Skip to main content
Ostira
Ostira

Durham City, Durham · From April 2022

We’ve been together 7 years and getting married on Halloween 2023 at our local R.C church.

Happily married 🎉

31 of October of 2023

177days 16hours
A
Halloweddings!
AmesLou, 16 of November of 2022 at 17:46

Is anyone else here getting married on or near Halloween? Are you incorporating Halloween into your wedding and, if so, how are you doing it? We're going to be incorporating some gothic halloween...

AmesLou, saturday 17-Dec-22 8
J
Am i overreacting to these rules?
Jazz, 16 of November of 2022 at 15:40

My partners brother and his girlfriend are getting married in 2024. We are all really excited for them. Since my partners brother proposed in 2020 they have told my partner and I that we cannot ‘do...

RomanticGreenStation, tuesday 7-Nov-23 48
I
Where to buy an engagement ring?
Ian, 5 of August of 2022 at 08:43

Hi, This might seem a bit obvious! but generally where is good to go? What sort of thing should I look for? Thanks.

Ostira, thursday 24-Nov-22 10
Ostira
Babies & Weddings
Ostira, 13 of September of 2022 at 17:30

Hi, so my sister recently gave birth a few weeks ago and I wasn’t expecting the rollercoaster emotions for myself! I’m planning my wedding for next year and her pregnancy and baby has always been at...

Michelle, wednesday 19-Oct-22 13
S
Marriage schedule
SunnyGreenCars84819, 29 of August of 2022 at 20:02

Hey guys I missed my appointment to hand in my marriage schedule and I’m panicking. It was today and I thought it was tomorrow. Do u think this will be ok if I run up tomorrow?

Ostira, friday 9-Sep-22 3
Z
Choosing my dress - how soon is too soon?
Zoë, 24 of August of 2022 at 20:49

Hello my fellow bride to be’s, I have recently got engaged and am so excited to be getting married. Whilst we aren’t massively planning the wedding because we’ve chosen to wait a couple of years to...

Muhammad, friday 9-Sep-22 9 1
K
Budget Dress in person
Katrina, 27 of August of 2022 at 08:00

Hi Brides, How are you all? I am looking for places in person I can try on wedding dresses £500 and under. We have a tight budget for our wedding as we've just bought a house and are renovating it...

Olena, wednesday 2-Nov-22 17 2
P
The night before / getting ready
Phillipa, 29 of August of 2022 at 10:02

Hey all, we've just booked our wedding! We were just wondering what most of you have done / planned to do for accommodation (our venue doesn't have rooms on site). Do we spend the night before...

Scottchets, saturday 10-Sep-22 8 1
Z
Fiancé divorced - church wedding
Zoë, 31 of August of 2022 at 13:57

Hi All, My fiancé is divorced and whilst that doesn’t bother me I am worried it will have an impact on our chances of getting married in a church. I’ve always dreamt of getting married where my...

Ostira, tuesday 6-Sep-22 6
E
Dresses
Esme, 2 of September of 2022 at 10:16

Hello Everyone. I just got married a couple of days ago and I was wondering if there was any places to sell the stuff for my wedding. Thanks A lot. Esme

Niketa, friday 7-Oct-22 4
D
Sarah's cakes and bakes
Dena, 4 of September of 2022 at 10:46

We ordered and paid for a wedding cake from this lady. On the day of the wedding we received a text message, yes text!, 20 minutes past delivery time, to say that the cake had collapsed and she was a...

Ostira, tuesday 6-Sep-22 1
K
Catholic wedding no mass; oh non-religious
Kate, 4 of September of 2022 at 14:48

Hi everyone! Newly engaged and starting to plan our wedding. I want to be married in my childhood church which is catholic I have spoken to the priest who is happy to marry us. My OH is not religious...

Ruth, tuesday 6-Sep-22 2
B
Photographer
Bal, 2 of September of 2022 at 12:50

Hi guys. I need advise about my photographer. I got married on 18 June and had an amazing day. My photographer from the moment he arrived did not speak a single word to us. He only spoke to myself...

Muhammad, friday 9-Sep-22 15
JoJo&Lee
Feel duped by the photographer
JoJo&Lee, 6 of September of 2022 at 09:50

So we got our wedding photos sent to us in a link last night. Its taken 57 days to provide them. The contract said 3-6 weeks for editing. We paid £1200 for 2 photographers for the day to cover getting...

Ostira, tuesday 6-Sep-22 7
J
Engagement
Joanna, 30 of August of 2022 at 20:39

Hi. I'm looking for some advice. We just got engaged and no one sent us any engagement cards. I have had a couple of difficult years and I thought everyone would be overjoyed. I feel quite sad no one...

Megan, thursday 8-Sep-22 23
Ostira
Dress Doubt?
Ostira, 27 of May of 2022 at 21:34

Hi all, I’m a bit stuck! I thought I had my ideal wedding outfit planned out (a white dress with a lace angel sleeve and small train, long lace veil and flat shoes) but now I am rethinking. We are...

Michelle, sunday 28-Aug-22 42
Chloe
How soon is too soon for Wed2b
Chloe, 21 of August of 2022 at 16:34

Hi all! I'm super keen on trying wedding dresses but the wedding isn't until Oct 23, I'm looking at trying dresses in Sept 22, is that too soon? For context I'm going to Wed2B so you walk away with...

Melanie, monday 21-Nov-22 12
Shannon
Family problems
Shannon, 9 of August of 2022 at 09:10

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I swear the most stressful thing about planning a wedding is other people? Everything i think is perfect for our small, low-key, simple wedding everyone else seems to think i'm doing...

Jonas, monday 22-Aug-22 10 1
Ostira
North East Photographers?
Ostira, 7 of August of 2022 at 19:06

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you lovely people could forward me some photographers based in the north east? We only want a few photos of the ceremony and maybe one or two afterwards with either...

Ostira, sunday 7-Aug-22 30
Thecotswoldbride
Ceremony music- live or recorded?!
Thecotswoldbride, 7 of August of 2022 at 10:26

Hi everyone, I’m struggling to decide whether we should have a harpist or violinist for our ceremony or use prerecorded music. For brides using prerecorded music how have you gone about this? Are you...

Anonbride, monday 8-Aug-22 3
E
How did you choose the song you walked down the aisle to?
Elliesteed, 7 of August of 2022 at 15:49

Hi everyone, Partner and I are in the middle of planning our wedding and we are trying to pick a song for me to walk down the aisle too. How did you all pick your song? There are so many options and...

Anonbride, monday 8-Aug-22 5
Ostira
Catholic Church Fees?
Ostira, 27 of July of 2022 at 23:14

Hi everyone, For a long time we’d planned our wedding at Gretna Green but due to some new circumstances that’s come up that may not be possible so we’re looking into a more local alternative. We were...

Hoa, thursday 11-Aug-22 16 1
R
Scotland vs England giving notice
Ruth, 2 of August of 2022 at 17:26

Hello! We're getting married in England but live in Glasgow. Glasgow council have said that one of us needs to give notice in England to get married there. As evidence of living there for 7 days...

Ruth, wednesday 8-Feb-23 8
S
Elopement wedding, Fire at me some destinations/venues please anyone ?
Sophie, 3 of August of 2022 at 00:03

Hey all, we've been engaged now for many years and are looking to elope due to many reasons. 1. Being cost 2. My partner doesn't speak with his family 3. I'm very reserved, don't like all eyes on me...

Michelle, sunday 7-Aug-22 19
B
Help!
Beth, 28 of July of 2022 at 15:54

Where does one even start with planning a wedding! I've been engaged for 2 years and thinking of getting married in 2024 but I'm stuck. I have an image in my head of what I want but other then that...

Alison, sunday 31-Jul-22 9
J
i don’t like wedding dresses…
Jenna, 28 of July of 2022 at 16:04

Has anyone had any experience of essentially looking at wedding dresses online… and not liking them? I have yet to see a picture of a dress that I would really like to try on! We get married August...

Niketa, friday 7-Oct-22 16 1
R
Family feud over adults only wedding
Rachel, 27 of July of 2022 at 16:37

Hello everyone! Looking for some help/advice/opinions on a really difficult situation my fiance and I are facing planning our big day. Would really appreciate your honest response 😊 So we've been...

Michelle, thursday 28-Jul-22 17
Z
First dance
Zoe, 9 of June of 2022 at 09:30

We have just over 3 weeks until our wedding and we’re dreading the first dance! We practiced last night and whilst it was very funny, it was also awful! What do?!

Ostira, wednesday 27-Jul-22 15 1
A
How long is a “long engagement”?
Alison, 21 of July of 2022 at 19:11

Just that really, Future FIL made a comment the other day about us having a long engagement and it annoyed me a little bit. Our wedding is booked so it’s not like we are one of those couples who will...

Christina, friday 7-Oct-22 10
A
Wedding colours
Ann-Marie, 26 of July of 2022 at 15:48

Where do you even start in choosing a wedding colour 😩

Michelle, wednesday 10-Aug-22 21 1

General groups

Hitched article topics