Skip to main content
Stephanie
Stephanie

London - South West, South West London · From August 2021

Happily married 🎉

9 June 2022

59days 7hours
Dean
Is it typical to not hear from your registrar prior to the wedding?
Dean, 15 July 2022 at 00:25

Our wedding is next week, we have fully paid the registrar, gave our notice and filled in their online form. It says on that form that the booking is confirmed and paid. But we haven't heard anything...

Stephanie, friday 15-Jul-22 3
L
Super quick wedding as fiancé has terminal cancer
Lisa, 12 July 2022 at 11:53

My bf has just proposed as he’s got less than 6 months with terminal cancer and is going through chemo. 💔 We need something super quick. I’ve got no idea where to start. It’d just be us and maybe few...

Lisa, sunday 24-Jul-22 21
Hayley
Wedding venue
Hayley, 9 July 2022 at 20:42

I recently got engaged, and I have a clear idea of the wedding I want. Between me and my partner there will be close to 200 attending the ceremony and reception. I really don’t want to get married in...

Michelle, wednesday 13-Jul-22 6
Sarah
Reserved seating wording
Sarah, 11 July 2022 at 14:00

Hey everyone. I have noticed in pictures of weddings at my venue that there are what I presume 'reserved' cards on the front row / 2 rows of seats (this is at non church venue) I can't zoom in enough...

WilliamPEM, saturday 16-Jul-22 5
Emily
Reward Credit Card
Emily, 3 June 2022 at 12:53

Hello We are thinking of opening a reward credit card to pay for the wedding to earn points towards the honeymoon! Has anyone else done this before? We have good credit score so hopefully would be...

Yorkshirelass, tuesday 7-Jun-22 3
B
Where to print own signs?
B1989, 29 May 2022 at 17:32

Hi I want to have little signs around the reception for things like sparklers, sweetie bar, guest book etc. I’d rather do it myself via Canva to keep the cost down but I’m struggling to find somewhere...

Stephanie, monday 30-May-22 2
Caroline
Advice on where to hold wedding
Caroline, 26 April 2022 at 14:32

Hello everyone, My fiance and I are really struggling with where to hold our wedding. He is originally from Cheshire and I'm from Bedfordshire, we currently live in Cambridgeshire. We've been looking...

Caroline, thursday 28-Apr-22 4
C
Wedding websites?
Clare, 21 April 2022 at 12:14

Hi all Has anyone made a wedding website and if so, do you have any recommendations? (something simple ideally / pre-made templates). I've seen hitched has one obviously haha but just curious if...

SamuelKaf, sunday 1-May-22 15
Nisha
Affordable make up artist in London - Help!!!
Nisha, 18 April 2022 at 21:55

Hi everyone, I am trying to find a make up artist for the day of my wedding. I really don't want to spend more than £100 (I don't even want to spend this if I'm honest) but can not find anything...

Nisha, tuesday 19-Apr-22 2
S
Must have and nots
Sophc22, 5 April 2022 at 20:36

Myself and my partner are Hopefully going to start planning our long awaited wedding for next year! We started planning early 2019 but then fell pregnant with our son so we decided to wait, then...

Stephanie, tuesday 12-Apr-22 6
E
Hair up or down?
Emma, 10 April 2022 at 21:41

How do you decide whether to have your hair up or down?? My wedding is 5 weeks away and I’m still not sure! My dress is backless and I think it would look beautiful to show that off … but I’m more...

Millie, friday 1-Jul-22 10
L
DIY wedding stationery software
loves-young-dream, 21 February 2013 at 17:30

Those who did their own wedding stationery on the computer what software did you use? thanks x

Jordan10Brown, sunday 17-Jul-22 8
Robyn Amos
Honeymoon Destinations
Robyn Amos, 28 March 2022 at 21:19

Where is everyone having their honeymoon??🥰

Bobs, yesterday at 17:52 21
Silvana
Did you use a honeymoon company or organised it yourself?
Silvana, 13 March 2022 at 17:46

Hi everyone! We are getting married next year in June and we're having a look at honeymoon destinations. Did you organise it yourself or did you book it using a company/organiser?I really would like...

Silvana, wednesday 23-Mar-22 10
L
What time are you getting married (those having everything in one place)
Laura, 21 February 2022 at 21:46

So we was set on a late wedding (3pm) then have drinks & canapés then big bbq/hog roast (I really didn’t want a 3 course meal) but thinking about it, we feel we will both be bored in the morning....

Stephanie, wednesday 2-Mar-22 16 1
Stephanie
How much is too much? Hen do dilemma!
Stephanie, 22 February 2022 at 10:17

My MOH has sent me through different options for my hen do ranging between £100-£195 per person. It's made me panic a bit about the cost for attendees. I've never been on a hen do myself (so odd that...

Jane, friday 25-Feb-22 5 319
Jamie
Don't want a band or dj but venue is insisting
Jamie, 21 February 2022 at 16:36

I just need to have a little vent here for a moment, before I seriously lose my cool with our venue's Events Coordinator... We've repeatedly told our venue that we simply don't want a DJ or band...

Jamie, tuesday 22-Feb-22 10 1
Bal
Hair and makeup trial
Bal, 18 February 2022 at 09:56

Hi I am going for a hair and makeup trial and it is costing me £110 and the same amount on the day. I had always assumed that the trial would be cheaper. Also is that a reasonable amount to pay. I am...

xkimx007, monday 21-Feb-22 9
Saffron
Is it standard to invite all out of town guests to a "destination" wedding rehearsal dinner?
Saffron, 11 February 2022 at 12:44

Basically the title. I've heard varying opinions.

Charlotte, friday 11-Feb-22 2
Chloe
First look or wait until the alter?
Chloe, 9 February 2022 at 14:51

What's everyone going for and why? I'd been erring towards the traditional alter moment, but it seems first looks are gaining in popularity and feature in a lot of the "real weddings" articles out...

Chloe, wednesday 27-Apr-22 23
Stephanie
Hen Do Dress
Stephanie, 8 February 2022 at 09:09

Hello, Trying to find a little white dress with a bow for my hen do. Has anyone seen any on their shopping travels? Ideally want to keep it under £200...

Michelle, wednesday 9-Feb-22 3 106
Jordan
Wedding Dress Help! Please
Jordan, 5 February 2022 at 20:52

Hi!!! I’m desperately hoping someone knows of a good dupe for this dress. I adore this dress but would never spend that amount of money on a wedding dress. If anyone could share any dupes I would be...

Stephanie, monday 7-Feb-22 3
Chloe
Help me pick a dress!
Chloe, 26 January 2022 at 09:25

My wedding is in November and I'm struggling with choosing a dress! We're getting married in an old barn and I imagined something very whimsical and flowy, but also tried on the halter neck which is a...

Hayley, sunday 30-Jan-22 23
Chloe
What are you asking your bridesmaids and moh to do?
Chloe, 24 January 2022 at 14:31

I've got a lovely MOH (actually a guy, gay and interested in stereotypically 'girly' things though so not discounting him from anything just because he's a guy) and two lovely bridesmaids (both...

Chloe, tuesday 25-Jan-22 3
B
Wedding Photography
Beth, 20 January 2022 at 18:34

Hi all Is it naive to think I can get a photographer for £600-£800? I only want a digital option (no albums to be made) but its looking like its £1000+ which I really don’t have budget for.We would...

Amy, thursday 21-Jul-22 17 1
S
Cost saving tips?
Sam, 12 January 2022 at 08:59

What are you doing to save the cost ladies? I am planning- paper flowers I can make- wood burning names into things- potentially doing chocolate moulds- breakdown at all the cost saving things I’m...

Louise, sunday 30-Jan-22 9
Stephanie
Do i need canapes?
Stephanie, 18 January 2022 at 13:51

I'm wondering if I actually need canapes at our drinks reception. We're having a small (22 person) wedding with the ceremony at 4pm, cocktails, photos and lawn games 4.30-6.30 and then dinner at a...

BobbyMam, thursday 20-Jan-22 4 203
Chloe
Beach/outdoor brides... what are you wearing?!
Chloe, 18 January 2022 at 11:13

Hi again you lovely lot! I'm thinking of booking in my dress shopping appointment quite soon, as I have a couple of dresses that I'm quite attached to style wise... however, my mum just made the point...

Chloe, wednesday 19-Jan-22 8
Chloe
Is it worth taking out a rewards credit card for wedding stuff?
Chloe, 17 January 2022 at 11:55

I read on one of those planning articles that taking out a rewards based credit card can be really worth while, but looking into a few it seems like there's a lot of immediate spend (like in the first...

Stephanie, monday 17-Jan-22 2
A
Family drama…
Alice, 17 January 2022 at 14:46

Hi all, apologises for the long message but I am desperately in need of some advice re sisters partner… Starting from the beginning, I have known this man since I was 17 (now 29). My sister met him...

JimlFadetaupe, friday 25-Feb-22 18
Stephanie
Altering from wrap front to scoop neckline
Stephanie, 11 January 2022 at 14:10

Does anyone know roughly how much it would alter a dress to change a wrap neckline to scoop? Not even sure if it's what I want but would be good to know if I should just stop thinking about it as an...

Charlotte, wednesday 12-Jan-22 3

General groups

Hitched article topics