Leeds, West Yorkshire · From August 2021

Happily married 🎉

1 of April of 2023

398days 18hours

Discussions

Weddingjuly2023
Wedding dress seamstress
Weddingjuly2023, 18 of November of 2022 at 22:15

Hi everyone, I've spoke to a couple of streamstresses about my wedding dress and I'm confused as to what to do! One of them said they won't be comfortable altering my dress until at least 6 weeks...

Becky, saturday 19-Nov-22 4
A
Hiring or diy wedding reception decorations
Aimee, 21 of October of 2022 at 22:18

So we are in 2 minds wether to splash out and get the professionals in to decorate the reception for us or go in ourselves the day before or a couple days before to do it all.!!! Going to have a...

Emily, sunday 30-Oct-22 7
H
Who packs the bridesmaids dresses?
Hannah, 10 of October of 2022 at 19:53

Hey everyone! Super random question…but who packs the bridesmaids dresses/takes the bridesmaids dresses to the wedding location? We are based in London and getting married in Scotland next year. I...

Becky, thursday 13-Oct-22 3
S
Peacock theme bad luck
Sarah, 2 of September of 2022 at 16:58

I was going to have my wedding theme as peacock feathers. Had 1delivered today just to have a look at the colours. My friend was here with me and nearly had a heart attack when I told her my idea....

Michelle, monday 14-Nov-22 37
C
Bridesmaid dresses help ..
Claire, 3 of August of 2022 at 14:57

I wank dark green bridesmaid dresses for October 2022 however cannot find many... suggestions welcome! Got one from hebeos - hideous and they wont take it back. I do not recommend this site.

Niketa, tuesday 18-Oct-22 15
S
Invitations!!! How early did you send them out?
Sherralee, 30 of July of 2022 at 12:24

How early did you send your invitations out? We dont get married till June 2024, but im so excited to get started. Is it too early to send invitations out?I kinda want to do them now as im off work...

Kirsty, wednesday 3-Aug-22 6
R
Has anyone recently booked a wedding for summer 23 please?
Rachel, 23 of July of 2022 at 23:36

Hi I’d be really grateful to hear from anyone who has recently booked a wedding for Summer 23. We have just got engaged and really want to get married next summer. I’ve contacted a few venues and the...

Charlotte, thursday 28-Jul-22 9
Abigail
Help
Abigail, 3 of July of 2022 at 09:58

Hi! I need some advice. I’ve got my bridesmaid dresses that I want to order however I’m struggling getting everyone’s sizes. I’ve asked a lot of time now, and feel like I’m getting no where. One...

Michelle, sunday 3-Jul-22 4
Faye
Guest help
Faye, 29 of June of 2022 at 03:17

Hello all I am needing some advice regarding my guests. My partner and I have reached the max capacity of day guest, to the point that even the venue has told us that there is literally no more room...

Faye, tuesday 28-Mar-23 24
M
Travel and venues
Mary-Anne, 27 of May of 2022 at 09:54

Hello! I don't know what to do! I have friends and family scattered around the world and many have young families. I don't know who would be able to come to my wedding especially with travel...

Ali, wednesday 5-Jul-23 8
R
Lack of guests
Rachael, 21 of May of 2022 at 14:54

Anyone had not many people too invite? Usually people are cutting down guest numbers for money reasons, but I'm actually struggling to populate a guest list, with a small family and not really any...

Debbie, tuesday 24-May-22 7
Katie
Worried about my veil
Katie, 12 of May of 2022 at 17:02

Sorry if this is a long one but, I'm having a wobble about the veil I've reserved. I picked one in a bit of a hurry as I was rather overwhelmed after picking my dress. I've picked a cathedral length...

Jenna, monday 16-May-22 11
August 24 Bride
Am i crazy looking at a 2025 date?!?!?!?!
August 24 Bride, 12 of May of 2022 at 13:22

Hi all B2B's, Please tell me - Am i being extremely premature for booking a venue in 2025??? I'm currently looking at February 2025 for my wedding date but keep thinking to myself am i being too...

Wayne, sunday 11-Jun-23 39 1
Ajx
Colour schemes
Ajx, 28 of April of 2022 at 16:17

When choosing the colour scheme for the wedding (bridesmaids dresses, decorations, groomsmen outfits etc) did you just know what you wanted it to be or did you have a few options? I feel like everyone...

Michelle, friday 6-May-22 30
laineywhu
Confetti
laineywhu, 5 of July of 2010 at 21:55

Is anyone else not having confetti at their weddings? basically we can have confetti at the registry office but we decided against it, basically the way i see it is im gonna spend all day trying to...

Becky, sunday 1-May-22 9
C
Our dog at our wedding
Colin, 26 of April of 2022 at 10:21

Morning all, we have a 70kg newfoundland dog. He's coming up to 2 years old. The issue me and beautiful fiancee have is, should we bring him to the wedding? Has anyone got any experience of a large...

Ostira, wednesday 27-Apr-22 8
Charlotte
Accessories
Charlotte, 23 of April of 2022 at 17:42

Just after some advice from some others. More like confirmation. I've just had my final fitting for my dress, it's a stunning white lace strapless gown, corset laced back, sweetheart neckline. It has...

Charlotte, thursday 28-Apr-22 25
A
Has anyone ordered a dress from Jj's House? Is the quality decent?
Anonbride, 8 of April of 2022 at 15:17

You might remember a little while ago I was struggling to find a pastel (but not pink and no white background) dress for a wedding I'm going to in May where the bride is being very strict on the dress...

Yorkshirelass, friday 8-Apr-22 5 1
R
No cash bar venue!
Rachel, 31 of March of 2022 at 16:53

We are hoping to get married next year and found a venue online we really like the look of but they don’t have a license for a cash bar. This means all the drinks must be provided by us and...

Bliss, saturday 9-Apr-22 8 1
Kendall
No Hats
Kendall, 21 of March of 2022 at 06:41

I don't want guests to wear hats or fascinators at our wedding. I'm from New Zealand where it is not the norm, and I know that they will make me feel uncomfortable on the day. How do I word this on...

Kendall, friday 25-Mar-22 6
George
Can't decide between these 2 shoes
George, 17 of February of 2022 at 00:44

I'm a guy who has decided that I'm going to be wearing either womens ballet flats or high heels to my wedding and I can't decide which of these shoes to go for so any help would be appreciated

Emma, saturday 19-Feb-22 23
Lauren
Help me with Wedding Flowers
Lauren, 26 of January of 2022 at 17:59

Like most of us, I am absolutely clueless when it comes to planning a Wedding but the thought of sorting flowers is daunting!! How do I get the ball rolling? *Do I contact a florist? How can I do it...

Jess, monday 7-Feb-22 18 3
E
Epically bad hen do - 🤦🏻‍♀️
Ellie, 18 of January of 2022 at 19:37

Due to covid I had my hen do after my wedding. I originally didn’t want one but a few friends said I will regret not having one and I should do! Wish I hadnt listened to them! Lol because now I...

Ellie, friday 21-Jan-22 9
R
Honeymoon Destination Ideas
RomanticIvoryBridesmaid30590, 18 of January of 2022 at 14:31

Hello all, I am looking for some honeymoon destination ideas. We are UK Based but looking to really go somewhere that is idyllic but also has nightlife, bars, restaurants and is safe to leave the...

Matt, friday 6-Jan-23 3 1
H
Sleeping on the night before the wedding - How?!
Hannah, 16 of January of 2022 at 11:41

Our wedding isn’t until next year, but I’m already stressing so much about getting no sleep the night before the wedding that it’s giving me insomnia now! As a very anxious person I worry so much...

Emma, friday 21-Jan-22 4
Linny
Venue Vibes
Linny, 16 of January of 2022 at 08:00

Quick shout out to all the brides to be, where planning is taking over your life 🏽 #lovingit We are going an untraditional route. Think: No cake. No rings, no speeches (just toasts), trestle tables,...

M, monday 17-Jan-22 9 1
A
Man of Honour outfit ideas
Anonbride, 14 of January of 2022 at 16:12

So I'm having two bridesmaids and a man of honour (who's actually v happy to be called maid but just to distinguish here that I'm dressing a man!), I want to make sure he looks like part of the...

Nicky, monday 17-Jan-22 6
Imogen
Proposal gone wrong
Imogen, 5 of January of 2022 at 07:13

A few days ago my incredible boyfriend proposed to me, he was very focused on keeping it a surprise, which he succeeded however it meant that I ruined my own proposal, I wasn’t feeling well or in a...

Sian, sunday 23-Jan-22 21 1
Michelle
Wedding Shop/ Boutique
Michelle, 21 of December of 2021 at 17:20

Hi lovelies, I’m newly engaged and will be starting wedding dress searching after the New Year. I’m extremely heavy chested and a size UK20. For those who have tried their wedding dresses, how is the...

MrsRtoH, saturday 1-Jan-22 10
L
Sweet cones!
Lettie, 18 of December of 2021 at 11:59

Just wondering if anyone who has made sweet cones before could tell me how long before the wedding I can prepare them? I’m trying to get as much done as I can to reduce stress closer to the date! I am...

Becky, sunday 19-Dec-21 2
Lucy
How much is too much?
Lucy, 18 of December of 2021 at 23:43

Hello! So I’m thinking I will go towards a more off the shoulder style, but potentially my dress will have thick straps at most. Our wedding is going to be super bright and colourful, and I was toying...

Lau, thursday 23-Dec-21 5
S
Weight Loss Tips
Saffy, 13 of January of 2021 at 04:28

Hi Ladies, I am getting married next year and I would love to loose a lot of weight. I am currently a size 16/18 and would love to get myself down to a size 8/10 by my wedding. Any tips for helping to...

Alison, monday 7-Nov-22 12 2

General groups

Hitched article topics