Skip to main content

Off Topic Posts

Join Group

Wedding planning is fun but sometimes it's good to take a break! Grab a cup of tea and chat to your fellow forum members about anything and everything that isn't wedding planning related.

22,603
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Emmark
Anyone had someone in to paint their exterior wooden windows?
Emmark, 5 June, 2009 at 10:03

My wooden windows are in much need of some painting on the exterior. I am going to be getting a few companies out to quote, but just wanted a rough idea of how much people have paid for there windows...

Jan, an hour ago 8 5,255
B
Anyone managed to get into a terramundi money pot without smashing it??
, 10 June, 2008 at 21:50

I have a really nice one of these banks and really don't want to smash it...but it's got loads of cash in it and I want it for my holdays. I've tried using a nail file to file down the coin slot but...

Sikhsha150, 6 hours ago 264 38,064
E
Brown University
Egor, 6 October, 2023 at 12:13

Brown University stands as an academic beacon, fostering a culture of intellectual curiosity and inclusivity. Its open curriculum empowers students to explore diverse subjects, nurturing well-rounded...

Sophia, 8 hours ago 36 294
B
I am starting to hate my house
, 12 May, 2009 at 13:04

Has anyone else fallen out of love with their house? Our house needed a lot of work doing to it when we bought it and for that reason we got it for a good price, otherwise we could never have afforded...

Netan, 9 hours ago 20 1,051
Nardia
Vow writing
Nardia, 8 May, 2025 at 20:50

Hi My fiancé and I are writing our own vows, I know what I want to write but I don’t know how to start and don’t want to come across to cheesy.. Any advice would be appreciated.

Delta, 11 hours ago 93 789
H
Locate my videographer Help!
Hayley, 27 September, 2025 at 04:57

I got married in August 2017 at cave castle hull and I need to locate my videographer we’ve lost our dvd and I don’t remember his name! He travelled to us I think from Liverpool area and the company...

Jasa, 13 hours ago 45 347
South
Taxi Services for Special Events
South, 28 April, 2025 at 03:41

Special events often require careful planning, and transportation is a significant part of that. Whether it's a wedding, corporate event, or a night out with friends, South Ribble Taxis can provide...

Oliver, 13 hours ago 903 4,937
Panjita
Mobile Phones
Panjita, 7 October, 2013 at 10:10

Can you remember what your first mobile phone looked like? I've just been discussing with my friend and found a photo online of my first ever mobile. Hilarious! It looks like an 80's walkie talkie!!!...

Mr., 14 hours ago 44 6,864
C
How do i change the design of my wedding website?
Clare, 11 July, 2024 at 11:21

I picked a design thinking I could change the colour scheme of the flowers but I can't, and now I can't see a way to change the design or start from scratch at all, can anyone help?

92Dadu, yesterday at 15:57 155 1,078
Rhian
Gretna Green, just the two of us
Rhian, 22 April, 2022 at 09:11

Hi, I’m new here, this is my first post. My OH and I have been together just over 2 years and we’ve been talking of getting married in the next year. I’ve been married before, and neither of us want a...

Matthew, yesterday at 12:50 18 1,164 1
L
My question is
Liliah, 9 November, 2024 at 17:18

Has anyone who'd have a restaurant called cleaver and wake I'm hoping to celebrate my 28th birthday at that particular location I'm just not sure if the food is any good I would like your opinions it...

Riyajjain, yesterday at 12:15 254 1,623 2
Vera
Funeral Etiquette (Sens)
Vera, 25 September, 2008 at 16:38

**SENSITIVE** Hi, my neighbour's beautiful little 6 month old baby sadly passed away on Sunday. She was not well and was never going to be 'normal'. They have not been at the house this week as...

Jack, yesterday at 11:41 31 4,680
mixie
Bank refusing to reissue credit card - is this normal, these days?
mixie, 26 February, 2009 at 06:24

H's credit card expired in December and the new card never arrived. When he queried it with the bank, he was told that due to a history of late payments, the bank would not be issuing him with a new...

Jan, yesterday at 11:19 8 1,615
S
Having laminate flooring in a new build?
SAM83, 3 September, 2009 at 11:30

I am having a new house built and have been told by Persimmon who are building it that we cannot have laminate flooring as its a new house. We went to a carpet shop yesterday to arrange to get a quote...

Nova, yesterday at 08:47 47 15,283 1
Sare
Bellini..where can I get the peach bit?
Sare, 15 May, 2008 at 20:54

I'm going to a friend's house for a "Cocktail Sleepover" tommorrow and I said I'd make Bellini's. I have Prosecco but I know the proper version is made with white peach puree, which I can't get hold...

Kasey, yesterday at 07:40 64 27,923
D
What Wedding Planning App Features Are Actually Useful?
Drako, 11 July, 2026 at 00:30

Hi everyone, I have been looking at different wedding-planning tools and noticed that many of them include guest lists, budget tracking, venue notes, seating plans, and countdown features. For those...

London, yesterday at 07:33 74 687 8
kharv
YAWN - measuring for stair carpets
kharv, 5 January, 2014 at 22:29

If I was to have one continuous piece of carpet all the way from the top of the landing to the bottom of the stairs - I need 10m of length. However, I only need 1.3m of width. Most carpets come in...

Carpetland, yesterday at 07:19 23 2,112
Koshka
Profiteroles-stuck
Koshka, 30 June, 2008 at 10:11

I was nominated by my brother to cook profiteroles for a family meal today. We're meeting and I think/feel trying to impress his new girlfriend. I followed the Gorden Ramsey recipe, placing them on...

Carson, thursday 1-Oct-26 63 3,258
Brittany
Nightmare Mum & Sister
Brittany, 11 April, 2024 at 19:44

Hiya, I wondered if anyone has been through a similar situation and can offer any advice… My sister and mum detest my Aunty due to some family issues a few years ago and have therefore kicked off...

Sigyrn, thursday 1-Oct-26 26 1,194 1
summer solstice
Leak coming from upstairs in a flat - help what should I do? long sorry!
summer solstice, 30 August, 2008 at 23:44

I live in a ground floor flat - last night when I went to bed I found puddles on my bedroom floor and water dripping from the light fitting in the centre of the ceiling! I went up and spoke to the guy...

Stephen, thursday 1-Oct-26 29 42,395
Thomas
Should We Have a “first Look” Photo Before the Ceremony?
Thomas, 30 October, 2025 at 09:15

Hi everyone, My partner and I are planning our wedding for next July and we’ve hit a bit of a discussion point that I’d love your thoughts on. We’re torn about whether to do a “first look” before the...

Jan, thursday 1-Oct-26 8 56
N
Dental phobia - can anybody help?
Notquiteme, 3 March, 2013 at 12:08

Even though I'm not a 'regular' poster here (more of a lurker with a few hundred posts to my name), I'm still too embarrassed to post this under my usual username. In fact, it's taken me a week or so...

Vikash, thursday 1-Oct-26 52 3,530
Chickster
Mirena Coil - Having Horrible Side Effects :-( UPDATE
Chickster, 24 March, 2013 at 16:59

I had a Mirena coil fitted on Wednesday and I have been having some pretty horrible side effects ever since. On Thursday I started suffering with waves of really crippling stomach cramps. They were so...

Sophia, thursday 1-Oct-26 19 7,307
WelshTotty
Giving feedback on house viewings without feeling guilty
WelshTotty, 22 June, 2009 at 12:30

I feel is a difficult thing to do.... We viewed 3 houses on Saturday, all 3 ticked the boxes. First one was the style we want, was on a street we love, had a decent sized garden, a lovely big garage...

Mohsin, thursday 1-Oct-26 20 5,765
C
Wedding format
Carlos, 27 April, 2025 at 16:21

We are faced with a choice: what wedding format to choose - a traditional one with a large number of guests or a more intimate celebration with the closest people? What, in your opinion, is more...

He786, thursday 1-Oct-26 48 362
Cazpot88
Food
Cazpot88, 14 August, 2025 at 13:15

Hi beauts, not messaged on here for a while. Our weddings only 8 days away week! Just a quick question for you all. When would be the best time to open our buffet? Our ceremony is a 3pm in our local...

Cava, thursday 1-Oct-26 98 617 1
AnnaBanana
best way to collect video messages?
AnnaBanana, 21 April, 2009 at 13:34

Couldn't think of a better title - sorry! Its my parent's 30th Anniv in July and im planning a surprise lunch and will invite some of their best friends. however most of their long term best friends...

Momina, thursday 1-Oct-26 9 989
NeoShoegal
SEO's
NeoShoegal, 3 April, 2008 at 16:01

I often get emails for Search Engine Optimisation. Today I got one that actually claims to already have had a look at my site "I came across www.everaftervideos.co.uk today while looking for a website...

Muhammad, wednesday 30-Sep-26 52 651
C
Girlie calendars in the workplace AIBU
Carrot, 20 October, 2008 at 21:00

I spotted 2 topless calendars in the workshop today- one from 2007 so obviously just kept for the pretty pictures. Now I personally couldn't care less about seeing page 3 models or whatever, plus the...

Nisha, wednesday 30-Sep-26 21 1,755
Sunset21
House movers with no savings...
Sunset21, 8 April, 2009 at 21:06

I'm back on the subject I was on yesterday, moving fees. We have zero savings so would have to borrow the extra for moving fees. But, the money would be added on to the mortgage amount which we...

Stephen, wednesday 30-Sep-26 16 1,184
JJ
Photographer
JJ, 10 July, 2026 at 13:46

Looking for a photographer at a decent budget .

Metka, wednesday 30-Sep-26 25 141
anjumanji
Do you have conservatory roof blinds? Recommendations please.
anjumanji, 28 May, 2009 at 09:45

We had a lean-to conservatory extension built a couple of years ago. It's great for the extra space, but it becomes unusable in the summer. In fact it gets so hot in there, it ends up heating up the...

Owan, wednesday 30-Sep-26 30 8,348

General groups

Hitched article topics