Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire · From April 2022

Happily married 🎉

13 of February of 2023

445days 2hours

Discussions

A
Just had a guest decline due to col crisis
Anonbride, 6 of April of 2023 at 17:05

I don't know if anyone else is in the same boat, but I thought I'd put it out there because I see a lot of "if they care about you, they will come" responses on here. One of my good friends who RSPV'd...

Anonbride, saturday 8-Apr-23 4
A
Stepfamilies and buttonholes/corsages
Amy, 1 of April of 2023 at 06:56

Hi, Both my parents and H2Bs are divorced, with both my parents and H2Bs dads having other partners on the scene from our teen years. All are remarried and official ‘step’ parents. H2Bs mum has...

Emily, thursday 6-Apr-23 6
S
Traditional invites! help
Samantha, 5 of April of 2023 at 08:53

Bride 2025, and I know it's a while away but it's came up now and it's caused me so much stress these last two days! My parents have mentioned they want us to do traditional wedding invites. They're...

Ankit, monday 10-Apr-23 10 1
S
Baby Drama
Sophie, 1 of April of 2023 at 09:39

I have found out today that my MOH is pregnant - I am OVER THE MOON for her.. however.. This will be another person we need to add to our daytime guest list. Myself and my fiance both have separated...

Melissa, thursday 13-Apr-23 4
S
rsvp
Saraho, 26 of March of 2023 at 17:17

Hi Two requests please 1. Can you help me with wording to chase those that haven’t RSVP yet please. The deadline is today via email. so plan to maybe give them a week. 2. For those that have replied I...

Sarah, tuesday 28-Mar-23 3
C
Who gets a thank you gift?
Claire, 27 of March of 2023 at 13:48

This could seem like a moronic inquiry however as I've presumably said previously, I haven't been to numerous weddings and I don't have any idea what the marry manners are... Who do you really get a...

Elijah, saturday 8-Apr-23 8
C
Is it ok to have a Friday wedding?
Cr, 18 of March of 2023 at 14:36

We have just viewed our dream venue but are wondering if guests would be willing to book off the Friday day / afternoon from work? Has anyone done this, and, if so, have the guests been fine with it?...

Anonbride, thursday 30-Mar-23 10 1
S
Wedding Dress help, please
Shalisha, 14 of March of 2023 at 18:54

Hey everyone, I really need some wedding dress help please. I haven't actually looked at any stores in person yet. I'm finding it overwhelming because there are so many stores, so I don't know which...

Sarah, saturday 25-Mar-23 27
Sam
Autism friendly wedding?
Sam, 28 of February of 2023 at 12:59

Hi everyone! I’m pretty new to this website and very new to planning a wedding. Me and my partner got engaged in 2020 but put off planning until now. we’ve now set a date for late 2024 so hopefully...

Lex, thursday 2-Mar-23 6
Charlotte
motb causing problems
Charlotte, 14 of February of 2023 at 18:56

I am getting married in early September and FH and I are hoping to have a family meal at lunch time the day before the wedding. This will be after our church rehearsal in the morning and will include...

Emily, saturday 25-Feb-23 8
Danielle
Pure panic! i get married in 17 days!!
Danielle, 18 of February of 2023 at 17:38

Hello So I'm doing my own hair and make up I did my trial today and feel hideous! I'm not feeling good enough for my groom. Since planning the wedding a year ago it has knocked me a lot. So much...

RomanticGreenStation, wednesday 22-Feb-23 3
K
Planning Stress
Kirsty, 10 of February of 2023 at 23:38

Has anyone got any advice on how to deal with wedding stress? I have been fine up until now but over the last week the number of things I've needed to do, along with troubleshooting unforseen issues...

Nina, tuesday 7-Nov-23 9
C
Money
Chelsie, 16 of January of 2023 at 11:22

Hi guys, I know that money seems to be the main worry about weddings. Me being one of them that are worrying. I have some tips from what I've found so far to cut costs, but wondered if anyone could...

Sarah, saturday 9-Sep-23 11 7
Danielle
Hog roast
Danielle, 15 of January of 2023 at 20:40

Hi has anyone had or been to a wedding where they've had a hog roast and relaxed vibe rather than 3 3 course meal?

Danielle, saturday 21-Jan-23 19
Shona
rsvp Panic!
Shona, 13 of January of 2023 at 11:22

My wedding is 4 months away from the 27th of this month and I am panicking about RSVPs, apart from invites, what else can I do to make sure I have a response from everyone I have invited?

Tiff, sunday 15-Jan-23 5
Mw
Maid of Honor with attitude and the wrong priorities
Mw, 9 of January of 2023 at 10:09

I need to get this off my chest as it's adding to the stress of planning our wedding. It's the same old story of other people making your day about themselves. In my case, I wasn't expecting this to...

Emily, tuesday 10-Jan-23 6
M
Entering panic mode!!
Maddy, 10 of January of 2023 at 00:54

Hello, my partner and I got engaged on Christmas day, and he has expressed wanting to get married in August this year! Is it even possible to get everything done in time?! I have created my account...

Melissa, sunday 15-Jan-23 19
Rachel
Dress meltdown 😫😔
Rachel, 4 of January of 2023 at 15:20

Hi all, we are having a short engagement and are getting married at the end of April this year. Budget is tight so can't justify more than around £500 on a dress. Obviously this knocks out most...

Viki, wednesday 2-Aug-23 42 2
J
Cancellation
Jordan, 29 of December of 2022 at 15:52

Hi There, Myself and my partner are due to get married in August however we have both expressed thoughts of cancelling/ postponing due to a number of reasons, finances, stress, some relationship...

UlrichMayer, sunday 8-Jan-23 2
S
Prep in the run up
Sarah, 1 of January of 2023 at 17:12

Hi all, I’m getting married in April (feels very soon!) and because I’m a teacher and can’t book time off, I’ll be working right up to the day before my wedding. I’m confident that I’ll have time to...

Sarah, monday 2-Jan-23 5
Kirsty-Louise
Where to start
Kirsty-Louise, 30 of December of 2022 at 22:41

So we have recently gotten engaged and due to have our engagement party in march. However we have already started planning small things. So we have chosen our colour scheme, roughly which date we...

Alex, tuesday 3-Jan-23 8
Maddy
Where do i start
Maddy, 27 of December of 2022 at 15:48

Hi all! What on earth do we start with, and how do you realistically afford a wedding? I'm thinking we start off with finding a venue setting a date and then getting a loan? Thanks!

Quintan, monday 18-Dec-23 11 2
Danielle
Stressed i need witnesses
Danielle, 28 of December of 2022 at 14:33

Hello So I get married in March 2023. My partners family were invited to the wedding but now they can't due to train strikes and family illnesses. We have booked and paid for the entire wedding it's...

Emily, thursday 29-Dec-22 6
S
Wedding prep.
Shay, 19 of December of 2022 at 21:03

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anybody had any regimes they have started on the run up to their big day? We don’t get married until 2024 but I have started with facials every 3 months. Hair trimmed...

Shay, thursday 29-Dec-22 7
R
Wedding Dress Recommendations - Hertfordshire
Rachel, 18 of August of 2022 at 10:00

Hi everyone, I am struggling with my wedding dress shopping. I went to Wed2be Milton Keynes a few weeks ago and loved it - I think I have found the style I want but I definitely didn't have that "this...

Emily, wednesday 21-Dec-22 4
T
Parents may not attend wedding
Tracy, 28 of November of 2022 at 06:00

My parents are in there mid 80’s now, my mom very unwell with dementia and my dad has Copd. I was very close to my mom but in recent years this has suffered. Due to the symptoms of the dementia she...

Sarah, friday 2-Dec-22 4
H
Best friend competing with my wedding
Honey, 30 of October of 2022 at 19:04

Just looking for some unbiased advice! My best friend is getting married 3 months after me and I thought our planning together would be fun, but it’s actually making me very stressed and anxious....

Emily, wednesday 2-Nov-22 9
K
Setting a Date
Kerri, 23 of October of 2022 at 13:09

Hello, me and my partner just got engaged and we're struggling to find a date for our wedding. We have a friends wedding and my 30th next year. We don't know whether to have our wedding in October...

Emily, tuesday 25-Oct-22 7
Kenna
Frustrated at family's lack of interest/support about our wedding
Kenna, 24 of October of 2022 at 17:08

Firstly to preface that I'm posting more to vent/for support than for advice. It's been a bit of an ongoing issue, but I'm getting a bit frustrated at my family's lack of interest and support for our...

Karen, thursday 26-Jan-23 8
R
Paying for a make up artist vs doing it yourself
Rahman, 23 of October of 2022 at 16:34

Is it worth it? Paying someone to do your makeup? I’m looking at spending £100ish and I just think it’s too much. I genuinely enjoy doing my own makeup and I’m quite good at it and I think if I focus...

Danielle, friday 28-Oct-22 14
Carly
Flat shoes for the big day
Carly, 17 of October of 2022 at 21:34

Hi all! Any advice most welcome. My fiamace is a tad taller then me but only by a touch. Therefore on our wedding day planning to where flat shoes with no if hardly any heel. Has anyone found so great...

Emily, thursday 20-Oct-22 5
George
Should i go to the party
George, 15 of October of 2022 at 20:06

Hey so my mother has a family party coming up and as I've started wearing dresses and ballet flats as a man I was planning on wearing that to the party but she recently messaged saying I should dress...

Emily, thursday 20-Oct-22 2

General groups

Hitched article topics