Skip to main content

Off Topic Posts

Join Group

Wedding planning is fun but sometimes it's good to take a break! Grab a cup of tea and chat to your fellow forum members about anything and everything that isn't wedding planning related.

22,332
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
D
What Wedding Planning App Features Are Actually Useful?
Drako, 11 July, 2026 at 00:30

Hi everyone, I have been looking at different wedding-planning tools and noticed that many of them include guest lists, budget tracking, venue notes, seating plans, and countdown features. For those...

Oliwia, 2 hours ago 75 705 8
Nardia
Vow writing
Nardia, 8 May, 2025 at 20:50

Hi My fiancé and I are writing our own vows, I know what I want to write but I don’t know how to start and don’t want to come across to cheesy.. Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris, 4 hours ago 95 805
South
Taxi Services for Special Events
South, 28 April, 2025 at 03:41

Special events often require careful planning, and transportation is a significant part of that. Whether it's a wedding, corporate event, or a night out with friends, South Ribble Taxis can provide...

Mohsin, 5 hours ago 904 4,946
Mrs S Smith
30th Birthday BBQ - ideas?
Mrs S Smith, 16 June, 2009 at 08:22

Hi all, Jist of it is, it's H's 30th birthday on Friday, and we're planning to hold a bbq for him on Saturday. We have about £20-50 to spend on it, which means it's going to be a Bring-your-own bbq...

John, 5 hours ago 20 5,792
*ginni of the lamp*
Camping food help - what to cook with only one ring?
*ginni of the lamp*, 11 July, 2008 at 18:23

We're going camping next weekend, for a week. I haven't camped for many years and suddenly I'm in charge of camp catering for four. What can I cook, since I have only one ring. The boychild is...

Tokyo, 8 hours ago 35 4,875
Helenia
Recipe ideas please - tuna steaks and Quorn mince (separately!)
Helenia, 29 September, 2013 at 20:05

Having a freezer clearout prior to defrosting, and I've discovered all sorts of gems hiding at the back. There's a pack of Quorn mince which I bought when H was having some anti-red-meat thing, and...

Sophia, 11 hours ago 14 1,169
S
Postponing due to Groom having cancer treatment
Sallyann, 9 January, 2024 at 14:44

Hi I'm actually mother of the groom. My son has recently been diagnosed with cancer and the treatment and operation, even if it goes to plan, means he won't be fully recovered by the wedding date. His...

A1223123, 11 hours ago 14 627
L
converting back garden to parking space - building regs?
LittlePeanut, 30 August, 2009 at 12:39

Hi, we live on a corner plot and have a small garage at the back of the house BUT no dropped kerb to it and a lamp post almost in front of it (!). We know we could pay to get the kerb dropped and even...

Kevinhills52, 12 hours ago 24 27,871
cha-cha
Medical peeps- collapsed vein?
cha-cha, 30 July, 2009 at 13:47

I went for a blood test today and the nurse had a terrible time trying to find a nice vein. Right arm, left arm, back to right arm... I now look like I lost a fight with a hedgehog. but anyway. When...

Jose, 12 hours ago 10 26,300
B
wet the bed
, 29 August, 2013 at 12:58

Ok so last night char wet the bed on CBB. have you ever been so drunk you have done this ?

Hydrovac, 17 hours ago 31 3,433
C
Wedding format
Carlos, 27 April, 2025 at 16:21

We are faced with a choice: what wedding format to choose - a traditional one with a large number of guests or a more intimate celebration with the closest people? What, in your opinion, is more...

Lee, yesterday at 22:02 53 379
John
Managing Chronic Pain While Planning My Wedding: Any Tips?
John, 16 November, 2024 at 10:53

Hi everyone, I’m currently planning my wedding, but I’ve been dealing with chronic pain that’s been making it hard to focus on all the details. I’m trying to balance my health with wedding...

Rosey, yesterday at 17:06 14 355
Knownowt
Silly sports day ideas
Knownowt, 23 September, 2008 at 15:08

I need to think of a number of events for a silly sports day- participants being 12 unfit blokes, 6 women and (where possible) about 6 toddlers/young children. So far on the list I have: three-legged...

Mine, yesterday at 13:16 48 50,635
H
Locate my videographer Help!
Hayley, 27 September, 2025 at 04:57

I got married in August 2017 at cave castle hull and I need to locate my videographer we’ve lost our dvd and I don’t remember his name! He travelled to us I think from Liverpool area and the company...

Jasa, yesterday at 13:03 48 352
L
My question is
Liliah, 9 November, 2024 at 17:18

Has anyone who'd have a restaurant called cleaver and wake I'm hoping to celebrate my 28th birthday at that particular location I'm just not sure if the food is any good I would like your opinions it...

Eternity, yesterday at 08:05 256 1,631 2
Emmark
Anyone had someone in to paint their exterior wooden windows?
Emmark, 5 June, 2009 at 10:03

My wooden windows are in much need of some painting on the exterior. I am going to be getting a few companies out to quote, but just wanted a rough idea of how much people have paid for there windows...

Jan, saturday 3-Oct-26 8 5,258
B
Anyone managed to get into a terramundi money pot without smashing it??
, 10 June, 2008 at 21:50

I have a really nice one of these banks and really don't want to smash it...but it's got loads of cash in it and I want it for my holdays. I've tried using a nail file to file down the coin slot but...

Sikhsha150, saturday 3-Oct-26 264 38,064
E
Brown University
Egor, 6 October, 2023 at 12:13

Brown University stands as an academic beacon, fostering a culture of intellectual curiosity and inclusivity. Its open curriculum empowers students to explore diverse subjects, nurturing well-rounded...

Sophia, saturday 3-Oct-26 36 294
B
I am starting to hate my house
, 12 May, 2009 at 13:04

Has anyone else fallen out of love with their house? Our house needed a lot of work doing to it when we bought it and for that reason we got it for a good price, otherwise we could never have afforded...

Netan, saturday 3-Oct-26 20 1,051
Panjita
Mobile Phones
Panjita, 7 October, 2013 at 10:10

Can you remember what your first mobile phone looked like? I've just been discussing with my friend and found a photo online of my first ever mobile. Hilarious! It looks like an 80's walkie talkie!!!...

Mr., saturday 3-Oct-26 44 6,865
C
How do i change the design of my wedding website?
Clare, 11 July, 2024 at 11:21

I picked a design thinking I could change the colour scheme of the flowers but I can't, and now I can't see a way to change the design or start from scratch at all, can anyone help?

92Dadu, friday 2-Oct-26 155 1,078
Rhian
Gretna Green, just the two of us
Rhian, 22 April, 2022 at 09:11

Hi, I’m new here, this is my first post. My OH and I have been together just over 2 years and we’ve been talking of getting married in the next year. I’ve been married before, and neither of us want a...

Matthew, friday 2-Oct-26 18 1,166 1
Vera
Funeral Etiquette (Sens)
Vera, 25 September, 2008 at 16:38

**SENSITIVE** Hi, my neighbour's beautiful little 6 month old baby sadly passed away on Sunday. She was not well and was never going to be 'normal'. They have not been at the house this week as...

Jack, friday 2-Oct-26 31 4,680
mixie
Bank refusing to reissue credit card - is this normal, these days?
mixie, 26 February, 2009 at 06:24

H's credit card expired in December and the new card never arrived. When he queried it with the bank, he was told that due to a history of late payments, the bank would not be issuing him with a new...

Jan, friday 2-Oct-26 8 1,616
S
Having laminate flooring in a new build?
SAM83, 3 September, 2009 at 11:30

I am having a new house built and have been told by Persimmon who are building it that we cannot have laminate flooring as its a new house. We went to a carpet shop yesterday to arrange to get a quote...

Nova, friday 2-Oct-26 47 15,284 1
Sare
Bellini..where can I get the peach bit?
Sare, 15 May, 2008 at 20:54

I'm going to a friend's house for a "Cocktail Sleepover" tommorrow and I said I'd make Bellini's. I have Prosecco but I know the proper version is made with white peach puree, which I can't get hold...

Kasey, friday 2-Oct-26 64 27,924
kharv
YAWN - measuring for stair carpets
kharv, 5 January, 2014 at 22:29

If I was to have one continuous piece of carpet all the way from the top of the landing to the bottom of the stairs - I need 10m of length. However, I only need 1.3m of width. Most carpets come in...

Carpetland, friday 2-Oct-26 23 2,112
Koshka
Profiteroles-stuck
Koshka, 30 June, 2008 at 10:11

I was nominated by my brother to cook profiteroles for a family meal today. We're meeting and I think/feel trying to impress his new girlfriend. I followed the Gorden Ramsey recipe, placing them on...

Carson, thursday 1-Oct-26 63 3,261
Brittany
Nightmare Mum & Sister
Brittany, 11 April, 2024 at 19:44

Hiya, I wondered if anyone has been through a similar situation and can offer any advice… My sister and mum detest my Aunty due to some family issues a few years ago and have therefore kicked off...

Sigyrn, thursday 1-Oct-26 26 1,195 1
summer solstice
Leak coming from upstairs in a flat - help what should I do? long sorry!
summer solstice, 30 August, 2008 at 23:44

I live in a ground floor flat - last night when I went to bed I found puddles on my bedroom floor and water dripping from the light fitting in the centre of the ceiling! I went up and spoke to the guy...

Stephen, thursday 1-Oct-26 29 42,398
Thomas
Should We Have a “first Look” Photo Before the Ceremony?
Thomas, 30 October, 2025 at 09:15

Hi everyone, My partner and I are planning our wedding for next July and we’ve hit a bit of a discussion point that I’d love your thoughts on. We’re torn about whether to do a “first look” before the...

Jan, thursday 1-Oct-26 8 60
N
Dental phobia - can anybody help?
Notquiteme, 3 March, 2013 at 12:08

Even though I'm not a 'regular' poster here (more of a lurker with a few hundred posts to my name), I'm still too embarrassed to post this under my usual username. In fact, it's taken me a week or so...

Vikash, thursday 1-Oct-26 52 3,530

General groups

Hitched article topics