Skip to main content

Etiquette and Advice

Join Group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
A
Order of reception
Alice, 23 of July of 2023 at 19:24

Hi everyone, we're planning to start our wedding reception at 5pm. The plan is to have a buffet, toasts, about 30 mins of speeches, cake cutting, the wedding cake being served as dessert. But I'm not...

Hayley, sunday 23-Jul-23 1 63
Leelee
Mixed age bridesmaids
Leelee, 11 of July of 2023 at 18:56

Hi, It’s looking like I’m going to have 5 bridesmaids ranging from age 11 to 28. Do you think the age range is ok? Originally, I was going to have the youngest one as a flower girl but multiple...

MrsM2B, wednesday 12-Jul-23 3 61
S
Seeking Opinions: Swapping Wedding Dates for Dream Venue - Is It Reasonable?
Sam, 20 of June of 2023 at 20:59

Hey everyone, I need your opinions and insights regarding a situation my fiancé and I are currently facing. We have our hearts set on a specific venue for our wedding in September/October 2024, but...

PhotographybyBillHad, monday 26-Jun-23 8 307
D
Other roles than flower girl
Dee, 12 of June of 2023 at 14:32

So my FH has a 7 of nieces and nephews aged between 5 and 17. The 5 year old will be our page boy and my 7 year old niece will be a flower girl, and we have got them both little gifts to ‘propose’....

Marisa, wednesday 21-Jun-23 2 91
G
Cash Bar?
Gracef, 11 of August of 2022 at 21:18

I’m just looking for some advice really. I was chatting to a member of the family about the wedding the other day and mentioned that it’s a cash bar. He was shocked and looked at me horrified and said...

SlimThug, thursday 23-Mar-23 19 775 2
S
Walking yourself down the aisle?
Sarah, 28 of January of 2023 at 18:08

I have always intended to walk down the aisle by myself. My dad died in 2011, and so to me, there was never any other option. I’m a strong woman, very independent, and always have been. My sister got...

FngielPak, tuesday 21-Mar-23 5 235
C
Symbolic Ceremony in Italy
Claire, 11 of March of 2023 at 18:42

Hi all, my parter and I will be getting married in the UK with family and then hoping to have a "celebration" wedding in Italy with friends but I really want to keep it simple and book somewhere in or...

Claire, saturday 11-Mar-23 26
S
Bridesmaid Wedding 2 weeks before mine
Sarah, 7 of November of 2022 at 21:09

I got engaged 9 months ago and have planned my date and wedding for next year, already sending out the save the dates 3 months ago. My bridesmaid who knows my date got engaged recently and has had...

CharlesMed, tuesday 8-Nov-22 3 372
Estina
Friend upset about not being considered
Estina, 21 of October of 2022 at 05:52

Last night I Had a Frank conversation with a good friend of mine. We went to uni together we lived in the same house. She hasn't spoken to me for a month because she's upset that I didn't have a...

Estina, friday 21-Oct-22 26
Zoe
Documentation for giving notice - German marrying British
Zoe, 26 of September of 2022 at 16:20

Hi all, Hopefully someone can offer some insight as we’re getting mixed messages and info online. My fiancé is a German citizen with a German passport but has settled status. I am British and we live...

Zoe, monday 26-Sep-22 37
S
Help! Awkward situation
Sharon, 31 of May of 2022 at 03:43

Hi all Could really do with some advice, might seem like a minor issue or that I'm being the biggest bitch but it's really stressing me out. We are getting married in Mexico next year (we live in the...

Michelle, wednesday 1-Jun-22 7 346
Hannah
Less than 8 hours left to get 25% off Hitched Stationery
Hannah, 28 of February of 2022 at 16:43

Hey everyone! I'm Hannah- the community manager for forums on Hitched and this is your very last chance to benefit from our Stationery discount. We won’t be giving a discount like this for a while so...

Hannah, monday 28-Feb-22 23
A
Guest arrival time
Anna, 22 of February of 2022 at 23:52

Hi, I'm just looking at the timeline of the wedding day and wanted people's experience of guest arrival time. If we book the registrar ceremony for 12:00PM should we request guests to arrive at...

Anna, saturday 26-Feb-22 5 221
Hannah
4 days left to grab your Hitched Stationery Discount
Hannah, 24 of February of 2022 at 17:36

Hey everyone! I'm Hannah the community manager for forums on Hitched and I wanted to do a last call out for our Hitched Stationery Discount! We’re giving with code: The discount is only valid until...

Hannah, thursday 24-Feb-22 26
H
Brownsover Hall concerns
HappyRedCakes2760, 25 of September of 2021 at 11:48

After a bit of advice.. We’ve had to rebook our date 3 times due to COVID. Finally settled on next August but have been reading so many bad reviews on trip advisor and even people commenting on the...

HappyRedCakes2760, saturday 25-Sep-21 77

General groups

Hitched article topics