2022 at 21:05

For a long time I've never wanted to have bridesmaids. Always felt they were a bit unnecessary, more stress and hassle finding dresses etc etc. However, now I'm actually getting married I'm not sure....

Anonbride, sunday 17-Jul-22 14
C
To videographer or not?
Cheryl, 8 of June of 2022 at 19:04

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if any of you have had discussions about a videographer at your weddings? I am guessing that a photographer doesn't do videos alongside the photos? Would this be a 2 person...

Rebecca, sunday 12-Jun-22 10
J
Table Names
Jessica, 24 of April of 2022 at 21:45

Hi everyone, Like a lot of people we don't want table numbers, but we're struggling to come up with 'themes' for table names. I've read the other numerous threads on this topic but still nothing is...

Michelle, sunday 8-May-22 18
Laura
Mother of the bride and groom gifts.
Laura, 3 of March of 2022 at 17:53

Hi, I'm really struggling with what to get our mothers at gifts. Me and my mum are extremely close and I would love to get her something special. Has anyone got any suggestions please

Laura, thursday 3-Mar-22 101
Lauren
Help me with Wedding Flowers
Lauren, 26 of January of 2022 at 17:59

Like most of us, I am absolutely clueless when it comes to planning a Wedding but the thought of sorting flowers is daunting!! How do I get the ball rolling? *Do I contact a florist? How can I do it...

Jess, monday 7-Feb-22 18 3
Laura
Help! Wedding flowers
Laura, 28 of January of 2022 at 23:05

Hi,! I really need some help. This time last year i booked a dried flower company to do my wedding flowers. The lady has just emailed me and said she's having to close her business. I completely...

Elizabeth, tuesday 1-Feb-22 6 1
Z
Etsy flowers
Zara, 20 of January of 2022 at 13:54

Hello, I love these dried flowers from Etsy, I have all what I need in the basket. But the site mentions to order 3 months before, I get married in September so I don't need to order them yet. Has...

RaymondBix, monday 31-Jan-22 8
H
Engagement Rings
Helen, 26 of January of 2021 at 22:33

With a lot of stress for lots of us trying to plan at the moment, I thought it would be nice to have some happy posts! Share pictures of your engagement rings and tell Me how your other half proposed!...

Kirsty, friday 7-Apr-23 51 1
Laura
Curved wedding ring
Laura, 16 of January of 2022 at 19:48

I'm really starting to get stressed! We are getting married 23rd July this year. H2B has narrowed down his choice of wedding ring. But I have absolutely no idea what I want. Because if the style of my...

Laura, monday 17-Jan-22 3
Lorna
Save the date
Lorna, 27 of December of 2021 at 18:21

Good evening, we’re getting married in October, I have save the date cards when is the best time to give them out Thank you Lorna 😊

Laura, tuesday 28-Dec-21 5
F
Bridesmaids - Help!!
Firstweddingbath1601, 23 of December of 2021 at 14:05

Hi there, I need some advice on bridesmaids and I’ve been worrying so much about to what to do. I am getting married in June 2023 so I still have time! I have asked my sister to be my maid of honour,...

HappyGoldBridesmaid1, tuesday 28-Dec-21 5
L
Engagement ring and wedding ring different metals?
Lucy, 22 of December of 2021 at 09:41

Hi everyone, I'm toying with the idea of mixing metals in my engagement ring and wedding band. I have a white gold engagement ring and I'm thinking of a rose gold wedding band. Does anyone else have...

RomanticGreenStation, sunday 26-Dec-21 3
M
Is this appropriate attire for a wedding guest?
Maria, 15 of September of 2021 at 23:49

Hi, all. I am actually not a bride, but a guest. I was invited to a wedding on REALLY short notice (1 week) and am having a hard time finding what to wear since I have absolutely no idea what wedding...

Charlotte, tuesday 21-Sep-21 15
Laura
Mog outfit!
Laura, 5 of September of 2021 at 17:54

Really need to rant! So it was H2b birthday the other day and we went out to food with his family. I ask his mum if she had started to look at dresses and she said yes she had found a lovely white...

Charlotte, sunday 5-Sep-21 1 171
Laura
H2b suit
Laura, 5 of September of 2021 at 12:16

Looking for some suggestions! H2B is big built and wears a size 3xl. I'm struggling to find a place to get his wedding attire. We are going for a more country look of waistcoat, shirt and trousers...

Jennifer, saturday 11-Sep-21 3 92
Ebony
Artificial Flower Recommendations
Ebony, 23 of May of 2021 at 08:30

Hi, This has probably been asked before but I couldn't find a recent post about it. Just looking to hear from anyone who chose to have/will be having artificial flowers for their wedding. I had...

Laura, monday 24-May-21 5
Laura
Plus size brides!
Laura, 4 of April of 2021 at 19:57

Is there any plus size brides on here from the West country. I'm getting married July 2022 and would love to loose a bit of weight. Was just wondering if there was plus size brides near me so we can...

Ben, friday 7-May-21 80
Laura
mob shoes and bag!
Laura, 18 of March of 2021 at 10:56

My mum wants matching shoes and bag for my wedding. The problem is she had a medical condition which means she can't wear a heel too high. I cannot find any pretty low heel shoes that come with a...

Ndeyeresistance, thursday 9-Jun-22 4 180
Laura
Wedding reading for oh sister
Laura, 14 of March of 2021 at 16:36

Hi, ive been Searching every where for a ready the my other half sister can read the ceremony. Does anyone have any ideas ?

Ben, friday 7-May-21 77
Lizbizz85
No jacket for groom ok for country church wedding?
Lizbizz85, 10 of March of 2021 at 13:51

My fiance is a big chap and inclined to overheat and like me he doesn't really do 'dressing up'/formal wear - we are both casual types who are more comfortable melting into the background tbh. He...

Ramos, wednesday 31-Mar-21 10
Laura
Booking a registrar
Laura, 9 of February of 2021 at 16:46

Hi! I'm getting worried. We are getting married 23rd July 2022. We have already booked the venue as there was limited space left. I have gone to book the registrar but they are not taking bookings at...

Anne-Marie, monday 1-Mar-21 6
Laura
So stressed about a registrar
Laura, 27 of February of 2021 at 21:37

I am so completely stressed about booking a registrar. My local council are not taking new registrar books until October! I completely understand that they need to rebook those how have had to cancel....

Rachel, saturday 27-Feb-21 1 150
Laura
Help
Laura, 13 of February of 2021 at 18:07

Me and the other half are looking at honeymoons. We are getting married July 2022. Only think is I'm Very fair and freckly and burn in the sun. I also suffer from panic attacks on flights. My dream...

Louise, saturday 27-Feb-21 3 166
S
Weight Loss Motivation & Dress Advice
Stephanie, 11 of February of 2021 at 10:57

Hi all, I know there are lots of similar posts, so apologies. I have tried to lose weight unsuccessfully for years and am an unhappy size 20. I am getting married in May 2022 and have enjoyed wedding...

Farruhk, saturday 13-Mar-21 11 2
B
Fun / different things at your wedding
Becki, 4 of February of 2021 at 15:11

Hi I like the idea of doing a few different things at our wedding , I wondered if anyone had any cool wedding favour ideas ( reasonably priced) Also any ideas what to get the bridesmaid and I don’t...

Laura, friday 12-Feb-21 11
Katie
Save the dates
Katie, 1 of February of 2021 at 20:44

Hi, advice needed, we are due to get married on 5th November 2022 When should we send our save the dates? My mum said too early people will forget but I also know a lot of people are pushing their...

Rosie, saturday 13-Feb-21 15 1
Hollie
Christmas Wedding 2022
Hollie, 1 of February of 2021 at 16:47

Hey! My boyfriend proposed to me on Christmas Day & we’ve just booked our venue for 21St Dec 2022! I was eager to get a date in as everything is getting booked up and means we now have a date to...

Charlotte, wednesday 27-Oct-21 4
E
Bridesmaids- to have or not to have?
Ebony, 8 of February of 2021 at 15:05

Hi all, I'll cut to the chase. My fiancé is having his closest and oldest friend as his best man, I initially didn't want to have bridesmaids to keep the cost down for everyone however, it may look a...

Ebony, monday 15-Feb-21 8

General groups

Hitched article topics