Charlotte

London - South East, South East London · From May 2018

Happily married 🎉

26 of February of 2022

762days 0hours : 22min
Luxuriouspinkcars60789
Wedding Cake Help!
Luxuriouspinkcars60789, 4 of March of 2021 at 10:02

So my mother-in-law-to-be is a fantastic baker and is going to make our wedding cake but she isn't confident about decorating it. Does anyone know where could I get someone who could do the design/ice...

Tisi, thursday 13-Apr-23 12 1
Charlotte
Arguing about wedding planning
Charlotte, 2 of March of 2021 at 10:24

Fiancé and I had a relatively minor argument about something to do with the wedding. It was something I had already asked him about and he had agreed, but he has forgotten this and now changed his...

Ben, friday 7-May-21 6 354
Charlotte
mil keeps making assumptions
Charlotte, 22 of February of 2021 at 17:12

My future mother in law keeps making assumptions about our wedding which I’m not always quick thinking enough to contradict, and I find it really stressful. Examples include: - that she will bring...

Ben, friday 7-May-21 2 271
S
How to ask bridesmaids
Sian, 10 of February of 2021 at 12:14

Hello I am thinking about asking 3 of my close friends to be my bridesmaids but I am wondering how some of you have gone about asking ? Is it expected to gift a big box of gift? If so what should I be...

Bethanie, monday 15-Feb-21 11
Louise
Bride's shoes
Louise, 7 of February of 2021 at 22:32

Just wondering where people have got their shoes from? I'm getting married in September so will have first dress fitting in June. I'd like to have my shoes sorted well before then so I can wear them...

Emily, monday 10-Jul-23 19
Chloe08
Bridesmaid Dresses Colour
Chloe08, 4 of February of 2021 at 13:24

We are getting married May 14th 2022! I have my dress bought and my fiance has his kilt, we are really struggling to decide on a bridesmaid dress colour. I have four bridesmaid who are all different...

Swoonbabystarryeyes, saturday 6-Feb-21 12
K
Wedding dress tight around the bum
Katie, 2 of February of 2021 at 18:37

I bought a second-hand wedding dress and it fits almost perfectly, except that it's quite tight over my bum, causing the fabric to stretch and crease here. It was originally custom-made so I don't...

Katie, thursday 4-Feb-21 8
M
Bridesmaid woes
Mrsi2Be, 1 of February of 2021 at 22:56

Hi All Looking for some advice. Getting married in September (hopefully) everything has been organised for quite a while just need to get bridesmaid dresses ordered. One of my bridesmaids lives...

RomanticGreenStation, tuesday 2-Feb-21 2
J
diy flowers ?
Jess, 24 of January of 2021 at 16:17

Hello ! I’ve recently got a couple of quotes for my wedding flowers and they’re just so expensive for what I’m wanting ! Has anyone ever done or plan on doing their own flowers ? I used to work in a...

Daisydfd, thursday 5-Oct-23 12
Nikki
Entertainment
Nikki, 26 of January of 2021 at 12:20

Hi guys, we are really struggling to decide what to do about entertainment and wondered what everyone else was doing. We have the ceremony at 1pm and the whole day is at the same venue so I’m a little...

Kept, tuesday 26-Jan-21 2
Laura
Evening Buffet Numbers
Laura, 19 of January of 2021 at 14:27

Hi all, I've tried to Google this but can't find an answer so I may just be being silly but would like some insight ... When it comes to the evening buffet, do you cater for ALL of your guests (day...

Westytowalker, thursday 21-Jan-21 5
Sarah
Chat to Hitched Editor about your wedding planning
Sarah, 18 of January of 2021 at 14:21

Hi everyone! I'm looking to chat to a handful of brides and grooms who are currently in the midsts of wedding planning for some content ideas on Hitched. Please let me know if you'd be up for a very...

Rhiannon, friday 22-Jan-21 23
Starfishmoon
Venue price secrets
Starfishmoon, 13 of January of 2021 at 22:58

Just a moan.. ? but does anyone else find it really irritating that venues don’t just share their prices on their websites? Getting hold of costs is so time consuming and often involves long waits for...

Starfishmoon, thursday 21-Jan-21 15 6
HappyPurpleDecor18768
Invites shared with out permission
HappyPurpleDecor18768, 13 of January of 2021 at 17:04

Hi, last year I won my wedding invites and I am so grateful to the company that has given them to me. However the invites got shared on Facebook and Instagram with my name tagged in that post. so...

RomanticGreenStation, saturday 16-Jan-21 4
Olivia
Venue Price
Olivia, 11 of January of 2021 at 18:59

I wonder if anyone can help because I am clueless! I got engaged in Nov and we really want a Dec 2022 wedding. I have had my heart set on this one venue for a few years, they usually offer package...

Kenna, thursday 14-Jan-21 7
Ashlea
Getting married in a registry office
Ashlea, 11 of January of 2021 at 12:03

I am originally from Essex and my Other half is from Norfolk, we plan to get married in Essex but looking into it we both have to have lived in Essex for at least 7 days for that to apply? He hasn’t...

Charlotte, monday 11-Jan-21 2
Ashlea
Where to sit people!?
Ashlea, 9 of January of 2021 at 13:05

Anyone else having issues on deciding where to sit people it’s driving me crazy! I want people to sit with people they know but a lot of people don’t know anyone that’s coming! Any ideas ?

Charlotte, saturday 9-Jan-21 2
Happyyellowhair476
Different Tastes in Venue!
Happyyellowhair476, 8 of January of 2021 at 15:47

Hello! My fiancé and I are hoping to get married in Summer 2022 and I’m having a minor panic about venues (and not just because we can’t get out to see any of them...)! I always pictured an outdoor,...

Happyyellowhair476, friday 8-Jan-21 3
Deanna
Wedding Invites
Deanna, 6 of January of 2021 at 19:57

Hey guys! I’m not getting married until Sept 2022, however I wanna know when do we send invites out? We have family all around the world and with COVID-19 I’m kinda thinking to send them sooner rather...

Charlotte, friday 8-Jan-21 3
Charlotte
Sent Save the Dates and now panicking!
Charlotte, 8 of January of 2021 at 17:17

I’ve posted my save the dates today but I am now panicking a bit! I have only sent them to our “core” guests. There are some people (who have not been sent save the dates) who we will definitely...

Pinkprosecco18, friday 8-Jan-21 1 130
A
Buying Wedding Dress: Did you make an event out of it?
Abbie, 8 of January of 2021 at 00:18

After a Google search to find which style of dress I like, I fell in love with a dress online which I couldn't get out of my mind. They didn't have my size, so I decided to wait to see if my size came...

RomanticGreenStation, friday 8-Jan-21 6
Tara
Help with venues in Surrey
Tara, 4 of January of 2021 at 15:00

Hi everyone, I would love if someone could please provide some suggestions or guidance! We're looking at venues in Surrey but are open to surrounding areas as well. Initially we were planning on...

Samantha, tuesday 5-Jan-21 2
S
Help - When and where to start
Sian, 3 of January of 2021 at 17:23

Hey all, I got engaged over Christmas and we have starting thinking about when to get married. We have thought about September 2022 and i was wondering if any one can give me advice about when I...

Sian, monday 8-Feb-21 19 1
C
Average cost for bridesmaids.
Claire, 3 of January of 2021 at 08:21

I’m getting married in December and want to know on average how much do people spend on there bridesmaids dresses, hair, make up, flowers, shoes. I have 3 adult bridesmaids, one junior bridesmaid and...

AlanStoddard, tuesday 31-Aug-21 5
Katy
Veil length
Katy, 3 of January of 2021 at 09:26

Hi all, I’ve spent more than I expected to on my dress and don’t want to buy a veil from my dress designer, as they are overpriced given I won’t be wearing it for the whole day. I’m wondering if...

ExpensivePinkFlowers, tuesday 2-Feb-21 6 1
Ella
Should i put a gift request in invites
Ella, 1 of January of 2021 at 21:01

Evening ladies I am getting married in June 5th 2021 when should I send invites out aslo after abit of advice only been to one wedding as a kid. We only have family coming to the ceremony and then...

Jordan, tuesday 5-Jan-21 6
Eleisha
Saturday vs Sunday weddings
Eleisha, 1 of January of 2021 at 21:26

Hey all I just got engaged and we’re starting to think about dates. We were looking at potentially Easter weekend 2023. I’m unsure whether to pick Saturday or Easter Sunday. What do you guys think? I...

TigerLily8, monday 4-Jan-21 9
D
Wedding
Diane, 27 of December of 2020 at 21:07

Hi Fellow brides I’m getting married in February 2022 it’s so exciting but I have no idea what I’m doing does anyone have any tips??

Ho Lee, friday 20-Aug-21 11 1
H
Spent some money from wedding fund
HappyIvoryHair6003, 30 of December of 2020 at 22:32

Please please don’t give me hate for this I already hate myself as much as it is. Myself and my fiancé are getting married and opened a savings account to save for it. To give a bit of back ground my...

RomanticBrownStation, friday 1-Jan-21 2
G
Hair and make up
Gemma, 20 of December of 2020 at 20:27

Hi Wedding Hive :-) Just in the process of looking for hair and make up artist for our wedding - is it expected that apart from myself - I should arrange hair and make up for both mothers and the...

Charlotte, sunday 27-Dec-20 6
R
Booking a venue
Reva, 26 of December of 2020 at 23:03

Hi! Looking to book a venue soon, and given that insurance for Covid will be an issue, I was thinking that it’s probably best to try and negotiate some sort of protection with the venue itself (ie...

April21Bride, sunday 27-Dec-20 2
April21Bride
Wedding heels.... help!
April21Bride, 22 of December of 2020 at 20:35

It’s rather intrusive I know but how much are people planning on spending on their wedding heels? I’ve seen two pairs that I love and want to wear them both (3.5 inch Harriet Wilde and 4 inch...

TigerLily8, monday 4-Jan-21 12

General groups

Hitched article topics