Skip to main content
Jane
Jane

Bristol City, Bristol · From April 2021

Happily married 🎉

25 of June of 2022

664days 22hours
S
Can i have my mum not sit near me at the wedding?
Savina, 11 of January of 2023 at 17:39

I have grown apart from my mum since I had to create distance between me and her because she went past boundaries I had to put back in place. I am a bit worried she is going to make issues with my...

Katey_84, monday 6-Mar-23 9
Emilyt
Wedding cake or Not?
Emilyt, 3 of November of 2022 at 21:37

I am unsure on whether to have a wedding cake or something alternative. I'm not a huge fan of wedding cakes normally, and I am trying to keep my wedding under a tight(ish) budget. For me cake isn't a...

Kerry, friday 11-Nov-22 13
Emma
Flowers - prices
Emma, 13 of October of 2022 at 21:15

Hi all, would anyone mind sharing roughly how much they are paying for (real) flowers from a florist? We are using a local florist that my fiancé always uses when he buys me flowers. Before we sit...

Kayle, monday 17-Jul-23 11 1
D
Guest didn’t give a gift, should we say anything?
Dean, 11 of October of 2022 at 17:37

Hi all… so we got married on 1st - the day was fab (couldn’t have gone any better). We loved it and our guests did too. After the event and we’re now preparing thank you cards for everyone, everyone...

JamesCef, wednesday 9-Nov-22 8
L
Sample dress experiences
Laura, 9 of October of 2022 at 13:25

Any experiences of sample dresses. Tried a dress on yesterday and fell in love with it. The girl said it was going into a sale next week with over 50% off 😱😱 SoI could take that one. It does have a...

Gabriela, tuesday 11-Oct-22 3
J
What evening food to have
Jo, 15 of September of 2022 at 14:04

Hi everyone We're having a pizza buffet for our main meal on our wedding day (includes antipasti boards, salads and gelato for dessert) which we're very excited about because we love making our own...

Cassy, thursday 22-Sep-22 8
Emilyt
Bridesmaid Gift Ideas
Emilyt, 14 of September of 2022 at 21:33

This has probably been asked multiple times but I am quite new here. So I am having a wedding on a budget but getting married in my home country of Ireland. My bridesmaids are spending a lot of money...

Evon, wednesday 28-Dec-22 3
C
How to keep children entertained?
Caris, 12 of September of 2022 at 18:53

I've got a couple of ideas about how to keep the kids (under 10s) entertained but would kindly like to ask the parents here for advice... A good number of our guests have kids so would love some...

Jane, tuesday 13-Sep-22 4
Jas
Save the dates!
Jas, 8 of September of 2022 at 20:51

Just looking for a bit of help with save the dates... zazzle seems to be the cheapest, but I noticed that it was an American website. Has anyone used to Zazzle before and did anyone have to pay import...

Selda, thursday 15-Sep-22 7
L
Wedding tomorrow!
Lisa, 7 of September of 2022 at 19:46

I’m getting married tomorrow!! Eek! Raise a glass at 11:30am for us x

Michelle, sunday 11-Sep-22 6
Gemma
Do we have to sit with the parents?
Gemma, 29 of August of 2022 at 12:21

I'm doing the seating plan and my SO would very much prefer to not sit next to his parents. I thought it was tradition for parents to sit at the top table with us. Would it be weird if we didn't? The...

Esme, friday 2-Sep-22 10
A
Post wedding blues
Anna, 29 of August of 2022 at 12:36

It's been over a week since our wedding and it was amazing but I am hit by such bad wedding blues. I am terrible at dwelling on the past and I keep getting upset at family photos that I know I didn't...

Sara, tuesday 6-Sep-22 3
S
Potential Menu Ideas
Sian, 23 of August of 2022 at 16:34

So I’m really after the opinions of meat- eaters about what you’d like to eat if you was invited to a vegetarian wedding? We’re going to be offering two options to guests but both will be vegetarian...

Johanpeter, wednesday 3-May-23 11
K
Wedding favours
Keri, 18 of August of 2022 at 11:29

Do people still do wedding favours for their guests, I’m not sure if it’s still expected or not?

Michailygp, sunday 21-Aug-22 17
N
Small wedding ceremony, large wedding breakfast?
Natasha, 18 of August of 2022 at 13:01

Hello! We are planning a wedding and have booked our dream venue - an estate with a large banqueting hall for the wedding breakfast and eveningreception, pretty grounds for our photos, and a cute...

Kimberley, monday 22-Aug-22 6
Lucy
Wedding nails
Lucy, 16 of August of 2022 at 21:10

Really silly little thing but I am getting my nails done the day before my wedding and don’t know what colour to get them done. I was thinking maybe a little pastel colour or traditional French...

LillianPeterson, tuesday 3-Jan-23 21
Anonbride
Where to find wedding cake toppers?
Anonbride, 8 of August of 2022 at 17:32

Obviously google comes up with 100000 options, so I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me whittle it down! We're having a brownie tower instead of cake so I'm keen for a topper to make it nice...

Bonita, sunday 14-Aug-22 10
J
Walking down the aisle song drama!
Joanna, 8 of August of 2022 at 16:52

I’m so hoping someone has the answer cause the anxiety is high on this one! A couple my fiancé and I are friendly with are getting married 9 months before us but I’m having such a worry that she may...

Anonbride, tuesday 9-Aug-22 6 1
L
One week to go!
Lee-Anne, 5 of August of 2022 at 08:44

Can not believe its a week till I get married. Its so flipping exciting! I'm so pleased with mine and FHs plans and ideas. We have stayed true to who we are and i just wanted to share my excitement...

Sinéad, wednesday 17-Aug-22 11 1
Georgia
Little bridesmaids
Georgia, 2 of August of 2022 at 22:56

When I get married i have 4 little bridesmaids/ flower girls. They will be 16, 15, 14 & 12. My question is.. where can I get dresses for the? The flower girl dresses I’ve seen are to young for...

Jessica, thursday 18-Aug-22 24
A
Wedding breakfast
Ann-Marie, 2 of August of 2022 at 13:36

Is it a normal think to only pick one meal to serve at your wedding breakfast? My venue I'm looking at want me to pick just one option to serve at the wedding which I'm thinking no 40 people like one...

Sarahlou86❤, sunday 7-Aug-22 10 1
J
To cake or not to cake??
Jessica, 1 of August of 2022 at 21:06

Myself or fiancé arent big on wedding cake. Is there an alternative? Can you get fake cake?

Yulia, thursday 4-Aug-22 7
T
Pre wedding Spa Day
Terri, 28 of July of 2022 at 10:19

I am getting married in October and my lovely MIL is taking me to a spa day in September. When she initially agreed the date with me I was clear of my period but a recent late period means I'll be on...

KatelynnRamsey, tuesday 27-Dec-22 5
Jane
Photobooth?
Jane, 4 of June of 2022 at 18:27

I've already exceeded my budget. but i really like the idea of a photobooth. 😅😅😅😅 Did anyone get a photobooth to their wedding??? was it worth it?

Jane, wednesday 27-Jul-22 7
A
Writing wedding vows uk
Amber, 27 of July of 2022 at 15:50

I am getting married on 25th March next year in Essex. My partner and I really want to write our own vows for our civil ceremony. Neither of us feel that the options given on the ceremony form are...

Faisal, wednesday 17-Apr-24 6 1
Yorkshirelass
We did it!
Yorkshirelass, 25 of July of 2022 at 17:06

We did it on Saturday! Here are some pics (not professional yet!). The day was amazing, venue, all my suppliers and food and drink were fantastic, everyone had a lovely time. We just loved it. Would...

Sarah, friday 2-Dec-22 17
M
Disposable cameras
Michelle, 11 of July of 2022 at 19:06

Can anyone recommend some disposable cameras for the wedding table, they seem so expensive!

Yorkshirelass, monday 11-Jul-22 3
L
8 days residence in different county to give notice
Linda, 10 of July of 2022 at 14:52

We live in greater Manchester but are planning to get married in Cumbria. We're reading about giving notice in Cumbria and it says you have to be resident for 8 nights to give notice. So if you're...

Danielspume, wednesday 17-Aug-22 25
Yorkshirelass
Covid worries
Yorkshirelass, 5 of July of 2022 at 20:09

We are getting married on 23rd of this month and I’ve started getting very worried about Covid😳 I’m not an anxious person or a drama queen but I’m worrying a lot about people pulling out in general in...

Michelle, saturday 23-Jul-22 17
B
Covid dropouts 😔
Brightcolourwedding2022, 21 of June of 2022 at 10:54

I don’t know about anybody else, but I’m finding the stress of last-minute Covid dropouts extremely stressful. I’m getting married on Saturday and so far we have two dropouts. Manoeuvring table places...

Nathan, saturday 27-Aug-22 9
Sinéad
Plus one??
Sinéad, 17 of June of 2022 at 21:02

Just wondering if you are giving single friends a plus one invite? I don't know if I should or shouldn't. Thanks ladies 🙂

Anonbride, wednesday 22-Jun-22 12
R
Mother of the Bride Outfit Challenge
Rebecca, 12 of June of 2022 at 21:04

Hi there. My mum is best part of 6ft tall and has a large bust and has a real struggle finding places that can accommodate her figure. Pretty much the only place is Long Tall Sally but there's not...

Rebecca, sunday 19-Jun-22 7

General groups

Hitched article topics