Ebony

London - East, East London · From January 2021

Happily married 🎉

15 of October of 2022

551days 15hours
C
Is 12 months too little to plan?!
Cr, 11 of March of 2023 at 20:51

Hi all! I am very newly engaged but my partner and I are keen for a Spring 2023 wedding. However, upon reviewing a lot of the forums here and knowing couples in similar situations, I feel like most...

Caroline, saturday 18-Mar-23 36
E
Editing wedding pics
Ebony, 19 of January of 2023 at 11:41

Hello, I got married in October and couldn't be happier with the memories of the day and the pics. The photographer was wonderful but in some, due to me finding everything hilarious and chucking my...

Retrobride, sunday 22-Jan-23 3 165
H
Walking down the aisle drama
Honey, 29 of December of 2022 at 18:48

Looking for some unbiased opinions please! I’m not close to my real dad at all. He’s never been there for me emotionally or financially. Despite living 20 minutes away, I only see him around 3 times a...

Terryvoice, tuesday 6-Feb-24 11 1
Silvia
Wedding coordinator
Silvia, 18 of November of 2022 at 15:04

Hi, does anyone have a good recommendation for a wedding coordinator under 10k? We are just starting to plan our wedding and only enquired with a few of them, but 10k seems like a huge amount of money...

Ebony, saturday 26-Nov-22 4
J
Am i overreacting to these rules?
Jazz, 16 of November of 2022 at 15:40

My partners brother and his girlfriend are getting married in 2024. We are all really excited for them. Since my partners brother proposed in 2020 they have told my partner and I that we cannot ‘do...

RomanticGreenStation, tuesday 7-Nov-23 48
S
Difficult father & bridesmaid... Help!
Sejal, 15 of November of 2022 at 09:29

Hello, Our wedding is only 5 weeks away and we are having issues with my dad, stepmum and sister... My fiance originally had 5 bridesmaids - her sisters and best friends - and didn't want a football...

Sejal, monday 21-Nov-22 13
E
Drugs at a wedding?
Ebony, 4 of November of 2022 at 12:14

So I found out one of my bridesmaids offered two of the groomsmens wives cocaine at my wedding and I honestly don't know how to feel about it. I know this bridesmaid takes drugs, we've been friends...

Crystal, friday 4-Nov-22 2 93
Emma
Keeping maiden name
Emma, 28 of October of 2022 at 15:28

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were in regards to keeping my maiden name, but going by 'Ms' after we wed. I've had my name for 33 years now, and we lost my dad last year, so keeping it...

Yolandadum, monday 7-Nov-22 9
C
Evening food
Charley, 2 of November of 2022 at 12:25

Hi! We are currently planning our wedding for next October and are wondering how common it is to put on extra food for the evening? Is it worth doing because it is coming out at over £1k!

Lizzie, friday 4-Nov-22 4
C
Wedding Dress Shopping
Crystal, 2 of November of 2022 at 15:20

For those who have recently bought their dress, did you try it and buy it in store or order online? How much (roughly) did you pay or what was your budget?

Crystal, thursday 3-Nov-22 4
A
Hiring or diy wedding reception decorations
Aimee, 21 of October of 2022 at 22:18

So we are in 2 minds wether to splash out and get the professionals in to decorate the reception for us or go in ourselves the day before or a couple days before to do it all.!!! Going to have a...

Emily, sunday 30-Oct-22 7
Zoë
Wedding rings
Zoë, 27 of October of 2022 at 17:06

Hello Hitchers, Are you and your spouses to be having matching wedding rings? Or anyone already married … do you and your spouses have matching wedding rings? I thought I wanted us to have matching...

Johan, monday 5-Dec-22 11
E
Name change
Ebony, 23 of October of 2022 at 17:06

Hi all, hubby and I finally tied to knot last week what what can only be described as the most perfect day. My maiden name is double barrelled and I'd like to keep it and add my husbands name but I'm...

Anonbride, tuesday 25-Oct-22 1 129
D
Guest didn’t give a gift, should we say anything?
Dean, 11 of October of 2022 at 17:37

Hi all… so we got married on 1st - the day was fab (couldn’t have gone any better). We loved it and our guests did too. After the event and we’re now preparing thank you cards for everyone, everyone...

JamesCef, wednesday 9-Nov-22 8
Leah
Price of mua?!
Leah, 12 of October of 2022 at 16:50

Hey ladies, would really appreciate hearing how much you're paying for your bridal makeup? I've been quoted £180 just for me (bride), and £90 for additions (bridesmaid, MoB etc) from a MUA I...

Ebony, thursday 20-Oct-22 9
C
Fake or Real?
Crystal, 12 of October of 2022 at 23:14

Hi everyone, For those who’ve sorted out they’re flowers, have you opted for fake or real? Does anyone know the rough difference in price?

Sophie, friday 21-Oct-22 6
E
Photographer
Ellen, 14 of October of 2022 at 09:02

Anyone got any top tips for finding a good and affordable photographer? I don’t know what to ask or what to look for and I feel like I am going round in circles :/

Tehjpal, tuesday 13-Jun-23 5
Shona
Legal
Shona, 20 of October of 2022 at 10:07

Hi all, I'm getting married on the 1st of November 2023, I live in Nottinghamshire, but the venue is in Derbyshire, I am so confused I have no idea on how to register the date ect.... HELP

Ebony, thursday 20-Oct-22 2
Rhian
Do they have to say my surname?
Rhian, 20 of October of 2022 at 12:45

Help me please, past brides or people with wedding knowledge. Without trauma dumping, my surname isn’t my birth name, it was changed when I was a child to a man’s who was my abuser and I cannot wait...

Rhian, monday 25-Sep-23 21
E
Epi pens - where to hide?
Ebony, 9 of October of 2022 at 18:06

Hi all, I'm getting married next Saturday and ive realised ice nowhere to put my epi pens. My dress is fitted with no pockets and my bag is small and pretty and can only fit my make up. I don't want...

FL., monday 10-Oct-22 3 93
E
Activity packs for 13 yrar olds.
Ebony, 17 of September of 2022 at 08:41

Hi, can anyone share ideas for activity packs for a boy and a girl both aged 13. We have 4 younger children attending and have purchased colouring in place mats but there doesn't seem to be much for...

ThomasShexy, thursday 22-Sep-22 2
Shannon
moh crisis
Shannon, 13 of September of 2022 at 12:23

Hi everyone this is my first time I've came up with an issue and I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on what to do, my MOH is my oldest neice she's 22 and I chose her because she's young enough...

Sinéad, friday 16-Sep-22 15
Sam_c_93
Wedding insurance that would cover a cancer relapse
Sam_c_93, 21 of July of 2020 at 14:22

Hi all I am planning a Feb 2022 wedding and the shadow behind all my excitement is the fact I had cancer last year. I am in remission as of November 2019 but I worry nonetheless and simply can't...

Ebony, sunday 4-Sep-22 4
J
Engagement
Joanna, 30 of August of 2022 at 20:39

Hi. I'm looking for some advice. We just got engaged and no one sent us any engagement cards. I have had a couple of difficult years and I thought everyone would be overjoyed. I feel quite sad no one...

Megan, thursday 8-Sep-22 23
B
Photographer
Bal, 2 of September of 2022 at 12:50

Hi guys. I need advise about my photographer. I got married on 18 June and had an amazing day. My photographer from the moment he arrived did not speak a single word to us. He only spoke to myself...

Muhammad, friday 9-Sep-22 15
E
Wedding dress underwear for brown people
Ebony, 30 of August of 2022 at 21:27

Hi, I'm for recommendations for bridal underwear, preferably somewhere i can try stuff on in London. My dress is strapless and close fitting and due to my skin colour and the colour of my dress white...

Ebony, friday 2-Sep-22 2
E
Gifts
Ebony, 30 of August of 2022 at 22:35

My fiancé and I got engaged last year but postponed the wedding due to ivf treatments but we've now bought it forward due to family illness. Initially we were going to ask for money as gifts but my...

Ebony, friday 2-Sep-22 6
E
What to do to fill the time?
Ebony, 22 of August of 2022 at 18:43

We're having a slightly rushed wedding due to family illness and have managed to book our registry office a reception venue. Unfortunately, we were only able to hire the registra and venue from 11:45...

Lisa, sunday 28-Aug-22 5
E
Photographer recommendation
Ebony, 23 of August of 2022 at 08:28

Hello, I'm looking for wedding photographer recommendation. We've had to bring our wedding forward due to family illness and we're realising a London wedding is expensive and there's no getting away...

Charlotte, tuesday 23-Aug-22 1 79

General groups

Hitched article topics