Lucy

Hythe, Hampshire · From June 2021

Happily married 🎉

3 of September of 2022

606days 23hours
Lucy
The big day is here!
Lucy, 3 of September of 2022 at 05:49

Our wedding day is finally here. It’s 5.45am and I can’t sleep, too excited!! Good luck to all the other brides and grooms getting married soon. Cherish every moment! x

RomanticGreenStation, saturday 3-Sep-22 4 134 1
Nyarai
Venue problems
Nyarai, 1 of September of 2022 at 11:38

Hi I need some help don’t know who to turn to. We are getting married in 3 days and the venue has emailed us to say that their lift is not working. Now I have vendors bringing a dance floor, DJ...

Nyarai, friday 2-Sep-22 11
L
How to have a wedding without a reception and still feel like a wedding
Lisa, 14 of July of 2022 at 18:05

As mentioned in my last post, due to my fiancé’s ill health We’ll be getting married asap at registrars with his brothers and kids and a friend of mine. I know we can’t have a traditional reception...

Michelle, tuesday 7-Mar-23 34
R
Alternative to traditional bridesmaids
RomanticBrownDiamonds401, 29 of August of 2022 at 20:10

Hey, So my long term partner and I are just beginning to plan a small wedding, (c60 guests). Over half of that is family, so of the remaining 20 or so guests, 5 of them I would chose to be...

Cassy, monday 26-Sep-22 18
Lucy
Wedding nails
Lucy, 16 of August of 2022 at 21:10

Really silly little thing but I am getting my nails done the day before my wedding and don’t know what colour to get them done. I was thinking maybe a little pastel colour or traditional French...

LillianPeterson, tuesday 3-Jan-23 21
E
Gifts
Ebony, 30 of August of 2022 at 22:35

My fiancé and I got engaged last year but postponed the wedding due to ivf treatments but we've now bought it forward due to family illness. Initially we were going to ask for money as gifts but my...

Ebony, friday 2-Sep-22 6
Km86
Going Overboard
Km86, 29 of August of 2022 at 13:30

I've become a bit obsessed with our wedding being the best wedding our guests have ever been to, I'm now at the point of am I doing things because we want them or because the guests will love it. I've...

Kirsty, friday 2-Sep-22 13
J
Engagement
Joanna, 30 of August of 2022 at 20:39

Hi. I'm looking for some advice. We just got engaged and no one sent us any engagement cards. I have had a couple of difficult years and I thought everyone would be overjoyed. I feel quite sad no one...

Megan, thursday 8-Sep-22 23
K
Wedding favours
Keri, 18 of August of 2022 at 11:29

Do people still do wedding favours for their guests, I’m not sure if it’s still expected or not?

Michailygp, sunday 21-Aug-22 17
T
Wedding dress
Tina, 17 of August of 2022 at 22:50

Heyy how soon did you all buy your wedding dress I have seen my dream dress but I still have 11 months till my wedding and I don't no if I should wait till closer to the time

Anonbride, thursday 18-Aug-22 4
L
What’s everyone having in their hair?
Lisa, 12 of August of 2022 at 23:30

What do you think of this hair accessory? Style to be a bit messier / undone than this pic.

Lisa, tuesday 16-Aug-22 13
Tammy
Bride speeches
Tammy, 13 of August of 2022 at 19:55

Are there any brides doing a speech and if so what have you included? thank you

Lisa, wednesday 17-Aug-22 5
Katie
Backlash from family over band
Katie, 13 of August of 2022 at 23:01

Hi! I need some help. My partner and I are big rockers. Not into pop music at all. Although we tolerate discos at other people's weddings, this is not our thing at all. We were really excited about...

Pedrosveb, thursday 18-Aug-22 11
S
Am i being selfish? Venue drama!
Sophie, 14 of August of 2022 at 04:17

Hi, Im sorry in advance if this isn't in the right place, I just was hoping for some completely independent advice! My partner and I have found our dream wedding venue, but my parents are concerned...

Clay, thursday 1-Sep-22 51
Hayley
Gifts
Hayley, 18 of June of 2022 at 13:02

Hello, is everyone getting gifts for parents, bridesmaids and best men? Just looking for some ideas please. Thanks.

Anonbride, tuesday 13-Sep-22 6
R
Honeymoon Destinations
Robyn Amos, 28 of March of 2022 at 21:19

Where is everyone having their honeymoon??🥰

David, monday 11-Dec-23 41 1
Sinéad
Makeup trial for wedding
Sinéad, 8 of August of 2022 at 17:50

Had my makeup trial on Saturday. I don't wear makeup usually unless going out to dinner or something. I asked for a natural look and I think my makeup artist nailed it. What do you ladies think ?...

Lucy, tuesday 9-Aug-22 4
H
mob Veil Disagreement
Hannah, 7 of August of 2022 at 21:44

So I am struggling to find any thread/forum with this problem so thought I would share here. I am debating having a veil for my wedding and have found a new type (cape veil) which i like more than the...

Lucy, tuesday 9-Aug-22 6
P
Evening Food
Patricia, 27 of July of 2022 at 13:41

We'll be having a small wedding of 50 guests, with no evening guests, and we will be serving the 3-course sit-down meal at 6PM, and the cake cutting around 8.30-9 PM (cakes will be served with teas...

Thomas.stevens, tuesday 5-Sep-23 10
T
Pre wedding Spa Day
Terri, 28 of July of 2022 at 10:19

I am getting married in October and my lovely MIL is taking me to a spa day in September. When she initially agreed the date with me I was clear of my period but a recent late period means I'll be on...

KatelynnRamsey, tuesday 27-Dec-22 5
J
i don’t like wedding dresses…
Jenna, 28 of July of 2022 at 16:04

Has anyone had any experience of essentially looking at wedding dresses online… and not liking them? I have yet to see a picture of a dress that I would really like to try on! We get married August...

Niketa, friday 7-Oct-22 16 1
Leanne
any September 2022 Brides?
Leanne, 24 of July of 2022 at 10:41

Hey just wanted to shout out to any ladies getting married in September so i can get giddy with them and share some excitement. At home i have been banned from talking about the wedding on a Wednesday...

Leanne, wednesday 27-Jul-22 20
Charlotte
Introducing the new Mrs Young!!
Charlotte, 9 of May of 2022 at 14:28

We did it!! The stresses and worries about the weather were pointless as despite rain, cold and grey skys for a week before and predictied for the day, I awoke to wall to wall sunshine on the day!!...

vidamedicos.com, tuesday 5-Mar-24 52 4
xkimx007
Dance Lessons
xkimx007, 28 of April of 2022 at 00:02

Hi all, Wondered what everyone's thoughts were on dance lessons before the big day? I don't want to choreograph anything (neither of us are dancers and so however hard we might try I feel like it will...

Lucy, wednesday 20-Jul-22 5
Amie
Top table divorcees!!
Amie, 19 of July of 2022 at 13:21

Help Why does the bride always have to sit next to the FOB? Brides parents are divorced and it’s toxic. Bride wants to sit next to her Mum. Groom wants to sit next to either his parents or his best...

LuxuriousGoldConfett, sunday 24-Jul-22 14
Amy
How to keep my real flower bouquet?!
Amy, 4 of July of 2022 at 20:18

Hi, we are having real flowers for our wedding. I really want to keep my bouquet of cala lillies after the big day. Does anyone know how that can be done, if it needs to be next day? Or any businesses...

Mrsg, monday 8-Apr-24 7
Yorkshirelass
Covid worries
Yorkshirelass, 5 of July of 2022 at 20:09

We are getting married on 23rd of this month and I’ve started getting very worried about Covid😳 I’m not an anxious person or a drama queen but I’m worrying a lot about people pulling out in general in...

Michelle, saturday 23-Jul-22 17
C
Bridesmaid/groomsmen Gifts
Catherine, 4 of July of 2022 at 18:24

Hello all! I am struggling to think of ideas for gifts for the bridesmaids and groomsmen! We don’t want to spend a fortune but want to get them something to thank them. I am not wanting to get things...

Lucy, friday 8-Jul-22 4
Sophie
Wedding Day Timings!/hair & Makeup Advice
Sophie, 6 of July of 2022 at 21:21

Hello! Our wedding day isnt until Feb 2024 but I'm suuuuuper organised! I have 5 bridesmaids and me to get ready on the day and our ceremony starts at 2pm. Im thinking of getting hairstylists/MUA to...

Charlotte, monday 18-Jul-22 3
Lauren
Wedding Venues!
Lauren, 3 of July of 2022 at 19:34

Hello everyone! We’re from Kent! We’ve booked a venue but we are second thinking after recently being to a wedding there! We also don’t want to spend that much money on a venue! Can anyone recommend...

Lucy, monday 4-Jul-22 1
Lucy
Legal preliminary meeting
Lucy, 28 of June of 2022 at 22:13

Hi, we have our legal preliminary meeting next week with the registrar to provide documents etc. Please can someone who has already had this tell me how long the appointment usually takes as we are...

Richard, wednesday 29-Jun-22 2 125

General groups

Hitched article topics