Amanda

Leicester, Leicestershire · From October 2021

Happily married 🎉

26 of November of 2022

513days 23hours
A
Good quality wedding album printing
Amanda, 30 of January of 2023 at 18:31

I’d like to make some mini wedding album gifts for my parents and In-laws but the price from the photographers is a bit too steep for ordering multiple options (£250 for 20 pages). Does anyone have...

Timothyecorp, saturday 11-Feb-23 8
Emilyt
Urgent Help/advice
Emilyt, 11 of November of 2022 at 18:46

So we planned for a wedding in Ireland (where I grew up and my family live there) and we now live in Essex. Most of our guests (around 45 out of thr 60) are going to be travelling from essex/London....

Emma, monday 21-Nov-22 7
Katie
Getting the wdding day smile
Katie, 9 of November of 2022 at 09:00

Hello all! We are eloping in June next year and I am already thinking about wedding day prep! How have people managed to ensure their smile is perfect and their teeth are shiny white? Can anyone...

Ann, thursday 23-Mar-23 7
A
Where to print table plan cards and table names?
Amanda, 10 of October of 2022 at 09:41

Hi all, I’ve designed table plan cards on Canva (individual cards per table which we’ll stick to the venues board) but I am really struggling to work out where to print these. There will be 8 to print...

Stuart, wednesday 19-Oct-22 9
P
At weddings why do people have speeches before the food?
Pink, 1 of October of 2022 at 14:44

Isn't it better to do the speeches after everyone has been fed and watered? They will enjoy them more and won't be hungry and cranky lol

Hannah, wednesday 5-Oct-22 15 1
S
Potential Menu Ideas
Sian, 23 of August of 2022 at 16:34

So I’m really after the opinions of meat- eaters about what you’d like to eat if you was invited to a vegetarian wedding? We’re going to be offering two options to guests but both will be vegetarian...

Johanpeter, wednesday 3-May-23 11
A
Is my engagement ring too big?
Alison, 28 of July of 2022 at 16:10

I am going round and round in circles about getting my engagement ring resized. Today it is cool and it feels too loose. I actually tried to prove to myself it wouldn’t come off on it’s own and...

Tanvi, friday 25-Nov-22 12
Estina
Venue pricing.
Estina, 24 of July of 2022 at 15:02

Hello all, I think I'm spiralling out of control (lots of worry) as I feel like we will never be able to afford our wedding.We initially discussed a weekend wedding in August due to time limits. We...

Hayley, monday 25-Jul-22 9
Stephanie
Can i organise a wedding in 8 months?
Stephanie, 24 of July of 2022 at 18:11

We got engaged in April and were hoping to getting married in April 2023, but finding the right venue has taken longer than I thought! We think we have the right venue now but it isn't local to us so...

Emma, wednesday 27-Jul-22 8
A
Table Runner Hire Costs
Amanda, 7 of July of 2022 at 17:37

I was just wondering if anyone had hired table runners for their wedding breakfast tables and the rough coat per runner you paid? I’ve been having a quick look and the ones I’ve found end up being...

Hayley, sunday 10-Jul-22 3 106
A
Original source of these flower girl outfits?
Amanda, 23 of June of 2022 at 15:00

I’ve seen lots of flower girl outfits online on Etsy which look pretty much identical (white lace crop top with long tulle skirt). They are so similar I think most of the sellers have purchased from...

Helen, thursday 23-Jun-22 3
N
Wedding Dress Panic
Niko, 18 of June of 2022 at 23:56

Hello! I’m supposed to be getting married in December 2022, and after reading these forums I’ve realized I’ve left it too late. I didn’t realize how long it would take to sort the dress out. Urm… What...

Michelle, monday 14-Nov-22 17
C
To videographer or not?
Cheryl, 8 of June of 2022 at 19:04

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if any of you have had discussions about a videographer at your weddings? I am guessing that a photographer doesn't do videos alongside the photos? Would this be a 2 person...

Rebecca, sunday 12-Jun-22 10
Bethan
Invitations
Bethan, 17 of May of 2022 at 08:16

Am I putting too much effort into our invitations? I've been looking around for a couple of days, have found some beautiful ones online - but when you add everything up, it comes to shy of £275 😲 I...

Chloe, wednesday 1-Jun-22 22
R
Wedding Dress nightmare
Rebecca, 30 of April of 2022 at 13:03

We were due to marry in 2020 and like lots of people had to postpone. Various dates later that has to get moved we actually marry on the 21 May (a few weeks time). BUT I hate my dress. I have had a...

MariaFruic367, saturday 7-May-22 6
Z
Help me choose my dress
Zoe, 27 of November of 2021 at 16:42

Hi My issue isn’t finding a dress I like, it’s finding one I don't like! I would appreciate frank and honest opinions please. I’m an older bride, 48 so are any of these too young? Thanks. M

Michelle, tuesday 5-Apr-22 21
Yds86
Large Ferrero Stand - where to hire from?
Yds86, 6 of March of 2022 at 09:21

Does anyone know where I could buy or hire one of these?!

Yds86, tuesday 8-Mar-22 3
L
How much did did your wedding cost? (i need a rough guide please)
Laura, 2 of March of 2022 at 19:10

Quite a personal question, sorry. But we are so close to booking our venue, and I feel we need a budget. But online the budgets vary so much! So I’d like an idea from a real bride. I’m Midlands based...

Laura, sunday 12-Jun-22 15
H
Veil over or under bun?
Holly, 23 of February of 2022 at 11:42

I am wearing the pearly veil from Grace Loves Lace and have a low/mid low bun for my wedding day. I’m undecided between having the veil over or under my bun. Does anyone have comments/experiences as...

Hannah, sunday 27-Feb-22 6
K
Need some dress reassurance please :(
Kate, 22 of February of 2022 at 10:55

So, I've bought my dress! I was really happy at the time but think I'm having post-purchase wobbles (it's fully paid for, so no going back!). It's a lovely dress, but not at all what I thought I...

JimlFadetaupe, friday 25-Feb-22 10
H
Feeling emotional after dress try on!
Hannah, 20 of February of 2022 at 17:11

Hi ladies! Very strange, random question, but did anyone else feel super emotional after their first dress try on? I went for my first dress try on yesterday with my mum and I wasn’t expecting to get...

Melissab, monday 21-Feb-22 6
SarraLovesJohnAlwaysandForever
Hi hitched
SarraLovesJohnAlwaysandForever, 16 of February of 2022 at 18:18

Hi hitched We are not getting hitched until Saturday 25th November 2023 so why does it say we are already married on my profile for

Amanda, thursday 17-Feb-22 4
Anonbride
Wedding band/ring stack - is this overkill? What are you all having?
Anonbride, 13 of February of 2022 at 09:16

My engagement ring is an unusual but beautiful oval ruby with diamond cluster surround. I’m wondering whether I could pair it with my grandma’s eternity ring and use this as my wedding band - or...

Anonbride, monday 14-Feb-22 8
Kayleigh
Rounds or rectangles?
Kayleigh, 9 of February of 2022 at 10:18

What are people going for table wise? They've put rounds on my booking but I can change that if I want. I'm so unsure about how to set everyone 😭

KelleyWheele, thursday 10-Nov-22 9
Dee85
10 weeks to go & no dress! Help!
Dee85, 3 of February of 2022 at 00:19

Hi lovely ladies, I have 10 weeks to go & no dress- long story! I have been advised to try Wed2b & Wed4less, has anyone had experience with them? Stressed! Many thanks in advance

Bal, thursday 10-Feb-22 16
B
Wedding Photography
Beth, 20 of January of 2022 at 18:34

Hi all Is it naive to think I can get a photographer for £600-£800? I only want a digital option (no albums to be made) but its looking like its £1000+ which I really don’t have budget for.We would...

Andrea, sunday 5-Nov-23 31 1
S
Cheshire / Derbyshire Wedding Venues
Shannon, 18 of January of 2022 at 00:39

Hi all! I’m looking for recommendations on venues in Cheshire or Derbyshire, ideally one that can host a civil ceremony and reception. I’m planning on an autumn wedding and going for a “starry night”...

Amanda, tuesday 18-Jan-22 2
J
Vegan, gluten-free & nut free wedding cake - North London recommendations
JLJ, 16 of January of 2022 at 20:19

Hello, We are having a more traditional wedding cake that doesn't cater for vegans or anyone with any dietary requirements but also plan on having a second cake that is suitable for vegans and anyone...

Laura, monday 17-Jan-22 5
S
Ideal Gift for a newly wed
SunnyGreenFlowers81256, 20 of January of 2020 at 00:02

Hi can you make a comment of what are the best option gift that you want to received as a newly wed been thinking about it is it ok to have a Himalayan rock salts as a Gift i'm on a tight budget right...

Finn, wednesday 29-Jun-22 2

General groups

Hitched article topics