Sloufish

Sheffield, South Yorkshire · From January 2021

Happily married 🎉

12 of August of 2023

251days 19hours
Nicola
Bridal shoes flats or heels?
Nicola, 15 of May of 2023 at 19:52

I really like the idea of wearing some nice flats for my wedding day but my dress is a ball gown and I feel like heels would possibly suit it better. Did anyone else wear flats or heels and regretted...

Katherine, wednesday 17-May-23 6
T
Jenny Packham Dress
Tamara, 1 of May of 2023 at 18:48

I have fallen in love with the Jenny Packham ‘Montana’ dress but can’t find it anywhere. Does anyone know of any similar style dresses or secondhand sites I could look on. Thanks

Tamara, tuesday 2-May-23 6
Joanne
Comfortable shoes help!
Joanne, 26 of April of 2023 at 07:32

Hi, I am looking for comfortable shoes for our wedding (dress fitting imminent! Left it a bit late😲) We're having it at an outdoor venue, so thicker heels for the grass (plus I'm not a big heel...

Joanne, monday 1-May-23 9 1
M
Cupid carriages American Pie Limos bankrupt
Mark, 6 of April of 2023 at 07:54

Notified yesterday that our wedding car supplier has gone bankrupt and unable to fulfill our day in 4 days time That’s Cupid Carriages also trading as American Pie Limousines Guess we won’t be the...

Mark, monday 29-May-23 14
N
Wedding colour scheme?
Natalie, 14 of February of 2023 at 08:23

Hi all, Getting married next April in a barn and old castle. And due to sentimental reasons, I want a bouquet of daisies, babies breath and sunflowers. So if this is the flowers want, what colours...

Tanya, saturday 18-Feb-23 9
Zoe
Dress fitting
Zoe, 5 of January of 2023 at 21:08

Do a lot of people get really worried they won’t like their dress when the go back the seamstresses…… I’m worried I was in the wrong mood when I brought it and have made a mistake!! My wedding is in 6...

Sloufish, saturday 7-Jan-23 3
R
Centrepieces
Robyn Amos, 27 of October of 2022 at 05:34

Hey everyone What are your centrepieces looking like? There are so many options out there it’s a bit of a minefield. I’d love to see some pictures if possible xxx

Abi, tuesday 1-Nov-22 6
Emilyt
Wedding Dress Hesitation
Emilyt, 6 of September of 2022 at 22:38

So I done that hugely rookie error of buying my dress WAY too early. I keep looking at the photos and gradually I am starting to hate it. I've had it since March and I don't get married until August...

Charlotte, wednesday 14-Sep-22 11
Thierry
What to do while i wait….
Thierry, 22 of August of 2022 at 17:31

Hello! I am getting married in April 2024 and have booked venue (including food, dj, accommodation and drinks), hair and make up, photographer and videographer. I have a rough guest list and seating...

Thierry, thursday 25-Aug-22 14
Nicole
Something Borrowed
Nicole, 22 of August of 2022 at 19:30

For those who did the whole something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, what was your something borrowed? Completely curious as it’s the one that’s been most difficult for me to...

Kirsty, wednesday 24-Aug-22 14 1
C
Fed up!
Claire, 20 of August of 2022 at 19:50

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just need to rant! I just feel completely fed up already with certain family members with decisions about our wedding. First MIL has told us she doesn’t want us...

Randypivor, monday 22-Aug-22 4
E
Artificial flowers for diy bouquet
Ebony, 18 of August of 2022 at 20:54

Hi, I'm looking for reasonable quality artificial flowers, specifically Dahlia's as that my mother's name. I've already brought some nice flowers from TK Maxx but need the Dahlias for the buttonholes....

Ebony, monday 22-Aug-22 3
A
Wedding colours
Ann-Marie, 26 of July of 2022 at 15:48

Where do you even start in choosing a wedding colour 😩

Michelle, wednesday 10-Aug-22 21 1
Charlotte
Covid strikes
Charlotte, 16 of July of 2022 at 20:58

So I get married on the 23rd July, and everything has been well, planning wise. My nana hasnt been in the best of health, and now my Uncle won't be able to make it either due to ill health. Its a bit...

Michelle, saturday 23-Jul-22 25
V
Dress wobbles
Vjh, 26 of June of 2022 at 13:52

I jumped the gun a touch and have already bought a dress, we get married next October. It was a really good deal, it was a dress I had been eyeing up on the wed2b website and then saw it for a...

Michelle, monday 27-Jun-22 5
Abigail
Bridesmaids
Abigail, 24 of June of 2022 at 07:51

Hey! So I’ve been looking at Ever-Pretty for my bridesmaid dresses over the last few days and have decided I like this one. I just have a few questions; Has anyone ever ordered from ever pretty What’s...

Rebekah, saturday 25-Jun-22 8
Sam
Eva Lendel wedding dresses
Sam, 19 of June of 2022 at 16:17

Hi everyone! I'm newly engaged and having some fun researching wedding dresses! I'm very picky and have some body hangups, so being very selective. I'm finding that I've been very attracted to some...

Kirstie, monday 27-Jun-22 11
Victoria
Struggling between 2 dresses
Victoria, 17 of June of 2022 at 07:27

Hi all, I'm struggling to decide on which dress to wear. I have recently lost weight and want to show off my figure but my fiancé likes the more traditional dress. I never wear anything like dresses...

Ostira, monday 20-Jun-22 16
Alix
Recommendations on Where to buy faux flowers?
Alix, 9 of June of 2022 at 00:03

Hi all, looking to incorporate faux flowers for some additional venue floristry decor to help reduce costs, mostly greenery garlands, faux eucalyptus, and white florals. I was thinking of places like...

RomanticGreenCars317, tuesday 14-Jun-22 3
S
Stuck for bridesmaid dress colours
Sloufish, 27 of May of 2022 at 18:03

If there ever was a silly sounding problem I feel this might be it. But I am hoping someone has some wisdom or thoughts to help me out. Before I chose my dress or anything else I knew what flowers I...

Michelle, friday 27-May-22 6
Yds86
Bridesmaid Dresses
Yds86, 22 of May of 2022 at 18:13

Has anyone had bridesmaid dresses made? And if so how much would something like that cost? I’m really struggling to find dresses in the colour I want from somewhere in the UK. Found one in JJS house...

Sarah, monday 23-May-22 6
Melanie
Does it have to be cake?
Melanie, 23 of May of 2022 at 08:53

I need help... I don't like cake 😐 I know tradition is for the cutting if the wedding cake but what else can I have? Cake seems the safest option because most people like cake and then there's me......

Williamdausa, wednesday 15-Jun-22 35
S
When to start actually planning
Shelbie, 19 of May of 2022 at 20:58

Hi guys, Just a quick question when would you start planning for your wedding? I’ve booked our wedding for May 2024 at our local church. My question is when would you order/book ceremony venue for...

Michelle, saturday 21-May-22 9 1
Romanticpurplediamonds32382
April 2022 brides
Romanticpurplediamonds32382, 11 of May of 2022 at 12:14

We got married on April 22nd 2022 Any April brides still on cloud 9 ??? Show us your wedding photos here's some of mine 🤩😘

Romanticpurplediamon, thursday 12-May-22 25
B
How do people afford it?
Beajeebride, 1 of May of 2022 at 23:05

Hey everyone, I’m quite new here but have read through lots of budgeting posts already. Myself and my fiancé have been engaged for nearly 3 years now and while I didn’t dream of a long proposal with...

Daniella, wednesday 4-May-22 13 1
J
Inviting teachers - during term time
Josh, 12 of April of 2022 at 22:35

Me and my SO are planning our wedding, we’ve found our dream venue and have a date that has somewhat of a significance to us. The only problem, it’s the Thursday before the end of the school term. We...

Melissa, thursday 13-Apr-23 35
E
Freya Rose Wedding Shoes
Emma, 11 of April of 2022 at 14:06

Freya Rose Wedding Shoes- which to choose? Hi all! I'm currently planning my wedding which is June next year, i've been really obsessed with Freya Rose for the longest time and i know that i want a...

Sloufish, monday 11-Apr-22 1
Adele
Wed2b wedding dresses
Adele, 4 of April of 2022 at 07:58

Just wondering has anyone bought their wedding dress from wed2b? Our wedding budget has gone pretty out of control and my fiancé and I have decided to not go over the top and spend too much on our...

Sarah, thursday 1-Sep-22 31 2
Jessica
Wedding breakfast
Jessica, 20 of March of 2022 at 18:44

Has anyone managed to find a decent venue which doesn’t force you to have a wedding breakfast? We’re wanting a more relaxed day with a later wedding, no speeches etc then maybe a hog roast!

RomanticGreenStation, monday 21-Mar-22 8 1
Anonbride
What are some personal touches you're planning for your wedding day?
Anonbride, 16 of March of 2022 at 15:26

I think we so often post on here when something's stressing us out, so I thought it might be nice to share a few things that we're doing because we just really want to and that'll make our days feel...

Michelle, saturday 19-Mar-22 11 1
C
Comfy wedding shoes
Caroline, 6 of March of 2022 at 21:53

If anyone has their wedding shoes yet please can you let me know what brand you have and how comfortable they are! I need to be able to dance all night!

Mick, thursday 24-Mar-22 8

General groups

Hitched article topics