Sophie

High Peak, Derbyshire · From December 2021

Happily married 🎉

5 of November of 2023

195days 0hours : 34min
Ajx
Bridesmaid gifts
Ajx, 6 of October of 2023 at 12:49

Has anyone got an ideas on what I can get my bridesmaids as a gift?! My mum is doing a giftbag full of the usual things like candles, facemasks, a little bottle of prosecco etc and she's also got us...

Sophie, friday 20-Oct-23 2
S
Eco-friendly and Sustainable Weddings!
Sian, 16 of July of 2022 at 11:03

Hey! So in day-to-day life I’m very much into sustainable living (recycling, avoid single use plastic, reducing my carbon footprint ect) and therefore also trying to follow these values when planning...

Sian, wednesday 20-Jul-22 5 2
Sam
Booking registrars
Sam, 22 of June of 2022 at 12:01

Hello! Has anyone had issues or delays booking registrars. It’s been nearly two weeks and they still can’t advise over the phone or email if the time is ok. Making me anxious to book the venue -...

Shireen, friday 16-Sep-22 28
D
Photographer
Dana, 4 of July of 2022 at 23:07

Hi im getting married in may 2024 and in need of an amazing photographer - not overly expensive, i am open to suggestions of course.. We would like the photographer for he whole day, plus pre getting...

Tehjpal, tuesday 13-Jun-23 3 1
K
Wedding venue
Keri, 7 of July of 2022 at 22:44

I’m struggling to find a venue for my wedding, I live in London but have a lot of family Essex so looking in either location, also looking to have a winter/Christmas wedding, we have a limited budget...

Keri, sunday 10-Jul-22 3
Sophie
Cosy Winter Wedding on a Budget - My Planning Thread
Sophie, 7 of April of 2022 at 14:26

Hello! I've decided to start a planning thread, even if they aren't really the done thing anymore, because I think it will be fun to write about my planning process as it goes along. So, here it goes!...

Vicky, wednesday 26-Oct-22 50 2
G
Best man speech - sharing pictures
G E, 24 of May of 2022 at 07:22

I am giving a best man speech in a couple of weeks and the groom has featured in some great photos over the years that are worth mentioning in the speech When referring to them or the stories I want...

Sophie, tuesday 24-May-22 2
H
Dramas and people getting involved!
Hannah, 24 of May of 2022 at 10:50

So when I got engaged my friend over in America asked if she could be bridesmaid. I didn’t know what to say at the time! Now I’ve thought about it, I just want my two young nieces to be bridesmaids....

Lee-Anne, tuesday 14-Jun-22 10
B
Wedding Photography
Beth, 20 of January of 2022 at 18:34

Hi all Is it naive to think I can get a photographer for £600-£800? I only want a digital option (no albums to be made) but its looking like its £1000+ which I really don’t have budget for.We would...

Andrea, sunday 5-Nov-23 31 1
Pauline
Wedding favours
Pauline, 9 of May of 2022 at 13:51

Hey ladies, looking for some inspiration for wedding favours… what’s everyone else planning??

Bernalex, monday 23-May-22 43 1
R
Where to start with booking things
Rachel, 12 of May of 2022 at 21:51

I don’t even know where to begin with booking things! I don’t get my nails / make up / hair done usually but do want it for my date in June 2023 but don’t really know where to being with what I’m...

Sophie, monday 16-May-22 4
Zoe
Wedding “entertainment”
Zoe, 12 of May of 2022 at 06:27

Hey lovelies!!! So entertainment on the day?!? Does everyone have something booked?I don’t…. We have everything in one place, a country house style venue…. Ceremony at 2….meal at 4…… I just imagined...

Lex, monday 16-May-22 10
Maria
Two hour canapee's & drinks - what should we do?!
Maria, 11 of May of 2022 at 12:04

Our venue has asked that we allow 2 hours for them to set up from the ceremony to the wedding breakfast as we have 120 guests and are getting married in the same room as the ceremony. We're getting...

Sophie, monday 16-May-22 9
C
Wedding websites?
Clare, 21 of April of 2022 at 12:14

Hi all Has anyone made a wedding website and if so, do you have any recommendations? (something simple ideally / pre-made templates). I've seen hitched has one obviously haha but just curious if...

SamuelKaf, sunday 1-May-22 15
S
Must have and nots
Sophc22, 5 of April of 2022 at 20:36

Myself and my partner are Hopefully going to start planning our long awaited wedding for next year! We started planning early 2019 but then fell pregnant with our son so we decided to wait, then...

Stephanie, tuesday 12-Apr-22 6
A
Share your engagement ring and wedding stacks!
Anonbride, 5 of April of 2022 at 14:35

I found a really historic one of these threads and thought it would be nice to resurface! I think it's lovely just to share our gorgeous e-rings and what we're thinking for wedding bands. I'm tempted...

Rogers, friday 22-Dec-23 40 1
A
Changing your name... to double barrel or to take his name?
Anonbride, 1 of March of 2022 at 16:40

Me again haha! I really love the idea of me and FH having the same last name so I'm personally dead set against just keeping my last name because I don't want us having different last names after...

Bliss, saturday 9-Apr-22 21
E
Hen do in a few weeks but I’m pregnant!
Emma, 8 of March of 2022 at 15:40

Planned pregnancy so knew this could happen so my own doing lol, but got my hen do booked for when I’ll be 7 almost 8 weeks pregnant. I’ve got an early 6 week scan to make sure all ok but think I’m...

Bliss, saturday 9-Apr-22 5
Sophie
Are planning threads still a thing?
Sophie, 5 of April of 2022 at 18:04

Hi! So I remember back in the day people used to post planning threads going through their planning process on these forums, are they still done? I've been looking forward to starting mine but I...

Sophie, thursday 7-Apr-22 2
Yorkshirelass
Bridesmaids before or after the bride?
Yorkshirelass, 5 of April of 2022 at 15:20

Just wondered what your plans are ladies and gents? I know in the UK the BMs follow the bride as traditionally they were behind her to carry the train in the old days. However I've watched so much Say...

Bliss, saturday 9-Apr-22 15
Hannah
Do You Feel Obliged to Invite Someone to Your Wedding?
Hannah, 11 of March of 2022 at 16:44

Hey Everyone! I hope you are all looking forward to the weekend! I'm the Community Manager at Hitched.co.uk and we want to hear your opinions and advice! Have you felt like you have to invite someone...

Sophie, thursday 31-Mar-22 6
Hannah
What Is The Role of Your Mum at Your Wedding?
Hannah, 16 of March of 2022 at 15:05

Hey everyone! It's Hannah- the Community Manager from Hitched.co.uk. We are wanting to hear from you all about the role of your Mum at your Wedding! Some of our questions include: - What involvement...

Michelle, thursday 31-Mar-22 5
Sandra
Wedding insurance
Sandra, 17 of March of 2022 at 19:19

Hi Ladies, Can anyone please recommend a good wedding insurance company ❤️ And what should you usually pay for this ! Thanks so much

Sophie, thursday 31-Mar-22 1
S
Insurance Providers
Sam, 21 of March of 2022 at 12:16

Hi, We are really struggling to find any insurance providers. Seems like the only 2 available have terrible reviews (Wedinsure and covermywedding.co.uk) but no one else is currently offering insurance...

GaveModeva, tuesday 6-Jun-23 5 1
S
Help! Looking for small reasonably priced venues!
Shannon, 16 of March of 2022 at 23:48

I'm having a crisis and I have no idea what to do now! My dream wedding had a guest count of around 90 (we have huge families, this number includes minimal friends) at a Manor, which was looking like...

Michelle, friday 24-Jun-22 14

General groups

Hitched article topics