Skip to main content
Charlotte
Charlotte

Salisbury, Wiltshire · From May 2021

we are planning a wedding with a difference to encompass the joining of 2 families and I cannot wait to be his Mrs!

Happily married 🎉

30 April 2022

108days 4hours
H
Maid of Honour Advice
Hollie, Today at 06:41

I’m getting married in September and my maid of honour (and only bridesmaid) is planning to go on holiday the week before my wedding. I spoke to her a couple of weeks ago about my concerns, mostly the...

Chloe, 27 minutes ago 3
Samantha
Am i being silly? Family Drama long post
Samantha, Yesterday at 16:26

Hey everyone, i will try and cut this long story short. SO i am getting hitched on the 29th July 2023 ( 11 months to go). I have been with my partner since february this year and havent been apart...

Michelle, 5 hours ago 5
L
Dried flowers query
Lizzy, 14 August 2022 at 17:37

Hi my fiancé and I are getting married May 2023. I am looking at buying the dried flowers for the bouquet and boutonnières on Etsy. Does anyone have any idea of when the best time to buy these are?...

Jamie, yesterday at 14:08 3
Y
Bridesmaid dress advice
Yasmin, 14 August 2022 at 10:32

Hello, I’m new to wedding planning and we aren’t actually planning on getting married until 2025. I already know who I want my bridesmaids to be, but they all have different body shapes and sizes and...

Thierry, yesterday at 18:48 7
Ellie
Wedding table names query
Ellie, 14 August 2022 at 11:08

Myself and my partner would like to have our table names after our loved ones that we’ve recently lost (unfortunately in the past few years I’ve lost quite a few family members). I really want to...

RomanticGreenStation, sunday 14-Aug-22 2 1
Daisy
Bridesmaid dilemma
Daisy, 14 August 2022 at 12:13

My partner and I are getting married in July next year, I have already chosen my bridesmaids but now I'm having doubts. Can I cut 2 bridesmaid out of the bridal party if they gave gone completely...

Chloe, yesterday at 12:31 3
K
Noise limiters at venue
Katie, 10 August 2022 at 14:28

We're getting married at The Tudor Barn next May and are having problems booking bands/singers due to the noise restrictions. We wanted a proper party atmosphere and it sounds like we're not going to...

Katie, sunday 14-Aug-22 4
G
Cash Bar?
Gracef, 11 August 2022 at 21:18

I’m just looking for some advice really. I was chatting to a member of the family about the wedding the other day and mentioned that it’s a cash bar. He was shocked and looked at me horrified and said...

Mrsjones2024, sunday 14-Aug-22 11
K
What to ask/look for viewing venues?
Karen, 10 August 2022 at 11:23

Recently engaged and viewing our first venue tonight. What should I be asking? What should I be looking for in particular? All advice welcome (new to this and completely overwhelmed)

Mrsjones2024, sunday 14-Aug-22 3 1
Lequa
Restaurant wedding for 200 guests
Lequa, 10 August 2022 at 13:45

Hi guys, Hope you’re having a fab day! Was wondering if anyone knows any pet-friendly restaurants that holds wedding receptions for 200 guests (seated). Im Asian and it’s been so tough getting rid of...

Lequa, friday 12-Aug-22 2
W
Hair Trial
Wedding22F, 10 August 2022 at 22:38

Hi, I had my hair and make up trial yesterday and I really didn’t like the updo hairstyle on photos taken of the back of it. I’ve told the stylist but I don’t have the confidence she’ll be able to...

Wedding22F, thursday 11-Aug-22 2
Mike
Need to make a wedding website
Mike, 9 August 2022 at 15:55

Hi, I need to make a wedding website

Karen, yesterday at 12:42 2
S
Hen do etiquette
Sophie, 9 August 2022 at 19:11

Do you invite the girlfriends/wives of the fiancés groomsmen? I’ve noticed recently in a few hens the partners of the groomsmen have been in attendance. I get on well with them, so don’t mind inviting...

Chloe, thursday 11-Aug-22 4
Sapphire
When is too early to start planning?
Sapphire, 9 August 2022 at 18:02

Hi, Im getting married October 2023. I am only 21 but have been with my fiance since we were 15. We are viewing a venue next month and will probably book soon after as we are looking at half term...

Alison, thursday 11-Aug-22 9 1
Lydia
Bridesmaid Disaster!
Lydia, 8 August 2022 at 21:22

Evening, apologies in advance for the rant but I am feeling a bit frustrated and need to offload! We are due to get married in 9 weeks and today one of my two bridesmaids has bailed on me. I asked her...

Dr Vincent, thursday 11-Aug-22 14
Shannon
Family problems
Shannon, 9 August 2022 at 09:10

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I swear the most stressful thing about planning a wedding is other people? Everything i think is perfect for our small, low-key, simple wedding everyone else seems to think i'm doing...

Thomas, wednesday 10-Aug-22 10 1
R
May wedding colours
Rosina, 8 August 2022 at 18:26

Getting married the end of May next year and haven't decided on colours yet. All I have is lavender & yellow which I don't think my other half is big on or sage and blush which I do quite like and...

DavidNoify, friday 12-Aug-22 5
R
Dress straps alterations
Rebecca, 8 August 2022 at 20:17

Hi wondering if anyone can help I have my wedding dress which I love but don’t get married until next year, it has straps and I am wondering has anyone had there dress straps altered to become off the...

Michelle, wednesday 10-Aug-22 4
E
Bridesmaid dresses with sparkly wedding dress
Elsie, 8 August 2022 at 10:27

Hi everyone … first time posting on here! We are having a black tie wedding and my wedding dress has a sparkle/shimmer to it. Initially I was going to have champagne coloured bridesmaid dresses but...

Charlotte, monday 8-Aug-22 2 1
Natasha
Help me find my venue!
Natasha, 6 August 2022 at 22:24

Hey everyone! A weird question but I know someone out there will know the answer. I was watching love island (not ashamed) haha! And have completely fallen in love with the location that Gemma and...

Charlotte, monday 8-Aug-22 1
Thecotswoldbride
Ceremony music- live or recorded?!
Thecotswoldbride, 7 August 2022 at 10:26

Hi everyone, I’m struggling to decide whether we should have a harpist or violinist for our ceremony or use prerecorded music. For brides using prerecorded music how have you gone about this? Are you...

Chloe, monday 8-Aug-22 3
E
How did you choose the song you walked down the aisle to?
Elliesteed, 7 August 2022 at 15:49

Hi everyone, Partner and I are in the middle of planning our wedding and we are trying to pick a song for me to walk down the aisle too. How did you all pick your song? There are so many options and...

Chloe, monday 8-Aug-22 5
H
mob Veil Disagreement
Hannah, 7 August 2022 at 21:44

So I am struggling to find any thread/forum with this problem so thought I would share here. I am debating having a veil for my wedding and have found a new type (cape veil) which i like more than the...

Lucy, tuesday 9-Aug-22 6
Antoine
Moving guests into evening reception only
Antoine, 3 August 2022 at 08:58

Hello, We inputted our guestlist using a spreadsheet but all have automatically been put into ceremony. How do we move them into evening reception only without deleting them and re-assigning? Is there...

Charlotte, wednesday 3-Aug-22 3
A
Wedding colours
Ann-Marie, 26 July 2022 at 15:48

Where do you even start in choosing a wedding colour 😩

Michelle, wednesday 10-Aug-22 23 1
Samantha
Help! Where do you start!
Samantha, 31 July 2022 at 17:16

Good afternoon, So yesterday we viewed our wedding venue and have secured a date for the 29th July 2023. We are currently looking for a humanist also at a reasonable priced which is also great but...

Samantha, friday 5-Aug-22 10
Lea
What drinks to provide?
Lea, 1 August 2022 at 00:37

Hello everyone, Can anyone give advice about drinks at a wedding? So we have 50 guests of which two thirds drink alcohol and the rest don't drink alcohol or very little (a glass or two, if that). We...

Lea, monday 1-Aug-22 4
Charlotte
Introducing the new Mrs Young!!
Charlotte, 9 May 2022 at 14:28

We did it!! The stresses and worries about the weather were pointless as despite rain, cold and grey skys for a week before and predictied for the day, I awoke to wall to wall sunshine on the day!!...

Michelle, monday 1-Aug-22 38 3
S
Invitations!!! How early did you send them out?
Sherralee, 30 July 2022 at 12:24

How early did you send your invitations out? We dont get married till June 2024, but im so excited to get started. Is it too early to send invitations out?I kinda want to do them now as im off work...

Kirsty, wednesday 3-Aug-22 6
Silvana
Dress alterations, how much?
Silvana, 30 July 2022 at 14:00

Hi all! Have you got any idea how much could it cost an alteration on the wedding dress? I would like to change the neckline which is straight and give it a more "heart shape". Would it be more or...

Maxwell, monday 1-Aug-22 6
L
Booked my date!
LuxuriousIvoryHair75551, 29 July 2022 at 20:41

Hey guys! Just booked my date for 15th May next year 🥰 Is anyone else doing a very small intimate ceremony? We're only inviting immediate family and close friends so around 20 guests altogether. We're...

Lorraine, saturday 30-Jul-22 6
A
Is my engagement ring too big?
Alison, 28 July 2022 at 16:10

I am going round and round in circles about getting my engagement ring resized. Today it is cool and it feels too loose. I actually tried to prove to myself it wouldn’t come off on it’s own and...

Kate, saturday 13-Aug-22 12

General groups

Hitched article topics