Mumbles, Swansea · From November 2021

Happily married 🎉

15 of October of 2022

559days 12hours

Discussions

C
Long train and dancing
Cathy, 27 of November of 2022 at 17:51

Does anybody have any advice about doing a first dance with the train down? I want to show off the dress to the evening guests before I bustle it up! Has anybody danced with a train down? Or with a...

SuPrettybridal, thursday 1-Dec-22 2
Bethan
Feeding Suppliers
Bethan, 21 of October of 2022 at 10:57

Hi All, This isn't something I've ever thought about but do you feed the suppliers? We're having a photographer & video-grapher from the start to first dance (same company) do we feed them as...

Abi, monday 24-Oct-22 9
Rhian
Do they have to say my surname?
Rhian, 20 of October of 2022 at 12:45

Help me please, past brides or people with wedding knowledge. Without trauma dumping, my surname isn’t my birth name, it was changed when I was a child to a man’s who was my abuser and I cannot wait...

Rhian, monday 25-Sep-23 21
S
Wedshots App
Sophy, 30 of September of 2022 at 09:54

Need help!! I downloaded the wedshots app and login with my hitched login like the reviews said but I now realised I didn't change it from Spanish to United Kingdom before logging in and now it wants...

Custom, wednesday 13-Sep-23 4
Leah
Registrar and Celebrant - help!
Leah, 3 of October of 2022 at 16:20

Hi all, after some advice please! So my step-dad is a Celebrant - he is amazing at his job and it would be so special for him to 'marry' us. However my fiance and I can't get over the idea of having...

Sarah, tuesday 4-Oct-22 1
Hannah
Vow planning
Hannah, 3 of October of 2022 at 14:57

I've watched quite a few civil wedding ceremonies in the last few days, and I've found that all of the couples have different vows being read out by the registrar. Does the registrar plan the vows to...

Hayley, monday 3-Oct-22 2
Maxine
Flowers!!
Maxine, 2 of October of 2022 at 21:23

Hi everyone, just after some advice. I had my heart set on sunflowers for my wedding. I had the while thing planned out, how they would be included and even decided on sunflower seeds as my favours. I...

Abi, tuesday 4-Oct-22 6
C
How much?
Crystal, 30 of September of 2022 at 19:11

Hello all, Hope you don’t mind me asking but kind to budget do you all have / how much have you paid so far towards your wedding? I find it interesting and want to keep my feet firmly on the ground...

Kirsty, tuesday 7-Feb-23 28 1
P
At weddings why do people have speeches before the food?
Pink, 1 of October of 2022 at 14:44

Isn't it better to do the speeches after everyone has been fed and watered? They will enjoy them more and won't be hungry and cranky lol

Hannah, wednesday 5-Oct-22 15 1
A
Venue Visit Order
Alice, 29 of September of 2022 at 17:23

So my fiance and I have found a few venues that we like and are thinking about going to visit. They're both very different and whilst both would be great options we definitely have one we prefer from...

Km86, sunday 2-Oct-22 5
R
diy Venue Decor
Ria, 21 of September of 2022 at 18:16

Hello! Has anyone decorated their venue themselves on the morning of the wedding? Both the ceremony and reception will be held at the same place and I plan to do our own decorations throughout....

Sarah, saturday 24-Sep-22 7
H
Wedding favours
Hannah, 21 of September of 2022 at 21:57

Hey, I just wondered if anyone had any ideas for wedding favours for teenage boys 13-17. I have got activity packs for the younger children and tea lights and holders for the adults. Just don't think...

Sarah, thursday 22-Sep-22 1
R
Wedding Insurance
Robyn Amos, 18 of September of 2022 at 21:38

Is wedding insurance important? Is it a vital component of everything? X

Ashley, tuesday 11-Oct-22 3
Chloe
Evening guests - extra cost?
Chloe, 19 of September of 2022 at 09:35

Hey! I haven't picked a venue yet, seeing my first one in November. I was just wondering, so I can prepare myself, do you have to pay extra per guest to arrive in the evening?

Robert, wednesday 14-Dec-22 8
L
Where to buy bulk blankets
Lisa, 19 of September of 2022 at 09:30

Morning everyone, we’re getting married in March so I’m looking to buy some fleece blankets to keep the guests warm in the evening, should it be chilly.. Any idea on cost effective options please?☺️

Lisa, monday 19-Sep-22 2
A
Registrar mess up
Anna, 2 of September of 2022 at 18:41

Hi, I just wanted some advice and opinions... we got married a couple of weeks a go and there has been something bothering me about our ceremony. During the ceremony the other registrar not conducting...

PhotographybyBillHad, monday 5-Sep-22 3
R
a table plan, is it necessary?
Rahman, 1 of September of 2022 at 16:58

Trying to organise who sits where is stressing me out! you can't please everyone. my H2B wants to mix people up so people can mingle, but I know lots of my family a few who have special needs wouldn't...

Anonbride, monday 5-Sep-22 11
J
Alternative wedding ideas
Jemma, 31 of August of 2022 at 13:22

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me with some alternative wedding ideas. Basically loads of our friends are getting/ have got married recently and now we are planning our own wedding but I am...

Sarah, thursday 1-Sep-22 1
Nyarai
Venue problems
Nyarai, 1 of September of 2022 at 11:38

Hi I need some help don’t know who to turn to. We are getting married in 3 days and the venue has emailed us to say that their lift is not working. Now I have vendors bringing a dance floor, DJ...

Nyarai, friday 2-Sep-22 11
S
Potential Menu Ideas
Sian, 23 of August of 2022 at 16:34

So I’m really after the opinions of meat- eaters about what you’d like to eat if you was invited to a vegetarian wedding? We’re going to be offering two options to guests but both will be vegetarian...

Johanpeter, wednesday 3-May-23 11
Gemma
Do we have to sit with the parents?
Gemma, 29 of August of 2022 at 12:21

I'm doing the seating plan and my SO would very much prefer to not sit next to his parents. I thought it was tradition for parents to sit at the top table with us. Would it be weird if we didn't? The...

Esme, friday 2-Sep-22 10
E
Artificial flowers for diy bouquet
Ebony, 18 of August of 2022 at 20:54

Hi, I'm looking for reasonable quality artificial flowers, specifically Dahlia's as that my mother's name. I've already brought some nice flowers from TK Maxx but need the Dahlias for the buttonholes....

Ebony, monday 22-Aug-22 3
Anonbride
fmil rears her ugly selfish head again... am i being petty/too sensitive this time?
Anonbride, 18 of August of 2022 at 11:16

We've having a very small legal ceremony one week in advance of our main wedding (as my oldest friend is officiating this and that's not legal!). We've already told immediate family the plan, that...

Michelle, friday 19-Aug-22 8
V
Disguise a belly button
Verity, 11 of August of 2022 at 09:45

Hi, first time poster! I have a very simple dress, no lace on the front but a low back made of lace. I am a size 12 with a deep belly button, it causes a shadow on my dress. Looking back at photos it...

Alison, tuesday 8-Nov-22 2
T
Poorly done wedding day makeup
Toni, 1 of August of 2022 at 23:12

I need some advice please! Had my wedding on Saturday and my makeup trial a few weeks ago. I paid £100 for my trial but when the lady came over to do it she said she was only going to do half my face....

BobbyLoown, saturday 13-Aug-22 8
Christine
What are Groomsmen for?!
Christine, 1 of August of 2022 at 21:24

Hey! My future Mother-in-Law is demanding that my fiancées x3 brothers are Groomsmen.... I don't really understanding what they are for, and what they could do to help?Our wedding will be small, and...

PhotographybyBillHad, friday 5-Aug-22 6
CharlotteRolfe
second dress !!!!!!!
CharlotteRolfe, 27 of June of 2022 at 14:39

The big question - Would you buy another dress for the evening. Now keeping in mind, mine isnt a big dress its fairly slim line, however i dont know whether to get a lighter dress for the evening or...

RomanticGreenStation, tuesday 28-Jun-22 11
Abigail
Bridesmaids
Abigail, 24 of June of 2022 at 07:51

Hey! So I’ve been looking at Ever-Pretty for my bridesmaid dresses over the last few days and have decided I like this one. I just have a few questions; Has anyone ever ordered from ever pretty What’s...

Rebekah, saturday 25-Jun-22 8
J
Fake or Real ... That is the Question
Jess, 21 of June of 2022 at 13:40

Hi Everyone, Having abit of a struggle between Real or Fake Flowers for the Wedding! I feel like the real ones won't last and can't really be kept without extra cost to preserve them! So I'm left...

Gemma, friday 8-Jul-22 31 1
Z
First dance
Zoe, 9 of June of 2022 at 09:30

We have just over 3 weeks until our wedding and we’re dreading the first dance! We practiced last night and whilst it was very funny, it was also awful! What do?!

Ostira, wednesday 27-Jul-22 15 1
Anonbride
Motivation to keep up with an exercise plan?
Anonbride, 5 of June of 2022 at 17:21

I hate to be this person, because I really want to be body positive and firmly believe FH loves me regardless. HOWEVER, I’m not feeling my best self at the moment. I don’t need to lose multiple dress...

Alice, thursday 17-Nov-22 19
Bex
In memory of…
Bex, 6 of June of 2022 at 23:24

I sadly lost my mum when I was 15 years old (now 27). I am really struggling with the thought that she won’t be at my wedding and want to try and have lots of little ways to include/remember her by at...

Christine, saturday 6-Aug-22 17 1

General groups

Hitched article topics