Alison

Southend On Sea, Essex · From February 2022

Happily married 🎉

7 of June of 2023

330days 1hours
J
Ceremony time
Jessica, 11 of August of 2023 at 13:21

Hey, I just wondered what time everyone is having their ceremony. The only times the registrar has available is 12:30pm or 2:30pm. I wanted to get the most out of the day and worried 2:30pm will be...

Rebecca, tuesday 15-Aug-23 14 1
A
Anyone moved a moongate?
Alison, 31 of July of 2023 at 20:42

Just wondering if any of you who have already got married had had a decorated moongate which you have moved, ie, had to be moved after being set up outside for a ceremony and then moved inside because...

Jea, tuesday 1-Aug-23 34
Eboni
Young wedding
Eboni, 22 of July of 2023 at 04:18

Hey, so I'm a little young to marry by today's standards (legally I'm not too young) and I was wondering if anyone has advice on how to deal with criticism, the nagging and such. It went from a secret...

Eboni, friday 28-Jul-23 6
Alex
Friday wedding?
Alex, 19 of July of 2023 at 14:25

We are looking at a possibly date for wedding Friday 12th July. The venue has a minimum of a 100 guests on a Saturday so Friday is the only option really if we want this venue (which we both really...

Sarah, wednesday 26-Jul-23 15
Valyria
Not having wedding favours
Valyria, 16 of July of 2023 at 20:24

Hi All, Is it unusual to not have wedding favours on the tables for guests? if I am being honest it just seems like an unnecessary expense after everything else we're having to pay out for. We're not...

Sarah, wednesday 26-Jul-23 20
H
Sister not wanting to be very involved in my wedding!?
Hannah, 19 of June of 2023 at 11:47

Hi, I hope that someone has had a similar situation to this, or at the very least can hopefully give me some advice on what you would do?! My sister (32) and I (28) have always been very close and...

Georgia, wednesday 13-Sep-23 19
R
Gifts for mothers?
R&C, 17 of April of 2023 at 22:17

First time married so I don't know a lot about weddings. A couple of months back MIL asked if I was getting her a corsage for the wedding. This was honestly news to me - I had never heard of this...

Alice, tuesday 16-May-23 11
Emily
Very little response to Save the Dates?
Emily, 12 of April of 2023 at 09:28

With under 12 months to go until our wedding, I sent out the Save the Date cards last week (wedding is the week after Easter next year so we wanted to let people know the date early in case they book...

Jean, thursday 20-Apr-23 13 1
S
Traditional invites! help
Samantha, 5 of April of 2023 at 08:53

Bride 2025, and I know it's a while away but it's came up now and it's caused me so much stress these last two days! My parents have mentioned they want us to do traditional wedding invites. They're...

Ankit, monday 10-Apr-23 10 1
Lauren
Parents!!!
Lauren, 23 of March of 2023 at 15:39

Okay please excuse the long post I'll try and make it shorter so me and my parents ( both still married) have always had a very rocky relationship so since announcing our engagement never really...

Pavelvak, sunday 2-Apr-23 20
A
Flakey guests!
Anna, 21 of March of 2023 at 13:10

What should I do if a guest is being really flakey and my gut feeling is that they will let me down? They are saying they will know closer to the time if they can come to my wedding breakfast... I...

Abbie, monday 27-Mar-23 13
Bethan
Rsvp's
Bethan, 14 of March of 2023 at 09:25

Morning All, We're waiting on a couple of people to RSVP for our evening reception, the date on the invitation is 31st March. I want to send out a little reminder to people so I know what numbers I'm...

Alison, tuesday 14-Mar-23 5 1
A
Recommendations for seamstress in Essex
Alison, 22 of February of 2023 at 21:55

Hi, I'm looking for someone in the Essex area preferably near Chelmsford, to do some bridesmaids dress fittings and accompanying taking up hems, etc. Anyone have any recommendations please?

Disneyhub, friday 15-Sep-23 3
Eve
Bridesmaid dilemma
Eve, 1 of February of 2023 at 19:21

I really need some help! I have asked by future husband's brothers girlfriend (complicated I know) to be one of my bridesmaids. However she doesn't seem very forthcoming with being involved. I send...

Alison, thursday 2-Feb-23 6
R
Flower girls in different dresses
Rebecca, 28 of January of 2023 at 18:10

Hi everyone! I would like some opinions and advice. I am wondering has anyone done different dresses for each flower girl? I have two flower girls my daughter and niece. I would love my daughter to be...

Anonbride, tuesday 31-Jan-23 2
L
March or September wedding?
Laura, 25 of January of 2023 at 20:47

Hi, We found our dream wedding venue (farm/countryside/barn style) but it had very limited availability and the only Saturdays they have anywhere near the summer 2024 is 16th March or 28th September....

Kirsty, tuesday 31-Jan-23 14
Y
Wedding dress code
Yvonne, 18 of January of 2023 at 20:52

My friend has been invited to a wedding with a dress code wings and waistcoat. Before she has to embarass herself and ask the bride has anyone heard of it Thankyou

Bellavitalwedding, wednesday 25-Jan-23 3
Michelle
Dress alterations will ruin dress x
Michelle, 13 of September of 2022 at 13:35

I get to the point I have had my dress for a while now size 30 I'm a size 20 don't ask well had my appointment with seamstress she has said if I go all the way down to size 20 I will lose most of the...

Michelle, wednesday 14-Sep-22 3
A
David's Bridal for bridesmaids
Alison, 15 of August of 2022 at 20:44

We have found the perfect dress at the Westfield, Stratford store and plan to go back to the store just to confirm our choice and then order the dresses, However, I am reading very mixed reviews of...

Clare, sunday 4-Sep-22 1 133 1
L
Mr and Mrs Rose
Lee-Anne, 14 of August of 2022 at 06:52

We did it Friday the wedding went to plan and the relaxed atmosphere I had hoped for was a huge hit. Gorgeous weather and gorgeous guests as well as my gorgeous husband. Best day ever

Lee-Anne, monday 15-Aug-22 6 1
R
Has anyone recently booked a wedding for summer 23 please?
Rachel, 23 of July of 2022 at 23:36

Hi I’d be really grateful to hear from anyone who has recently booked a wedding for Summer 23. We have just got engaged and really want to get married next summer. I’ve contacted a few venues and the...

Charlotte, thursday 28-Jul-22 9
Charlotte
Covid strikes
Charlotte, 16 of July of 2022 at 20:58

So I get married on the 23rd July, and everything has been well, planning wise. My nana hasnt been in the best of health, and now my Uncle won't be able to make it either due to ill health. Its a bit...

Michelle, saturday 23-Jul-22 25
C
Menu Options and Awkward Guests
Caroline, 17 of July of 2022 at 10:13

We only handed out invitations yesterday but have already had an awkward family member state she will not eat anything on the menu and wants the venue to make her a different meal. The main issue I...

RomanticGreenStation, sunday 17-Jul-22 7
A
Address labels for invites
Alison, 17 of July of 2022 at 09:05

Hi everyone, I am keen to get some address labels printed for our invites. I have seen various options for designs on Etsy but, so far, I have had no luck finding a company who will print different...

Alison, sunday 17-Jul-22 47
G
Nut allergy and wedding cakes
Giuseppina, 15 of June of 2022 at 14:23

I didn't think it would be so difficult to find a nut free wedding cake. A lot of refusals and some happy to make a cake which is great. Any other brides with a nut allergy? How did you find the...

Alison, tuesday 28-Jun-22 5
G
Veil or no veil?
Gracef, 21 of June of 2022 at 10:01

I found my dream dress last month (excuse the fact I’m pinned into it) and have always been adamant I wanted a veil for the church service to then take off after a few photos. On the day I found my...

Ajx, wednesday 22-Jun-22 6
Kate7695
Mother of the Groom says she is "disappointed" in me 2wks from the big day.
Kate7695, 18 of April of 2022 at 19:44

My H2B spoke to his cousin who asked (after saying she couldn't attend 3wks ago) I'd she can come yo the ceremony. I said no as we couldn't amend out seating plans, food orders and everything else...

Michelle, wednesday 25-May-22 82 1
J
Inviting teachers - during term time
Josh, 12 of April of 2022 at 22:35

Me and my SO are planning our wedding, we’ve found our dream venue and have a date that has somewhat of a significance to us. The only problem, it’s the Thursday before the end of the school term. We...

Melissa, thursday 13-Apr-23 35
A
Am i being unfair not having my sister as a bridesmaid?
Anon, 18 of April of 2022 at 17:36

Hi everyone! I’m in a bit of a pickle.. I’m getting married next year and I’m not close to my sister AT ALL. We live hours apart and whenever we are together (christmas for example), it’s tense and...

Ebony, friday 22-Apr-22 26 1
Yorkshirelass
Wedding stationary
Yorkshirelass, 18 of April of 2022 at 13:57

Hi all, what have you done about orders of service and menu cards? I’ve not done anything yet and we are coming up to 3 months so thought I ought to get sorted. We are getting married in a museum...

Ajx, monday 25-Apr-22 4
Adele
Wed2b wedding dresses
Adele, 4 of April of 2022 at 07:58

Just wondering has anyone bought their wedding dress from wed2b? Our wedding budget has gone pretty out of control and my fiancé and I have decided to not go over the top and spend too much on our...

Sarah, thursday 1-Sep-22 31 2

General groups

Hitched article topics