Skip to main content
W
Watergirl

London - East, East London · From April 2022

Discussions

S
Potential Menu Ideas
Sian, 23 of August of 2022 at 16:34

So I’m really after the opinions of meat- eaters about what you’d like to eat if you was invited to a vegetarian wedding? We’re going to be offering two options to guests but both will be vegetarian...

Johanpeter, wednesday 3-May-23 11
E
10k wedding, is it possible in London
Ebony, 9 of August of 2022 at 00:12

My partner and I have decided to bring our wedding forward due to family illness. We've found a dry venue we love which costs 4k, no decorations needed. We're hiring essentially a small mansion with...

Watergirl, tuesday 9-Aug-22 2
H
mob Veil Disagreement
Hannah, 7 of August of 2022 at 21:44

So I am struggling to find any thread/forum with this problem so thought I would share here. I am debating having a veil for my wedding and have found a new type (cape veil) which i like more than the...

Lucy, tuesday 9-Aug-22 6
E
Opinouns on a photographer
Emma, 5 of August of 2022 at 13:35

I just want a second view on a photographer please! Spoken to him 2 times on a video call, and his passion is what we love about him and gets back to us with in hours to any email he has all the gear...

Thomas, wednesday 10-Aug-22 25
Puja
Wedding dress… any suggestions ?
Puja, 5 of July of 2022 at 21:09

Does anyone know where I can find a affordable modest wedding dress? I don’t want my cleavage or back out. Most dresses appear to be low cut front and back. I want it to look simple and classy, whilst...

Watergirl, friday 5-Aug-22 33
K
Pay Bar or Tab?
Kirsty, 3 of August of 2022 at 10:28

So we had decided to just have a pay bar at our wedding and guests pay for their own drinks. They will get 2 glasses of bucks fizz at the canapes and drinks reception, toasting prosecco and table wine...

Watergirl, friday 5-Aug-22 5
J
i don’t like wedding dresses…
Jenna, 28 of July of 2022 at 16:04

Has anyone had any experience of essentially looking at wedding dresses online… and not liking them? I have yet to see a picture of a dress that I would really like to try on! We get married August...

Niketa, friday 7-Oct-22 16 1
Charlotte
Introducing the new Mrs Young!!
Charlotte, 9 of May of 2022 at 14:28

We did it!! The stresses and worries about the weather were pointless as despite rain, cold and grey skys for a week before and predictied for the day, I awoke to wall to wall sunshine on the day!!...

vidamedicos.com, tuesday 5-Mar-24 52 4
Yorkshirelass
We did it!
Yorkshirelass, 25 of July of 2022 at 17:06

We did it on Saturday! Here are some pics (not professional yet!). The day was amazing, venue, all my suppliers and food and drink were fantastic, everyone had a lovely time. We just loved it. Would...

Sarah, friday 2-Dec-22 17
H
4Months to plan a wedding!
HappyBlueDiamonds392, 24 of July of 2022 at 22:20

So I’ve had my wedding booked for nov 2023 for a couple of years now but due to my other half’s dad been very poorly we are trying to bring it forward to nov 2022 . This absolutely petrifies me as I...

Michelle, tuesday 26-Jul-22 3 1
K
I'd love to get married in a church but I'm not religious...
Kerry, 9 of December of 2020 at 16:24

I just think churches look so much nicer than the typical places where you have civil ceremonies. But I'm not religious at all. Am I the only one? I've found the perfect place for a reception but I'm...

Kerry, thursday 21-Jul-22 17
MadamRed
Getting rings valued for insurance purposes?
MadamRed, 17 of October of 2014 at 10:37

My wedding ring cost us just over £1,000 because we negotiated with the jeweller for about 50% off if we ordered this year and paid in cash. However, I know from getting quotes to have it made...

Watergirl, thursday 21-Jul-22 5
T
What to do - Best Man/woman/person
Tom, 17 of July of 2022 at 22:10

Hi all, So it's maybe not the strangest situation ever but my OH and I decided to finally get married next year and I am really struggling with the idea of who to ask to be my best (wo)man so figured...

Watergirl, monday 18-Jul-22 3
E
Colour coordination
Esmith, 16 of July of 2022 at 18:02

Hi all, just need some help picking colours. Groom is wearing navy blue with maybe pink tie?, Bridesmaids in sage green. What colour suits and tie/bowtie should Groomsmen and ring bearers wear to...

Aydendtl8, wednesday 20-Jul-22 2
T
Corkage
Tom, 17 of July of 2022 at 22:47

As someone who doesn't quite understand it, is corkage £x per bottle literally meant to be on any bottles you bring in to a venue or just if you decide to buy your own wine? Like if it's £9 a bottle...

Watergirl, monday 18-Jul-22 2
Abigail
Suits
Abigail, 9 of July of 2022 at 06:49

Hey! Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy Mens suits from that aren’t to expensive but still really nice. The colour is blue/navy. Thanks in advance x

Leanne, friday 22-Jul-22 13 1
L
How to have a wedding without a reception and still feel like a wedding
Lisa, 14 of July of 2022 at 18:05

As mentioned in my last post, due to my fiancé’s ill health We’ll be getting married asap at registrars with his brothers and kids and a friend of mine. I know we can’t have a traditional reception...

Michelle, tuesday 7-Mar-23 34
H
Best friend has gone bridezilla and trying to compete with my wedding!
Honey, 16 of July of 2022 at 20:17

My close friend is getting married on the same year as me. I originally thought this was amazing, we could wedding plan together which would be so exciting! However, this has now turned to hell and is...

HappyGoldBridesmaid1, monday 18-Jul-22 2
Fiona
Bride On a Budget! Venue and General Help Needed
Fiona, 16 of July of 2022 at 22:03

Hi everyone So we've been engaged for 4 years. Since then, we've had a little one and there's been a global pandemic, so things got put on the back burner! We've now started saving but it is slow...

Watergirl, sunday 17-Jul-22 7
Leanne
Dancing in the dress
Leanne, 17 of July of 2022 at 15:58

This more of a giddy discussion rather that a question, I posted a while back about trying on my wedding dress at home to practice moving in it and today I did andddddd I am super pleased as I could...

Michelle, monday 18-Jul-22 14
Lisa
Walking down the aisle alone
Lisa, 18 of June of 2022 at 22:33

Hi! I’m getting married in June 2023. It’s a destination wedding with very few guests. To cut straight to the point: I absolutely dislike the idea of my dad walking me down the aisle. For me it feels...

Watergirl, friday 15-Jul-22 12
R
Wedding printing
RomanticGoldConfetti25518, 14 of July of 2022 at 11:31

Hi all, Does anyone have any recommendations for reasonably priced online printing services that you have used for your weddings? I've been looking for some quotes, but some frankly have been...

Watergirl, friday 15-Jul-22 3
R
Maternity Dress or a line?
Rahman, 12 of July of 2022 at 17:32

I'll 30 weeks pregnant on my wedding day, but can't for the life of me find a nice maternity dress that I like. Do you think I could just get an A line dress?

Lise, thursday 14-Jul-22 2
Skye
Childrens entertainment
Skye, 8 of January of 2022 at 14:15

Hey everyone, me and my h2b have been chatting about children and our wedding. We have 3 children and a lot of our guests will have children of various ages. Has anyone had anything at their wedding...

Michelle, wednesday 13-Jul-22 7
Michelle
Sage sashes
Michelle, 11 of July of 2022 at 21:14

Anyone used sage sashes and want to re sell I need 72 let me know ladies x

Michelle, tuesday 12-Jul-22 2
Abigail
Wedding Dog 🐶
Abigail, 10 of July of 2022 at 10:12

Hiya! This is Archie he’s my beautiful little fur baby! We get married in March and our wedding venue is dog friendly. He’s our baby and would really love to include him in our wedding day. However...

Ruth, monday 15-Aug-22 10
K
Sequel wedding 3 years later?
Kimberley, 11 of July of 2022 at 08:20

Hi, this is my first post so hoping I’m posting in the correct part of the forum. Apologies if not 😅 My husband and I were married in August 2020. We postponed our big day because of Covid and so it...

Rebecca, wednesday 13-Jul-22 7
A
Table Runner Hire Costs
Amanda, 7 of July of 2022 at 17:37

I was just wondering if anyone had hired table runners for their wedding breakfast tables and the rough coat per runner you paid? I’ve been having a quick look and the ones I’ve found end up being...

Hayley, sunday 10-Jul-22 3
E
Wedding Favours
Ellie, 9 of July of 2022 at 12:44

Does anyone having any wedding favour ideas. Struggling to figure out the right one.

LuxuriousPurpleBride, saturday 9-Jul-22 3
M
Can you share it with me?
Micle, 29 of June of 2022 at 04:20

Hi everyone, I hope you have a great day and good luck. I will be getting married this August. Before that, I had sewn the wedding dress in advance so that I could fix the dress and prepare it again...

Watergirl, friday 8-Jul-22 4
L
To train or not to train
Lucy, 8 of July of 2022 at 16:22

Help! I just got my dress back from the seamstress and tried it in again at home, and though the length at the front is perfect, the train feels ENORMOUS now that the front is shorter. Even bustled it...

Watergirl, friday 8-Jul-22 1
Amy
How to keep my real flower bouquet?!
Amy, 4 of July of 2022 at 20:18

Hi, we are having real flowers for our wedding. I really want to keep my bouquet of cala lillies after the big day. Does anyone know how that can be done, if it needs to be next day? Or any businesses...

Mrsg, monday 8-Apr-24 7

General groups

Hitched article topics